[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

CaBaNa

First Post
...mMMLECK! spews Gil, brain sizzling above the oil fire. Instantly a flask is open and the contents are drained, water swishes, and then is spit out by the young man. Oh, I'm going to regret that later. laments the wizard, Gil holds his stomach as if it would fall out if he didn't. He bends over, attempting to wretch, and failing horribly. Shouldn't have cooked it in the oil fire, shouldn't have eaten so much in one bite, should have boil ed it... yeah... boil... and that is when Gil finally threw up.

aaaaawe. whines Gil, as he begins to rock back and forth, I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I do... and again. The wizard does his best to keep up with the group, but continues feeling the ill effects of eating Mad Umber Hulk brain. Fidgeting with his orb to take his mind off the sickness, Gil sticks to the middle of the group, and stays relatively silent.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
raceportshardmind.png

You're weird

It's unknown if Shale it talking to Gil or to the fleshy kind in general.

"Anyway, Artemis, I admit magic has few hard rules, but I don't think looking for the maze's center would be such a good idea. Are you certain you're right?

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 3/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 1, Power points: 4/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
“I’ve heard of a hunger for power and of a thirst for knowledge, but that took the biscuit and dunked it in something unmentionable. I thought you were going to sell it!”

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis stands still a minute, one hand over his mouth, the other arm extended with his index finger up, trying to indicate 'give me a moment'.

When he is pretty sure he isn't going to vomit, "Shale, I think you are being a little too literal. We don't need to find the exact center of the maze. The dark one, he is exerting an awful lot of energy to try and keep us here. That has to exude a lot of power. All we have to do is find those eminations and follow them. Like a boat going down river. When we find it, we kill it."

CaBaNa

First Post
raceportshardmind.png

You're weird

It's unknown if Shale it talking to Gil or to the fleshy kind in general.

"Anyway, Artemis, I admit magic has few hard rules, but I don't think looking for the maze's center would be such a good idea. Are you certain you're right?

You suggested it. Who knows, it could have given me powers beyond reckoning... or just made me very sick. How do you function anyway? No food intake, no waste, immortal... You're the weird one. complains Gil.

Someone

Adventurer
You suggested it.

"No I didn't. I've seen your kind eating each other before, it was a fair supposition to think you were hungry. I suppose now the word 'omnivore' is a gross exaggeration"

How do you function anyway? No food intake, no waste, immortal... You're the weird one.

"I actually know little about me or those like me, it's one of the reasons I travel. But you contradict yourself: you described simplicity. It's kind of the opposite of weirdness."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
"I actually know little about me or those like me, it's one of the reasons I travel. But you contradict yourself: you described simplicity. It's kind of the opposite of weirdness."

A good point! Wish I could give XP for it...

I'm enjoying the banter, so not rushing anyone, I just want to point out that if you're "killing time" waiting for me to move the story along - I'm actually waiting for you guys to make a clear "we go that way" post deciding which tunnel to follow (or whatever else you want to do).
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: My vote would be to continue the way we were going before the umber hulk attack; Shale isn't that altruistic and is Artemis wants to confront whatever evil is controlling the mines there's a good chance it'll attack before we manage to leave. However Artemis' suggestions have some merit, so I won't oppose if most agree to go that route.

CaBaNa

First Post
Simple is Gil exaggerates the "is" as if that were the hinging point of the entire argument, weird! At least for anything with sentience. the wizard regrets the excitement, doubling over and holding onto his stomach in pain again.

Gil doesn't have a direction preference.

Remove ads