Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn moved up a bit, keeping his attention o the surroundings while his compatriots talked with the young woman. "I don't suppose we want to work our way back around to the front door and see what happened to that poor fellow that let us into the jail a few minutes ago," he drawled. "Or are we going to fall for her sob story right away?"

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Brenn (and anyone else) can go and investigate what happened to the old jailor while the rest of the party is talking to Akriel if you wish :)

Quagmire watches the proceedings with a grin. At a suitable pause in the conversation, he asks, "That friendly fellow was Duke Lakos, then? What's th'deal with th'wolves, eh?" He gives the nearest corpse a kick.
Oh yes, that was Duke Lakos. Akriel says. He enjoys the company of wolves. I could never understand why.

He is so mean and hateful, I could not think of why any kind of animal could stand his presence, even those terrible beasts.
she adds.

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post

He is so mean and hateful, I could not think of why any kind of animal could stand his presence, even those terrible beasts.

"Fear, wielded properly, can disfigure the mind of even the most gentle animal. Or person. I've seen it far too often, ma'am. If you'll excuse me for a moment..."

Dorn motions for his companions to huddle for a brief consult.

"So, friends. What now?"

OOC:
I'm back

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Err, Brenn, did you take a blow to the head? We saw that man hours ago. But you're right, something might have happened to him. Hopefully nothing too dreadful. Let's go check about for him. The others can tend to the damsel here."

ooc: Actually, is anyone in the group good at insight?

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=DM]Does the maiden have anything worth stealing? /evil laugh[/sblock]
Jax joins the huddle with Dorn, but his attention still seems to be on the young woman.

"Huh, has it been that long already?" He seems to have lost track of time as well. "Yeah, we should find him. See what he thinks about his debt to us."

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Jax]
Akriel has no visible steal-able objects, but she might have something of value in bags under her cloak.

Remember that pick pocket DC is 20+level, but I'll give a bonus for good roleplaying :)
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Jax leaves the huddle and approaches Akriel. He speaks a few staccato sentences as he walks.

"A lost artifact, eh? Sounds like a plan! But it also sounds dangerous. What if it's not magic? Or if your love can't use it? Or he can, but the Duke is stronger anyway?" He slows down walking as he nears the woman, but he doesn't stop. He walks behind her and turns to face her back. "Finally, what kind of reward are you offering?"

Akriel jumps as she feels a kobold hand slapping her rear.

[sblock=super sekrit thievery roll]Jax makes his move while making his move.
By the way, Jax thinks softskins are kind of disgusting. He doesn't actually want that sort of reward from the girl.

Thievery: 26. (1d20+16=26)

Thanks to errata, the DC is 20 + 1/2 level, rather than + level. It might make a difference here, hehe.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
All the old journals and text I've read about say that the item is very powerful and its power is available to anyone... EEK! she shrieks, stepping away as Jax slaps her on the rump.

[sblock=Jax]
Slipping his hand into the women's pocket, he pulls out a small gold ring with a wolf's head on the front. (worth 100 gold).
[/sblock]
I'm not that kind of women! she shouts, her voice a little shaken. Viability she calms herself.

If you are interested, meet me in the Old Kartakan Inn in the nearby town of Skald in two days time. I have some last minute references to double check and it will be safer for us to talk there. Also, my uncle who used to be an adventurer is getting ready some supplies in the meantime. As a gesture of good faith, she says, taking a small bag of coins out and handing it to Andras.

While you have been talking, a low fog has been creeping into the alley. Its damp touch penetrates even the mightiest armor and sends a shiver through your bodies. Looking about almost nervously, Akriel smiles and says The mists are growing thick and I had best be off the streets. I bid you farewell and look forward to our meeting in Skald. With that she turns and leaves, vanishing into the fog.

GM: Everyone receives 100 gold pieces from the bag of coins (each).

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
There's some commotion off in an alley as Sir Exsixten startles a cat and proceeds to murder some crates or some-such, shouting something about SYMMETRICAL WOOD GOLEM AMBUSH or the like.

OOC: He'll catch up and "lead" once the group figures out where to go next. :)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire shrugs as the woman disappears into the mists. "I s'pose we don't got nothin' better t'do. Let's see if Brenn found anyone alive in that there asylum."

Remove ads