[Adventure]Curious & Curiouser (Judge: Stonegod)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Quan looks at the creature, trying to figure out it's nature. That's not something you see every day, but perhaps since it is not of our world it doesn't eat things like us?

FourMonos

First Post
Braddock steps forward confidently.

"We be different, tha' be true. But we can work together. Ye surely be knowin' of the dragons of Icetop Mountains."

He looks back at his companions, "Tha' be in Northern Karrnath now."

Then turning again to address the drake, "Bout 2000 years ago, the dragons who inhabited the caverns of the Icetop Mountains were being burned out by goblins. It was the dwarves of the Mror Holds which stopped them."

[sblock=history 27] 1d20+11 → [16,11] = (27)
Roll Lookup [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka growled softly as she surveyed the situation. Never one to speak up quickly, she began to pace along the edge of the clearing as she looked for any helpful clues.

[sblock= OOC]
>Moving slowly to the edge of the clearing, then 'south' along the perimeter. (F 16 or so)
>Perception check (secondary), 1d20+20= 22 (success, +2 to next primary skill check); roll Roll Lookup

>May be stuck with Aid Another checks here- will be tough to hit any of the primary skill DCs, even with the boost from secondary.
[/sblock]

Orsik whispers to the group trying not to be heard by the beast
"It was thrown back by the comment about the dragons, maybe now it's time to try a stick."

Insight Aid Another (1d20+12=32) - what a way to waste a 20 :(

OOC: I believe we have +4 from Rikka and Orsik, if you feel confident you can beat DC 25, go ahead

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: My chances of succeeding are extremely low, even aiding another... That's why I haven't posted yet.

Muzdum tries to get around the creature's logic. "Oi I think ye right." the dwarf whispers back

jsb420

First Post
Smoking Room - Round 2
[sblock=Previous Rounds][sblock=Entry Room]Round A
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Smoking Room]Round 1
[/sblock][/sblock]
Quan looks at the creature, trying to figure out its nature. That's not something you see every day, but perhaps since it is not of our world it doesn't eat things like us? (Nature Check 26 - +2 to next primary Skill check)

Braddock steps forward confidently. "We be different, tha' be true. But we can work together. Ye surely be knowin' of the dragons of Icetop Mountains." He looks back at his companions, "Tha' be in Northern Karrnath now." Then turning again to address the drake, "Bout 2000 years ago, the dragons who inhabited the caverns of the Icetop Mountains were being burned out by goblins. It was the dwarves of the Mror Holds which stopped them." (History Check 27 - SUCCESS)

Rikka growled softly as she surveyed the situation. Never one to speak up quickly, she began to pace along the edge of the clearing as she looked for any helpful clues. (Perception Check 22 - +2 to next primary Skill check)

Orsik whispers to the group trying not to be heard by the beast. "It was thrown back by the comment about the dragons, maybe now it's time to try a stick." (Insight Check 32 - +2 to next primary Skill check)

Muzdum tries to get around the creature's logic. "Oi I think ye right." the dwarf whispers back. (Insight 21 - +2 to next primary Skill check)
GM: [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]: Both Muzdum and Orsik’s warrior instincts begin to take effect. They are starting to realize that no matter what they say to Verhig, he won’t be satisfied.

Verhig takes another puff from the hookah and then shifts and slithers his body as he deftly descends the giant mushroom, gracefully for even one so large. He positions himself before the party, addressing Braddock first, then the others. ”Dragons of your world hold no interest for me. Otherwise, I hear no worthwhile answers forthcoming. Has my mere presence rendered you speechless? How so unlike brave adventurers. Is this a current trend for on the material plane?”
[sblock=Skill Challenge] *GOAL: You are trying to convince Verhig as to why he shouldn’t eat you.

*Complexity: 3 (8 successes before 3 failures)
Failures: 0

*DC: All DCs are listed below. All DCs for skills not listed are considered hard (DC 25).

*Skills: You can use a skill not listed below, only if you can explain it reasonably. Any explanation I feel doesn’t correspond with the given skill, I will impose a -2 penalty to it.

* Rules: The same rules apply for skill challenges as apply for encounters (48-hour rule, etc).

*Repeating the Same Skills: Any character repeating the same skill check in two successive rounds will impose a -2 cumulative penalty to the triggering roll (i.e. -2 for second check, -4 for third check, etc.)

*Critical Success: A natural 20 counts as 2 successes OR 1 success and remove 1 failure.

*Critical Failure: A Natural 1 automatically counts as 1 Failure, regardless of any modifiers.

