• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Amulet]Well, as we have the Charter written, a source doesn't actually need to be in the Compendium to be legal. (Unless there was a proposal that went through that I didn't know about, which is entirely possible. Asking in the Discussion thread would not be a bad idea.) Is the adventure still available? (And is it free?) If so, it should fall under the allowed sources per the Charter; I would just put a note in your sheet somewhere around it that says where/how to find its source, since most of our character approvers use the DDI character builder.

If anyone wants to address the "not in Compendium, is it allowed?" issue, that would be a proposal. Anyone can feel free to start it up if they want to. :)[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
OOC: You can find it, but I'm not sure it is legally obtainable any longer. It was released in 2008 for a special event.
Might be best to find another item then, though I think it is technically still legal per the charter. If it's not easily available for the character checkers it makes that whole process quite a bit more difficult and cumbersome. (And while you can consider torrents etc... easy, I'd rather not require our character checkers to do that.)

Again, if someone wants to address the issue officially, make a proposal. I'm just piping in with what the charter says and my own opinions, I don't necessarily speak for the other judges. :)[/sblock]

Daeja

Explorer
Though itching to get her fingers on the amulet to take a closer look, Zuri hangs back. She busies her twitchy fingers with braiding her hair, which had come loose during the battle. She occupies her mind with replaying the battle and silently debating how she might employ Gray's strategy of disappearing and reappearing to keep herself from getting her posterior kicked should they be required to face down additional monsters before locating the missing couple.

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Might be best to find another item then, though I think it is technically still legal per the charter. If it's not easily available for the character checkers it makes that whole process quite a bit more difficult and cumbersome. (And while you can consider torrents etc... easy, I'd rather not require our character checkers to do that.)

Again, if someone wants to address the issue officially, make a proposal. I'm just piping in with what the charter says and my own opinions, I don't necessarily speak for the other judges. :)[/sblock]

Done

Neil1889

First Post
Rain moves over to see what's what and finds herself removing the remains of the second skeleton as reverently as she can from the armour.

"We must come back later to bury these, um... fellows, properly".

As she carefully lays out the body, Rain has a sudden realisation about the armour.

"This one of the fallen may very well have studied the same Aegis of Shielding that I have. I think this armour was made to help one such as I fulfill their duties."

Once Rain has finished laying out the remains of the probable Swordmage, she places the fellow's blade next to him. She pauses a moment, perhaps in prayer and then moves off in to the darkness of the cavern to modestly change in to the armour behind a pile stalactites and stalagmites.

As Rain thought it might, the armour changes its shape to meet the rather different physical attributes of its new wearer. Something in her mind makes a mental note to have the leather dyed to meet the white, cream and blue colours of her House, but as if by magic, the armour responds to her wishes and makes that change itself as it redstributes its mass to fit her.

[sblock=skill rolls]Heal (DC 12): Total = 4.
History (DC 19) with the skeletons: Total = 13.

Yeash...

Thanks jbear! The armour is going to prove useful, I think. More damage reduction, anyone?

Hope there's no problem with the colour change.

(I'll be doing some limited bookeeping with Rain's sheet tomorrow, I think. :) )[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
GM: Original Treasure Post altered to match the alteration of the Magic Item for [MENTION=98255]Nemesis Destiny[/MENTION] Sabynha to avoid complications or questions of legality.

New Reward: Bracers of Mighty Striking (level 2 arm slot item)

[sblock=My Offline Builder] Talon Amulet is on my old offline builder which is what I use. I had no idea it had been removed from the compendium as I haven't had a subscription for a long time.

Making items only legal that are on the compendium will become interesting when/if they discontinue those features in a not so distant future, in any case. But I guess that is a conversation for the thread the Son of Meepo has created. [/sblock]

Having taken the objects of note from the skeletons the group continues on their way to the south tunnel. Faded chalk markings line the walls for nearly fifty feet until the passage opens into a round cavern with glassy walls of black rock. On the floor at the entrance, the word "Ask" is inscribed in Common in flowing silver letters. A natural passage slopes downward out of this cavern growing steadily damper as it descends.

[sblock=DC 19 History]
The markings are ancient symbols once used by human barbarians of the Black Eagle Tribe, which roamed this area in bygone days. The markings indicate an oracle. [/sblock]
[sblock=Perception DC 12; Passive] The ochre jelly lurked in this passageand has left the floor smooth and clean apart from the Detritus in the entryway which consists of small bits of material that an ochre jelly could not digest. Tiny pieces of metal and smooth stone make up several small heaps upon the floor, including a pair of stone dice.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
[sblock=history]1d20+4=11 Fail.[/sblock]
Sabynha walked silently alongside her companions, not paying much attention to her surroundings, enamoured as she was with her new prize - the ancient, gleaming bracelets. Though she did notice the stone dice.

"Oooh, vhat is zis? And vhat does zis mean, 'ask'?"

jbear

First Post
A ripple of some unknown power rolls down the tunnel as Sabynha says the word "ask". There is an echo but only of that one word, and it distorts in a way that it no longer sounds like her voice. "Ask... ask... ask ... ask ... ask..."

Remove ads