[Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)

Someone

Adventurer
To make the tale short, Epigenes is given to the local authorities. Thogorius and Domenicos' testimony add weight to your words, and while they don't like death in their city, the guard plays loose with the concept of "self defense".

Also, Epigenes was surely a rich man, or cashed recenly money from a mercenary job, because they had quite a lot of money and catchy stuff. Also, as a gesture of thanks, Domenicos approaches you with a small bag of coins. "It's not mine, so don't try to tell me to keep it" says. "I managed to convince the chief librarian to give you an incentive to, ehm, remember them if you manage to find any interesting stuff in your travels. Books and such. And if you go after that mage, don't forget to tell Thogorius and me!"

[sblock=rewards]
Treasure:
Money obtained in the first encounte (already sorted)
126x13/30=54 gold, 6 silver each from time money (calculatd from 12/10 to 25/10)
58 gold pieces each from treasure money and gems.
2 healing potions
+1 Sustaining cloak (from Artemis' wishlist)
+1 Curseforged Scale Armor
Boots of the Dryad (heroic tier)

Magic items, and parcels in general, were rolled as randomly as I could. You can divide them as you see fit, but the cloak was intended for Artemis and Ianward is I think the only one that can wear scale armor.

Experience:

First fight: 2 x (31x4 + 2x125 + 2x150) / 5 = 270 xp
Skill challenge: Failed
Second fight: 2 x (175 + 2x150 + 2x125) / 5 = 290 xp
Quest reward: 100 xp
Time XP: (166x13)/30= 72 xp
Total = 732 xp each[/sblock]

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] is probably trying not to drown in baby poo right now, so let's give him some time to answer, approve rewards, decide what to do with the characters that are not approved and their xp, and generally close the thread.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ok, I'm back at my computer now. My Blackberry makes it hard to read the forum properly. Anyways, I really can't make an exemption unilaterally. If someone (i.e. any of you, not Someone ;)) wants to post in the General Discussion the other judges can also weigh in, but otherwise re-send your PC request with an "urgent" note and the judges will likely move on it quicker. That said, I'll hold off approving any xp that way nobody misses out on anything. [/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: It takes one judge plus one other person to approve right? We could speed things up by looking at each other's pages that'd get things half done ;)

Anyway, I posted to the general discussion about our little predicament, hopefully someone will have a good idea.

orkish_blade

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
If it only takes one judge and one other (i.e. a player), I might have time to look through some of them later today or possibly tomorrow.

It took a long time for Bones to get approved (about a month for the first approval, and another month for the second)... but I didn't post in the forums until then (didn't know that I could--this being my first PBP game).

As far as dividing the items goes, Bones will gladly take a healing potion, Bones wants the big riches--artifacts, legendary treasure hoards, world-renown gemstones (hopefully with curses)--so he wouldn't mind taking less potent items from smaller hauls. :)
[/sblock]

Fyrm

First Post
Just got my second approval, so I'm good.:) I'll also try to take some time to look over anyone's sheet if I can, to help move things along.
As for items, Merc would happely take the other potion, although I havn't taken the time to look at those boots. I'll check them out and post later today if they look good for him.

Otakkun

Explorer
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going on vacations for the new 2 weeks, so my posting may be spotty, please NPC me as needed ... I'm not sure about my internet access over there.

I will try to post, just don't wait for me.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

FourMonos

First Post
Well, I was going to wait to post until Renau1g gave us the okay, but I understand he has his hands full. I wanted to say thanks to Someone for running the game (and the loots!) and everyone for a great game.

Remove ads