*Aid Another: You can roll to aid another PC. Using the compendium rules, a roll of 10+1/2 the rolling PC’s level or higher grants a +2 to that player’s skill check, while a failure grants a -1 penalty to that player’s skill check. A successful aid another roll does not count towards the total number of successes.
[sblock=*Primary Skills][sblock=Bluff (DC 25)]You try to use beguiling words in order to convince the Behir to spare you and your allies. A success counts towards the Skill Challenge.[/sblock]
[sblock=Diplomacy (DC 19)]Choosing courtly manners and kind words, you try to convince the creature of your loyalty and integrity. A success counts towards the Skill Challenge.[/sblock]
[sblock=History (DC 19)]You search your memory of any texts you’ve read in order to help your current situation. A success counts towards the Skill Challenge.[/sblock]
[sblock=Intimidate (DC 25)]You quietly proclaim swift vengeance against any who threaten you or your allies. A success counts towards the Skill Challenge. Failure imposes a -5 penalty to the next skill roll the failing PC makes.
*NOTE: This skill can only be used once during this skill challenge by ANY PC.[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=*Secondary Skills][sblock=Arcana (DC 25)]You weave magic into your words, enhancing them, hoping to gain advantage over Verhig. A success does not count towards the Skill Challenge. Instead you gain a +2 bonus to the next primary skill check.[/sblock]
[sblock=Insight (DC 19)]You try to read into the behir’s words and body language, hoping that any foreknowledge can could prevent it from attacking. A success does not count towards the Skill Challenge. Instead you gain a +2 bonus to the next primary skill check.[/sblock]
[sblock=Nature (DC 25)]You are attuned to nature, but this creature is unlike anything in your experience. You draw upon your knowledge of the world and the creatures that reside on it in order to try to gain some advantage you can use to convince Verhig not to devour you.[/sblock]
[sblock=Perception (DC 19)]Wary of an attack, you look for any clues as to the actions of Verhig. A success does not count towards the Skill Challenge. Instead you gain a +2 bonus to the next primary skill check.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Mushroom Forest]Map #3 Mushroom Forest:

Illumination: Bright (magical light)
Dotted Yellow Line: Outline of doorway (reference only)
[FONT=&quot]Mushrooms: each tree depicted on map are actually tall mushrooms; considered blocking terrain and can provide cover; 5 to 25-feet tall; Athletics check (DC 19) to climb.[/FONT][/sblock][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] [sblock=Stats]Braddock (N13): 45/57 hp; HS 11/11; AP 1+1; Dwarven Resilience; Status:
Quan (L12): 37 /42 hp; HS 6/7; AP 1+1; Second Wind; Elven Accuracy; Status:
Orsik (J12): 48/53 hp; HS 10/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Stone’s Endurance; Rune of Mending [1], [2]; Status:
Muzdum (O11): 44/62; HS 12/12; AP 1; Dwarven Resilience; Status:
Rikka (F16): 55/60 hp; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Elven Accuracy; Status:[/sblock]
GM: Braddock: 1 SUCCESS
Quan: +2 to next primary skill check
Orsik: +2 to next primary skill check
Rikka: +2 to next primary skill check
Muzdum: +2 to next primary skill check

"We're in the strange land, asked about things by a creature not of our world. Would you be forthcoming, Verhig?

But don't make a mistake of underestimating us, we just passed through the grove guardians unscatched.

Attack at your own peril!"

He tries to adjust his attitude as he speaks by judging behirs response, but is too caught up in his little speach to effectively do it.Insight aid another (1d20+12-2=17)

IF ALLOWED:Orsik moves forward (K16) and plants his standard (L15) holding it like a conqueror, challenge clear.
OOC: this requires full round of actions (move, minor to retrieve the banner and standard to plant, so not sure if this counts)

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], you have +9 intimidate and +8 bonus (and I'll add +2 now)...do something terrible with that crazy vestige you've got :devil:

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Watch where ye put yer claws there big fella. Even if that story of our world doesn't convince ye, maybe the story of how The Firebelly clan, my clan, purged a dragon infested mountain of yer kin to stablish their mines might suit yer fancy. I have a couple of dragontooth back home, decorating the fireplace. I recall when we pee on their remains. Good times." the dwarf says, recalling a particular event in his clan story.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Braddock swings his craghammer in a slow, lazy circle. Purple eldritch energy is left in the wake of the hammers head.

"Not of our world, eh? Ye be thinkin' tha because you don't nest on our plane, ye be so much more enlightened?"

He holds the craghammer before him. In a sudden burst of purple hued imagery, a story unfolds. Demonic visages rip through the fabric of time and lay waste to a goblin kingdom. Different images flash of demons fighting elves, dwarves and man. Giants, dark skinned elves and snake beings rage against the onslaught. Then a glimmer of light sparks on the plane of anarchy. A single man joined with a spirit of pure good starts to absorb the demons' energy. Absorbing more and more, the man strains against the dark. But across the lands, the humanoids struggle against the demons shifts and they humanoids start to push back, to battle the demons and push them from the realm. Great portals are created which close the demons entry to the world. A single image of a man, driven insane by his battle against the dark energy of the world, laughing madly by himself.

"Worse things than you have happened. And we- elves, dwarves giants and man- have faced them down. Don't underestimate us, it will be your undoing!"

[sblock=intimidate 27] I'll use those assist rolls: 1d20+9+8 → [10,9,8] = (27) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Remove ads