[Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Tenchuu

First Post
Halleck Follows Rocco. "Let's make an end to this, Master Dwarf, and give the singers another song."

OOC: Use one HS to get back to 69 HP.
I also had an unused majestic word from the last encounter that could be used by someone.

[sblock=Note to other Players: Bravura]
Halleck has the Bravura Presence:
When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Melee characters might also want to save their AP until I hit with Withering Courage, so they can double dip on the +5 damage bonus.
[/sblock][sblock=Note to other Players: If you miss on something REALLY important]
Halleck has daily power Unintended Feint:
If you miss an attack, and you are within five squares of Halleck, you can use my daily power to reroll the attack with CA.

But, since it's a daily, please use wisely. Also, please throw up a big OOC message so I don't miss the fact that you used it.
[/sblock][sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
[sblock=Action Block]

Damage:
the shield gives me resist all 2

Move: to (+1 to AC / Ref)

Minor:

Standard:

[sblock=ignore]
Standard:
Brash Assault

• Target: B2
  • Attack: 1d20+15=23 Miss
  • Damage: 1d8+8=0
  • Effect: Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+5) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.

• Skalisss MBA: 1d20+20=30 hits for 1d8+12=19
REMOVE WITH NEXT BRASH ASSAULT[/sblock]
[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Warlord/Bard 10
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 19

Defenses:

AC: 28*, Fort: 22, Reflex: 19, Will: 24 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 69/70, THP: 0/14 Bloodied: 35, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 7/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +15 vs AC - Harmonic Spellblade Longsword 1d8+8 (+2 shield)
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Properties:
On Shift: +1 to AC/REF
On Second Wind: If bloodied, you can spend 2 healing surges
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage
Superior Will Feat: If dazed or stunned, you make a saving throw at the start of your turn to end the effect, even if it does not normally end with a saving through (IE, TENT)
Orb Shield Powers:
+2 to damage
+2 resist all
+2 to all saving throws
+1 to AC

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery, Cloak of the Walking Wounded Second Wind, Boot of the Fencing Master shift,
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Diabolic Stratagem, Withering Courage, Divine Challenge, Battlefront Shift, Boots of the Fencing Master Enc, Benefactor Armor Enc, Recoil Shield Knockdown Immediate Reaction
Daily: Stirring Shout, Stand the Fallen, Heroic Effort, Song of Discord, Canon of Avoidance, Unintended Feint, Harmonic Spellblade Boon, Benefactor Armor Daily,

Weapons:
Harmonic Spellblade Longsword +1

Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +5, Athletics +12, Bluff +11, Diplomacy +19, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +11, Heal +11, History +5, Insight +9, Intimidate +15, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +5, Stealth +4, Streetwise +11, Thievery +4

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck's Log][sblock=Mark of Trogdor]
1. Thorkelson, a bald, tattooed man, entered the hangman's tavern and recruits Halleck and Vimak for a job. Thorkelson, needed some protection at the docks, but apparently had some sinister other motive, since he used drinks from the bar to drug Halleck and Vimak.

2. Wake up in the middle of a fight, being helped by strangers. Give the bandits a beating,

3. Get approached by the bandit leaders, who have two girls that look exactly like that one we want. The real girl is revealed, and natural, a fight breaks out. After we smash the goons, their leader, Hank the Tank comes out. And, eventually, Hank gets killed.

4. Get the real mission: deliver Lerrick to brother Buchta, so he can remove the mark of Trogdor from her forehead. The mark is in indicator to all that Lerrick has been chosen to be sacrificed to the dragon Bosch. Your quest as of now is to provide safe passage for Lerrick to brother Buchta so that he can perform the ritual. This includes taking her to the portal, traveling thought it, and then taking her from the portal to brother Buchta's place of residence.

5. Delivered Lerrick, performed the ritual, saved the day. However, discovered an evil dragon named Bosch who wears a necklace which makes him a juggernaut. Halleck carries a shield which should counter this effect. Adventurers now must stop the dragon.
[/sblock][sblock=Trogdor 1.5]1. Wait at Tavern.
2. Fight in tavern vs statues.
3. Kick Statue butt.
[/sblock]1. Wait at Tavern.
2. Get attacked by some shadow things, at tavern.
3. Get on the road
4. Run in to some people enslaved by demons. Agree to rescue them / free them from masters
5. Encounter Beholders (really hard!)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: Last night I created a lengthy post, but lost it all. arrrrrggghhh.

