Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
Although Jax is a quick little kobold, the distance to Cur Exsixten just seems insurmountable. So rather than close in for another attack, Jax decides to call on the power of his new armor. A strong gust of wind suddenly blows past Quagmire and almost knocks him down. When he recovers, he can't help but notice that the kobold to his left has vanished without a trace.

Cur Exsixten then hears Jax whispering, though he can't make out where the voice is coming from. "You're not awesome at all. Werewolves aren't awesome!" In fact werewolves are awesome, as Cur Exsixten knows very well.

[sblock=Jax actions / stats]Standard: Feytouched armor power, activate! Jax becomes invisible TENT.

[sblock=Move: Don't look, Iron Sky!]Move: Jax walks to H18 and makes a stealth check of 26, which is enough to beat Cur Exsixten's passive perception. I added the -5 penalty for talking for the Bluff check below.[/sblock]
Minor: Bluff check to de-werewolf Cur Exsixten fails with a 17.

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 11 Rogue / Daggermaster
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 21
AC:26, Fort:21, Reflex:26, Will:18, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:79/79, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:19, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +13
Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions
Invisible TENT

Powers
MBA: +18 vs AC, 1d4+12; or with CA, +21 vs AC, 1d4+14 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +19 vs AC, 1d4+11; or with CA, +22 vs AC, 1d4+13 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Feytouched, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Press the Advantage, Raven Cloak

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range, on crit, make MBA with offhand (+16 vs AC, 1d4+10)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
(Dorn is actually at G16 after last turn FYI - unlikely to matter right now)

Dorn continues his arcane assault on the were-forged, burning him with a ball of sticky acid (Acid Orb hits for 26 acid damage).

"Woe, woe is us! We're no match for this horrible beast! Help us, Exsixten! You're our only hope!" Given how the battle is going, Dorn sounds less than convincing (Bluff fails)

OOC:
Hey, the longer we can fight at stand-off range, the better. (Shocking to hear coming from a ranged striker, I'm sure...)

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demonskin Adept 11

Immediate Reactions: use Narrow Escape to take 1/2 damage and teleport away
Current Effects: resist 10 thunder, ignore 10 thunder resistance,
+1 AC from even roll TENT

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 21, Reflex 21, Will 24 (base defenses)
HP +5TMP 83/83 Bloodied 41 Surge Value 20, Surges 7/7
Speed 7, Initiative +13
Action Points: 1

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: thunder
Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20

Encounter Resources
USED Demon-Soul Bolts
Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
USED Furious Assault
Variable Resistance
Narrow Escape
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Winds of Change
Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Gambit Armor Power
Luckblade Dagger
Diamond Cincture

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
After firing another "warning shot," Andras snaps his fingers in recognition. "Right! Lords of Awesome! Listen Sir Knight, your behavior is hardly appropriate. All this sneaking around, pretending to be one thing when you're actually another, trying to murder your friends rather than rescuing damsels. This is not chivalrous. This is not how a knight acts. You don't just dishonor yourself; you dishonor your Lords. I am embarrassed to be associated with you." Andras pauses, then clarifies, "More so than usual."

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Relentless Wounding vs Cur Exsixten. No.
Minor: History check. 31! Oh man, it feels good to not fail at everything always.

Question: do successes on the skill check immediately drop Exsixten's defense? Should I be checking before attacking?[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 9
Initiative: +13 | Passive perception: 19 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 25 | For: 23 | Ref: 20 | Will: 17
HP: 34/66 | Bloodied: 33 | Surge value: 16 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 5 Fire
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
Insightful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Takedown Strike
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (1/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:
+2 to damage rolls

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Seeing Jax go in, Quagmire mutters to himself, "Hoo boy, here we go." He advances cautiously, still on the defensive, while calling out. "Better snap out of it soon, mate. If ye can't pull yerself t'gether, we'll have t'pound some sense into ye. Percussive maintenance, yo." His defensive stance belies his words, though, undermining the threat.

