• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
Rain stands guard, whilst the others recover from the fight.

"I am ready."

[sblock=Ministats:]
Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 1.
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 10. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 19, Fort: 13, Reflex: 14, Will: 14.
HP: 29/31, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 10/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind
Guardian's Counter
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Daeja

Explorer
Zuri picks herself up and dusts herself off, biting her tongue to keep from groaning. Relieved that everyone else seems inclined to take the time to recover, she quietly adds her own, "I'll live." to the responses.

OOC: Editing in because apparently I missed it this morning: Zuri uses two surges to get up to 23 HP so she's at 4/7 surges remaining

[sblock=mini-stats]Passive Perception 15 / Insight 10
AC: 16, F/R/W:12/16/13, Speed 6
HP: 23/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 4/7
Action Points: 0
Powers:
MBA: Dagger, +6 vs AC, 1d4+3
At-Will: Disheartening Strike, Riposte Strike
(e)Surprise Strike
(e)Torturous Strike
(e)Fey Step
(D)Precise Incision:
Combat notes: Sneak attack is 2d6+2 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Gray wipes the amber colored jelly from his brow, flinging it from his hand to the ground with a satisfying squelch as it splatters against the floor of the cavern and a small grin appears on his face as he hears the sound echoing within the cavern.

Gray closes his eyes for a moment, centering himself while he assessed his physical state.

"I am not harmed." he says to the group, walking over to Rain. "I am amazed at your skill with both blade and magic. I have not seen anyone able to create magic walls like you do. Is this a common skill for magic users?"

OOC: Gray will spend 1 surge to bring him up to full HP.

[sblock=Gray's Stats] Gray - Hengeyokai Monk 1
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 17, Fort 11, Reflex 16, Will 15
HP 22/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 6/7
Speed 7, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blistering Flourish, Steel Wind, Desert Wind Flurry of Blows, Nature's Mask
Encounter Powers: Light the Fire, Surefooted Stride
Daily Powers: Risen Sun
[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
"I am not harmed." he says to the group, walking over to Rain. "I am amazed at your skill with both blade and magic. I have not seen anyone able to create magic walls like you do. Is this a common skill for magic users?"

Rain answers, though she is somewhat surprised at the question, she answers quietly, "The wizard may invoke defensive magical shields around themselves, though I do not belong to that order of study. It was my duty to train as a Swordmage; I have studied the rudimentaries of an honourable discipline called the Aegis of Shielding. It is my calling to disrupt the attacks of foes away from others, though I can use some wards to protect myself to a lesser extent as well."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Judge]
GM: XP rewards:
Encounter level 1
Mad Spirit Lvl 2 elite controller 250 xp
Ochre Jelly lvl 3 elite brute 300 xp
(minions were part of the Mad Spirits abilities so no extra xp for them)
Total: 550 xp
Double XP: 1100 xp
5 pcs gives 220 xp each

Time XP for Zuri, Rain, Wat and Sabynha: 10th June-10th July: lvl 1=167 xp
10th July-10th August: lvl 1= 167 xp
Total time xp= 334 xp

Time XP fo Gray: 4th July-4th of August: lvl 1= 167 xp

Final Total XP for Zuri, Rain, Wat and Sabynha: 220+334 = 554 XP
Final Total XP for Gray: 220 +167 = 387 xp

Treasure Awards:
Time Gold XP for Zuri, Rain, Wat and Sabynha:
10th June -10th August level 1 = 252gp
Time Gold XP for Gray:
4th July - 4th August = 126 gp

Also needing approval:
2 Healing Potions given to group by Lady Tamora and 3 Healing Potions given by Lord Carric so each PC was rewarded with 1 Healing Potion

Zuri, Wat, Rain and Sabynha would now be level 2 with 1251 xp! Congratulations!

Although I'm not allowing you to level up at this stage as I don't want to alter the adventure design I am going to award you 5 THPs each at the beginning of each encounter until you level up to reward you for your achievement. You also gain +1 THP when you spend a healing surge which can stack with other THPs if you already have any. I know it's not levelling up but I hope that it is better than nothing :) @Lord Sessadore Approval of XP awards would be awesome, and a seal of approval upon the temporary award of THPS would be fantastic! Thx! :D
*stamps* Approved, everything looks good. The 5 THP per encounter is perfectly OK by me. It isn't the craziest thing I've seen, for the record. ;)[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
"I can't imagine much lies beyond where the jelly emerged from. From what I've heard their appetites are... indiscriminate.

But still might be worth checking it out. No telling what sort of treasures such creature left undigested."

OOC: Wat votes for checking the south passage to see if there is any treasure the jelly left behind.

Daeja

Explorer
Zuri visibly perks up a little at Wat's suggestion of treasure. She recovers her dropped dagger, keeping it in her right hand rather than sheathing it.

Remove ads