• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
"There is perhaps a gentle breeze from the South, which is why I wish to go there; the air from the East feels too still, like a dead end, but that was where the spirit was lurking."

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"I don't think it vould hurt to check ze deadt end. Like you say, perhaps somesing useful can be found in ze leavings." Sabynha was not avaricious, nor - contrary to popular opinion - were her people desperate scavengers, but she was not above repurposing discarded items. Seemed a horrible waste to leave perfectly good things lying around.

Gray smiles at Rain's comment, not entirely sure that she wasn't teasing him. However, he knew that there were few of his kind, so he decided that the question was genuine.

"No, not my order. Most people think I am a half-elf, but this is not true. I am not sure what the common term for my kind is...but my master once told me that I am what is called Hengeyokai. I think not much is known about Hengeyokai, but my master says we are born as animal (for me, it was fox) and live as animal for a long time and then learn to be human or elf like. I'm not sure about "learning" to do it, though... for me, I just sort of...woke up like this about ten years ago. That is when I started training with my master. I think he had kept me as a sort of pet before I changed. And I think I was with him for a very long time, because he is one of the few things I can remember of my time as an animal. The rest is...fuzzy. Like thinking of a warm blanket, but not knowing what color it is. A nice feeling, but nothing else."

Neil1889

First Post
"Like thinking of a warm blanket, but not knowing what color it is. A nice feeling, but nothing else."

Rain listens attentively, taking Gray's response in.

"Well, that's not at all what I expected you say," Rain whispers with just a faint a glimpse of a smile. "There are stories from the Kingdom of Jade about foxes, but none of them are at all like your's that I can remember."

jbear

First Post
The eastern passage bears north quickly, and its walls grow wetter as you move onward. Beyond the rubble of a shattered flowstone curtain, the tunnel ends in a round cave. Like sharp teeth, stalagmites jut from the floor toward an array of stalactites hanging from the ceiling. A skeleton wearing ancient chainmail lies here, impaled upon a stalagmite. The equipment this unfortunate person once carried is ruined, but the golden armbands the corpse still wears is unsullied by age.
[sblock=Heal (DC 12):] The skeleton is that of a male human. [/sblock]
[sblock=History (DC 19):] Equipment remnants on the skeleton suggest that this person was a member of the Black Eagles, a barbarian tribe that once roamed this area. [/sblock]

The skeleton's gear is worthless. Scattered near its hip is 50 gp and a gem worth 100 gp. Bound to the skeleton's arms are a pair of golden armbands engraved with the beautiful image of a striking eagle. Sabynha's sharp eyes spots an area in the corner of the cavern where the wall has broken away and covered a second ancient body wearing leather armour which is well preserved despite the ravages of time. It takes little effort to pull it free from the bony skeleton wearing the armour.

Apart from that the tunnel is a dead end. There is nothing else to see here.

GM: Treasure:
Leather Armor of Aegis Expansion +1 (Lvl 2 item for Rain)
Bracers of Mighty Striking (Lvl 2 item for Sabynha)

NB: [MENTION=98255]Nemesis Destiny[/MENTION] if there is something else you prefer, or something more defensive or leadery let me know and I'll re-fluff this post to suit and change it for you.

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha raises her voice a little to get the attention of her companions, "Some interestingk things here; ancient bodies. One has armour still intact."

Her voice carried well in the echoes of the cave. She immediately set about recovering the usable artifacts while disturbing the corpses as little as possible. As she did so, she examined them, looking for clues about their origins.
[sblock=skill checks]Heal 1d20+5=25 What a waste of a 20! Where were you when I needed you?!?! Grrr....
History 1d20+4=5 Herpdederp. Back to the usual rolls.[/sblock]
OOC: [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] - I actually can't find the amulet in the compendium, so I'm not sure what it does.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: The item was from Treasure of Talon Pass, and adventure WotC produced for Free RPG Day a few years ago. But they eventually removed that adventure as a source from the Compendium.

It makes me think that perhaps it should be removed as a legal item for L4W.

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Talon Amulet legal?] Let's have our judge weigh in: [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION] What do you think? Is this magic object legal? [/sblock]

Remove ads