[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Nature]
Whether cloudspores are truly dangerous is debated among scholars. Nobody has reported any immediate ill effects, but miners sometimes come down with a condition called "blight lung", in which filaments of fungus grow in the lungs, making breathing difficult. Some attribute it to repeated breathing of cloudspore; others believe that cloudspores are too rare to account for it. Regardless, blight lung only ever develops after years underground, so a few exposures is probably safe.
[/sblock]

The only exits from the room are the tunnel you entered by, a set of stairs leading down to the water's edge, and a set leading up to to another tunnel. The river looks fast enough that it would be dangerous to try to navigate.

The tiny humanoids are wearing only coveralls and carrying picks and a handful of darts. However, in the tumbled stone beneath the ledge, where one of the tommyknockers was hacking at the cliff with its pick, you see the glint of silver. Digging through the rock you discover a handful of silver nuggets worth 200 silver pieces.

On the wall near the far exit stairs is a forth bracket, identical to those that hold the glowing balls that serve as lamps. This one, however, holds a clear ball of cut crystal.

[sblock=Orb]
Some experimentation will reveal that this is an Orb of Far Seeing +1.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
After the group finishes its search of the cave, (and five minutes rest) Artemis is ready to go. "Alright everyone, let's get going. We've got a demon to kill."

OOC: Unless Someone wants to volunteer a HS for Gil (via his restorative elixir), I'm ready to go. Artemis will have full HP and 1/7 surges.

CaBaNa

First Post
Continuing to sit near the spot where Karma was taken, Gil holds his arm, rocking back and forth. Sounds great, says the wizard in a defeated and dry tone, I've never met with a demon outside a summoning circle, unchained, on it's own territory... The sardonic smile never leaves Gil's lips, a mixture of excitement and dread coursing thru the wizard I'm sure it will be... enlightening.

Gil rises, and follows along with the group.

OOC: Several of us able to use the orb, who wants it?

FourMonos

First Post
"Now THAT'S the spirit, Gil!" Artemis grins.

Either the sarcasm was lost on Artemis or he is starting to get a little funny in the head...

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli, on her hands and knees, spends some time gathering some of the spores into a fragment of cloth.

She looks up however, when the torch-light refracting through the crystal catches her eye, "That's a pretty thing, Gil. Looks kind of precious to me."

Neil1889

First Post
After the group finishes its search of the cave, (and five minutes rest) Artemis is ready to go. "Alright everyone, let's get going. We've got a demon to kill."

"Hold your Dire Badgers, Artemis. Sit down a second and open up your funnel. I've no sugar to help the medicine go down, though."

OOC: Lilli spends a surge to booster Artemis' health.

[sblock=mini-stats]Lilli.
Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC:15, Fort: 11, Reflex: 15, Will: 15.
HP: 21/22, Bloodied: 11, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 1/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestigitation
Mage Hand
Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows
Fade Away
Second Wind
Horrid Whispers
Conditions: [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: So Lilli volunteers the surge for Gil's admixture, and Artemis has 1 more surge than listed above.

Gil examines the object with Lilli, Would you be able to use it? Looks like a focus to me.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Orb]
Here are the stats of the orb, in case you don't have Adventurer's Vault:

Orb of Far Seeing +1 Level 3 Uncommon
You capture the image of your enemy in this translucent sphere, leaving him no place to hide.
Item Slot: Off-hand
Critical: +1d6 damage
Enhancement: +1 attack rolls and damage rolls
Power (Encounter): Minor Action. Choose a target within 10 squares of you. Until the end of the encounter, this target is considered half as far away for the purpose of ranged attacks made with this orb.
Power (Daily): Free Action. Use this power when you make a ranged attack with this implement on the target affected by the orb's encounter power. The attack does not require line of sight or line of effect and takes no penalty from concealment or cover.
[/sblock]

Remove ads