As the dwarf moves forward down the passageway with other members of his party following behind him, he notices throughout the entire corridor that there are bits and pieces of humanoid skeletal remains and other remains with flesh still attached. The stench from the rotting remains is almost unbearable. As the group moves around a corner the see a large room at least 30 feet tall. Within the room is a square opening to a pit. The side lengths of the square is about 30 feet. When looking into the pit, the heros notice that it is quite deep, as far as the eye can see. Jumping into this pit would be certain death. The pit itself lights the room as flickers of red flame blast upward every few seconds. The blasts themselves create intense heat. There is a 20 ft ledge that surrounds the perimeter of the pit. Partial humanoid remains are scattered about on the ledge as well, include a the upper torso of what used to be Sarayah. The head and one arm still remain, with the hand still clutching what appears to be a small branch. The branch itself emits a light green color. Nementah feels the presence of ancient and powerful magic, and can't resist being drawn to it.

[sblock=perception check 20]
What appeared to be a black speck towards the bottom of the pit seems to be getting bigger between flashes of firery flame.
[/sblock]

On the other side of this room is a metal door, bolted shut. Although the floor and first 20 feet of the walls are made of finely crafted and polished stone, the ceiling and upper walls are made of the same rocky surface as the two previous rooms.

ooc: Please place yourself anywhere on the map and feel to use your skills to help you discover more infomation about your surroundings. map

[sblock=dimsdale]
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], will we have extended rest after this? I mean, we went toward the graveyard and I feel pressed for resources. If we spend daily or two here, we won't have them (possibl<) in grand finale against Bosch...
[/sblock]

Nementah motions everybody closer
"If we stay close together, we can call on spirits of stone to protect us. I'll just get the branch first, before that darkness comes out and consumes it."

Nementah takes a quick look over the room and runs from cover taking the branch in hand. Primera moves at the same time, blocking most of the pit entrance.

OOC: J6, Primera to L9

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: There will be time for an extended rest soon. :)

As Nementah moves closer to the remains of Sarayah the branch with in her grasp begins to radiate with more intensity. When grabbing the branch Nementah is blasted with a surge of energy.

[sblock=Nementah]
You feel your mind being probed by a powerful unknown force. After a moment it speaks in a deep booming voice: Yes...you are strong and a protector of nature. I am voice of Relkath. Although my material body no longer exists in this world, my spirit, though weak, still lives on, and will continue to do so until I find a suitable replacement to rule my realm. Time is short however as there are those who do not respect nature who wish to take my realm and exploit it. I need your help young wildken. There are many foes of great power who joined forces to defeated me, one of which came from this portal. You must find a way to destroy it. In do so, my spirit will grow stronger and the one who entered from here will grow weaker.

Go now Nementah, respecter and protector of the forest. Destroy this portal.

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Quan moves fleetly to the far side of the cavern near the door.

[sblock=actions]
Double move to the other side of the pit.
Minor: Aspect of the Lurking Spider.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"There is something down there, pulsing and growing. I'd say it doesn't much care about traitor druids. Let's see what we can find out behind this door."

Rocco moves toward the door (N8).

WEAPON USERS: wait for Rocco when we encounter big bad...I'll try to get Bone Crusher on it which grants vulnerability 10 to weapon attacks.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 9

Vimak isn't the scouting type. He cannot do much more than stand ready and wait for the things to happen.

[sblock=ooc]
stay on position on the map.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 16 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 21 Reflex 19 Will 21
Initiative: +6
Hit Points: 70 / 70 Bloodied: 35
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge:17 Surges per day: 9 / 11
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Walk it Off, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Word of Befuddlement
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Rune of Shielding, Dread Halberd

Condition:

[sblock=Non active]
WoD (Destruction)
W3 gains vulnerability all 2 (but 5 vs OAs) until next round

RUNESTATE: DESTRUCTION
- allies gain +1 to attacks vs enemies adjacent to Vimak (B1)

Battle Wrath
Vimak deals 4 extra damage to enemies who hit him in the previous round.

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2

[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads