Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
Jax notices Quagmire's signal and moves in for the attack. This time however, the wolf notices the movement and knocks Jax down as he approaches. Jax manages to slash at the wolf's belly and hop up, narrowly avoiding being mauled.

[sblock=MBA hits]Andras's +4 is a power bonus and Quagmire's +4 is untyped. They should stack.

MBA hits AC 23 for 37 damage. (1d20+15+3+1=23;1d4+10+1+2+4+4=23;2d8+4=14)[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn took a moment, aiming carefully to hit the wolf in the midst of his compatriots.

[sblock= OOC]
>Standard: Clever shot RBA at last wolf (vs. AC); 1d20+16 (includes Dancing Serpent bonus= 33, hits for 12 damage, killing wolf and knocking it prone as an added insult; roll Roll Lookup

[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Great job on the battle everyone :)

The last of the wolves fall to the ground. As you catch your breath, you notice that there is a change in the atmosphere. With the departure
of the dark and ominous stranger, the oppressive presence seems to have left the area.

With a faint cry, Akriel collapses to her knees and begins sobbing in a mire of obvious misery. She does not even seem to notice her surroundings. As you step toward her and your shadow falls across her body she raises her hands as if to ward off blows from the whip. As she does so, her hood falls back to reveal a strikingly beautiful young lady. Her hair is long and wavy, with the dark color of a raven, and her eyes a soft and timid brown. Beneath her cloak, she is wearing a white blouse under a short sleeveless open jacket of gold brocade. Please, don't hurt me! she cries. I will marry you as you desire! I will be an obedient wife, just don't hurt me!

At once she sees that the ones standing before her is not her tormenter. Oh! My hero! she shouts, jumping up and embracing Sir ExSixTen. I am very lucky to have such brave heroes come to my aid! she says, releasing the Warforged. I can't thank you enough for saving me!

You see, that man is a powerful person of these parts who has been seeking my hand in marriage. As you have seen, he has a violent temper and cannot cope with my rejection of him.
For a second, she seems to falter and looks as if she is about to begin crying again. Her thoughts, however, seem to turn in a more pleasant direction and a bit of color returns to her face.

With a dreamy, far away look in her eyes she speaks again in the hushed voice of someone sharing a deep secret. You see, I love another. My heart is pledged to the good and kind Dr. Dominiani. He lives in a neighboring land known as Gundarak and works day and night to cure others of their ills. I was just speaking to one of his servants before I was discovered. Oh, if only I had one of those mythical knights in shining armor to come to my rescue. But fairy tales will do me no good now...

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras smiles wryly, "Well miss, I don't think you'll find a more stalwart knight than our friend here," he gestures at Sir Exsixten, "and certainly not one so fully armored. But your insistent suitor is gone now, and you should be too before he returns."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten stands quietly while Akriel effusively thanks the group. After she is quiet for a moment, it seems to finally sink in.

NEVER FEAR, YOU ACTUALLY CANNOT THANK SIR EXSIXTEN ENOUGH. CONTINUE WITH THE PRAISE, SIR EXSIXTEN'S SELF-IMPORTANCE BATTERIES ARE LOW ON WORTH UNITS. AND YOU HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT HERO, FOR SIR EXSIXTEN IS A KNIGHT AS SHINING ARMOR.

ALSO, FAIRIES DO NOT HAVE TAILS, BUT SPECIAL BARS WHERE THEY MEET AND EFFEMINATE MANNERISMS BY WHICH THEY IDENTIFY EACH OTHER.

YOUR ERROR CORRECTED, KNOW THAT SIR EXSIXTEN HAS LISTENED INTENTLY TO THINE PLEA AND WE WILL DESTROY THIS GUNDARAK FROM THE EVIL LAND OF DOMINIANI!

OOC: Sir Exsixten will spend a surge to top off.

Dekana

Explorer
Jax watches in amusement as Sir Exsixten pledges to destroy a country. He remains silent so he can hear the lady's response.

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Go ahead and take a short rest. :)

YOUR ERROR CORRECTED, KNOW THAT SIR EXSIXTEN HAS LISTENED INTENTLY TO THINE PLEA AND WE WILL DESTROY THIS GUNDARAK FROM THE EVIL LAND OF DOMINIANI!
I think you misunderstood me Sir Knight, Dr. Dominiani is my true love. I would never want any harm to befall him. His medical practice is in Gundarak, a land not far from here. Akriel says, confused by what Sir ExSixTen said.

There is only one way I can be freed from the cruel hand that fate has dealt me. There is a magical artifact, the secret Crown of Soldiers that was lost by my ancestors. I believe that I now know where it is located, but the place is fraught with danger and one so fragile as myself could never survive such perils...

Suddenly her eyes light up. But if you could get it for me Sir Knight and deliver it to Dr. Dominiani, he could use its power to fight my suitor, Duke Lakos, in honorable combat and win my hand in marriage. He needs the power of the artifact, for he is a man of healing and learning, not of warfare.

Would you please consider my request?
she asks pleadingly. Of course you would not go unrewarded, we will pay your handsomely for your help.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten seems to be paying rapt attention to Akriel as she speaks, but when he opens his mouth, it quickly becomes obvious that he's just seasoning his persistent delusions with sprinkles of fact to keep it vaguely tethered to reality.

WE WILL PRY FREE THE GRIP FATE HAS CLENCHED ON YOUR NUPTIAL ARRANGEMENTS. WE WILL KILL THESE SOLDIERS HOLD THE CROWN AND AVENGE YOUR ANCESTORS!

WITH DUKE LATOS' ARMY AND THE POWER OF THE CROWN, WE WILL ASSAULT
DOMINIANI, DESTROY THEIR FELL ARMY, AND BRING GUNDARAK TO SWEET JUSTICE! CITIZENS, ONWARD TO SEIZE THE CROWN!

Sir Exsixten strides away in what is probably a randomly selected direction, pausing dramatically just before he passes from sight.

BY THE WAY, PRINCESS. YOUR LAST STATEMENT IS REDUNDANT - SIR EXSIXTEN CAN ONLY BE PAID HANDSOMELY.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire watches the proceedings with a grin. At a suitable pause in the conversation, he asks, "That friendly fellow was Duke Lakos, then? What's th'deal with th'wolves, eh?" He gives the nearest corpse a kick.

Remove ads