Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
Despite being rejected by Akriel, Jax is smiling happily.

Dorn said:
"What was that all about?" he whispers to the kobold.

Jax doesn't answer at first, and Dorn can notice the kobold focusing intently on a gold ring in the palm of his hand. After a few moments, Jax notices Dorn's attention and he hides the ring away in a pocket.

"Nothing!" He barks in surprise. "Just, uh, checking out her goods."

OOC: My precious.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the others finished their negotiations with the woman, Brenn ventured out of the alley, working his way back around the building they had recently escaped from. He moved carefully, headed for the door where they had first entered the structure.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Jax]
Actually if you wanted it to be your level 9 magic item, I suppose the ring could be a magic ring of level 13 or under if you know of any you like.

Just run it by me before you add it to your character sheet, just in case it looks too powerful ;)
[/sblock]
The party re-enters the prison by the way they first entered. The room is in a better state than you first saw it as most of the mess and clutter from the guards hasty exit has been cleaned up.

As you enter you see the old man you met earlier sitting at a table by the fire and drinking something out of a mug. Every so often he glances at the door leading to the cells. He looks worried.

You! he shouts, spotting the party and backing into a corner and pulling out his sword. How did you get out!?

Stay away from me, one of you probably has the werewolf's curse on you!
I don't want to get bit and turn into a wolf myself! he says, his voice shaking like his sword hand.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten strides to the front of the group and points his axe at the man.

IF YOU BARE STEEL AT OUR HERO READY YOURSELF FOR SWIFT JUSTICE. I'D BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT DEATHCANTHROPY IF I WERE YOU - SUDDENLY TURNING INTO A CORPSE IS FAR MORE SEVERE THAN TURNING INTO A WOLF. AND EASIER TO CLEAN UP SINCE THERE'S LESS BLOODY FUR GETTING ALL OVER EVERYTHING.

OOC: That would be hilarious if Sir Exsixten caught lycanthropy. Would that make him a Wereforged? :p

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Wereforged, hehehe.

Thanks Luinnar, but Jax is happy just to have a nonmagical gold ring. Something he can toss onto his treasure hoard and sleep on top of.[/sblock]
Jax nods decisively at Sir Exsixten's threat.

"Yeah! And we weren't bit anyway. So we can't be wolves." Jax pauses and suddenly looks around nervously. "Unless it's airborne..." He covers his snout with his hands as if that would work as an air filter. His knees start shaking as he cowers.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"Ye meant t'trap us in there? Throw us to th'wolves fer real? I think ye best be explainin' yerself, and right quick," Quagmire growls, tusks showing. He doesn't seem to notice the sword in the man's shaking hand.

Luinnar

First Post
Wh-wh-what was I suppose to do? the old man says, shaking even harder than Jax.Th-th-there was a werewolf on the loose and h-he k-killed one of the guards already. I could not let it get loose in the c-city and I c-could not risk you l-lot catching the curse yourself and t-then going out in-into the city start attacking people on-once the moon was full. H-how was I s-suppose to know that you would not get bit!?

I-I-I was going to let you out as s-soon an my backup arrived and I-I found a cl-cleric who c-could detect the curse. I swear! Pl-pl-please don't hurt me! Wh-what would you've done in my situation?! he cries, shaking even harder.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I WOULD HAVE SLAUGHTERED THE WEREWOLF - WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I DID. DON'T WORRY, SIR EXSIXTEN DOESN'T NOT KILL THINGS THAT ARE UNARMED, UNLESS THEY ARE HOSTILE JELLIES, OOZES, TREANTS, UNICORNS, ANIMATE BOOKSHELVES, UNDEAD TURKEYS, CATAPAULTS, OR WINDMILLS.

Sir Exsixten lowers his axe and looks around. RED CHAMPION NEEDS ENEMIES BADLY!

Remove ads