[sblock=actions]Move: I21
Minor: intimidate 21 fails.
Standard: total defense[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
WEREFORGED WOLFWERES ARE THE AWESOMEST. NOTHING HAS MORE AWESOMENOSITY. YOUR SIR EXSIXTEN CANNOT HELP YOU NOW - HE HAS GONE TO A PLACE IN THE SUB SUB-CONCIOUS, ID DON'T KNOW WHERE EGOS FROM THERE, BUT HE'LL NEVER BE BACK! YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR THE PENULTIMATE PUNISHCUR!

THIS THING LIES, CITIZENS! YOU CAN'T BELIEVE A WORD IT WOOFS. TRY THROWING A DAMSEL BEFORE US AND HOPEFULLY THIS RUSTY FLEEBAG WON'T EAT HER!

IT SURE WOULD. HE'LL NEVER PULL OUT OF THIS ONE. DO A BARREL ROLL! QUIET YOU!

PEASANTS, YOU SHOULD SERVE THE CUR - WHY WERE YOU EVER ASSOCIATING YOURSELF WITH THIS OBNOXIOUS, PRETENTIOUS, DELUSIONAL QUIXOTIC CLAPTRAP IN THE FIRST PLACE?

With that, Cur Exsixten barks and the axe comes flying out and clocks Quagmire in the chest before coming reeling back in on its chain.

OOC: Short Turn Summary: Quagmire takes 12 damage and is marked.
Cur Exsixten is at 355/500hp in L23. Status Effects: slowed, +1 AC/saves, 2d12+3 and slowed to PC starting adjacent

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn: Regen 10 to 365/500hp. Take -3 to defenses from mini-skill challenge.
Move: Stand.
Standard: RBA(Range 6/12), 1d20+19=[URL="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3257587/"]30[/URL] vs Quagmire's 29 AC, hit, 2d12+7=12 damage and marked TenT.
Minor: -

Immediate Interrupt: Combat Challenge: If a creature marked by Cur Exsixten shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him, he makes an MBA against them (+20 vs AC, 2d12+10 damage and gain 5 THP).

Status Effects: slowed, +1 AC and saves, PCs starting adjacent take 2d12+3 damage and are slowed while he can make OAs

[sblock=Cur Exsixten's Statblock... Luinnar's eyes only][sblock=Seriously, his eyes only(well, and mine)]Cur Exsixten, Male Wereforged Solo Soldier 15
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 32(33), Fort:29, Reflex:25, Will:25 -- Speed:7
HP:355/500, Bloodied:250, Surge Value:62, Surges left:12/14, Regen 10
Initiative +10, Action Points: 1, Saves: +5(6)

Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Guardian's Counter, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Rain of Steel, Victorious Surge, Boundless Endurance, Unyielding Avalanche, Boulder Charge
Hybrid Powers: Revitalizing Pounce, Bloody Path, Thunderfury Rage
Items: Delver's Light, Potion of Healing x 1, Potion of Resistance x 1, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Restful Bedroll, Dwarven Armor

MBA
: +20(+22 OA) vs. AC, 2d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped(OA) and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
RBA: 6/12, +19 vs AC, 2d12+7 damage.

Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends). *Gain 5 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls. *+2 damage with THP. *+2 damage vs bloodied enemies.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
GM: [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION] Was Andras going to use a shift ability this round? You mentioned it before (I don't want to update until I am sure everyone is ready) :)

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: If I understood correctly, the plan is for Q and Jax to move in on our turns and burst, then have Andras shift us away afterwards on his turn, so that we don't start our following turns adjacent to CurX. That about right, guys?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC:
OOC: If I understood correctly, the plan is for Q and Jax to move in on our turns and burst, then have Andras shift us away afterwards on his turn, so that we don't start our following turns adjacent to CurX. That about right, guys?

Exactly. Unfortunately, since Quagmire is marked, he can't shift away without being punished. Hmm, is Cur marking on misses, like a normal fighter would? If not, I'll use Insightful Warning to make that attack miss.

Remove ads