• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure!] Daunton's Dead Rises Again DM: Dimsdale.

Neil1889

First Post
The Minotaur is surprised to be where he is and even more surprised to see several beings present that are taller than his 7' 3" !

Still the nearest one, a giant of some sort with an impressive hammer, looks to be in the same situation that he is. Labraundos hopes that the giant is good at taking hints.

Labraundos takes a very deep breath and his chest swells, making the armoured Minotaur look to be even bigger.

Walking over to the nearest skeleton, Labraundos dismisses it with a swing of his Execution Axe, the bones being flung in all directions.

Then, the Minotaur brings his head down and charges at the massive animated corpse with a rumbling "Raaaaargh!"; the impact from his horns lifts the undead in to the air and it falls at Labraundos' hooves in a vulnerable heap.

[sblock=Actions]Minor Action = Use Virtue Power - Gains 9 THP's for the cost of a Healing Surge:

Virtue (Encounter Minor Personal ✦ Divine) Paladin Utility 2
Effect: You spend a Healing Surge but regain no Hit Points. You instead regain Temporary Hit Points equal to your surge value.

Move Action: Move from A8 to A5.

Standard Action: Attack S2 Skeleton - To Hit = [1d20+8] = 18+8 = 26, Potential Damage = [1d12r2+5] = 6+5 = 11

Ardent Strike (At-Will Standard Melee Weapon ✦ Divine, Weapon)
Attack: +8 vs. AC (Rending Execution Axe +1)
Hit: 1d12+5 damage and the target is subject to your Divine Sanction until the end of your next turn.
Special: When charging, you can use this power in the place of a Melee Basic Attack.

Divine Sanction
Some Paladin Powers and Feats subject a target to your Divine Sanction. Being subject to it means that the target is marked by you for a duration specified in the description of the Power or Feat. Unless otherwise noted, the mark ends before the specified duration if someone else marks the target.
Until the mark ends, the target takes 3 points of Radiant Damage the first time in each round that it makes an attack that doesn't include you as a target.
Divine Sanction is meant to complement Divine Challenge. You can use Divine Challenge to mark one creature and Divine Sanction to mark others. Divine Sanction has fewer restrictions than Divine Challenge so that you can easily use the two in concert.

Hits and destroys S2.

ACTION POINT!

Standard Action = Charge A5 to C5, with extra charge bonus to Attack the Z1 Zombie with Goring Charge - To Hit = [1d20+9] = 17+9 = 26, Potential Damage = [1d6+4] = 5+4 = 9

EDIT: with bonus, will be 27 to hit.

HITS Z1 and knocks it prone.

Goring Charge (Encounter Standard Action Melee 1)
Target: One Creature
Attack: +9 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6+4 damage, and you knock the target prone.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-stats]
Labraundos

Male Minotaur Paladin, Level 2.
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15. Senses: None.
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 12, Will: 16.
HP: 36/36, Bloodied: 18, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 12/13.
THP: 9
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Allarian, Hzakan.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Goring Charge - Used
Second Wind
Vicious Backswing
Virtue’s Touch
Divine Challenge
Ardent Strike
Valiant Strike
Divine Strength
Divine Mettle
Divine Pursuit
Blood of the Mighty
Virtue - Used
Verve Armour +1 (Plate) - Daily Power
Feats:
Berserker's Fury - a daily damage bonus for the encounter
Conditions: None.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
GM: Good start already Note: Feel free to move your characters on the map. I ask that you don't change hp stats. I'll take care of that. I've already had to knock off three of my foes. :(

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I cannot access googledocs from work, invisible castle is down...I'm going with the "offline" version and will edit this when I get home or Metavoid or dimsdale could move the monsters as needed.

Sora Daar raises her hands, connecting thumbs and point fingers in a circle. As she casts, pale moonlight forms between closed fingers. She points toward one of the shooters and the closer zombie and blasts them with the beams.

Skeleton crumbles under the radiant light, while sturdier zombie stands burned.

She moves closer to the archer standing behind some rubble, her guardian trailing, keeping her back safe. Small dragon-like creature chitters excitedly perched on her shoulder.
[sblock="Actions"]
Standard: Unraveling dart vs Fort( Z2; S3); radiant damage (1d20+8=16; 1d20+8=15; 1d4+6=8) - hit, hit, S3 dies, apply vulnerability damage. If they are not vulnerable to radiant, add 3 damage from unraveling dart)
Move: N6 (L goes with her, DD moves to M5)
Minor: N/A
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Protection: [MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION] Labraundos has resist all 2 while adjacent to Orsik
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] Z1 has penalty (-4) to all damage TENT Orsik

For a moment it looks like the pillar split to reveal the statue and not a living breathing person. But then the giant looks around, studying the tableau. His ebon armor sighs at the nearness of the undead. At the same time, the mauls obsidian head gleams in anticipation as it is raised slightly for easier attack.

Shrugging his massive shoulders, remainder of the stone pillar still falling around him, he calmly approaches another giant figure. As he hefts his great maul, the minotaur might have a moment of doubt as to his target when the giant swerves slightly toward him. But the mauls hitting area shines sky blue as the rune appears on it and the giant slams it into the zombie. The glow leaves the mauls head and envelops zombies hands. At the same time, soft barely visible glow appears around Labraundos.

"This zombie will hit like a little girl for some time. You can safely cleave it, friend."

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Ready maul
Move: C1-B3-C4
Standard: Word of diminishment vs Z1 AC (d20+8 = 24); damage (2d6+7 = 14) - hit, Z1 takes -4 to damage TENT Orsik
[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], I've moved Sora Daar and companions, but you still need to enter your attack into the sheet.

[sblock=Orsik the Small]
Orsik
AC: 19 Fort: 15 Ref: 12 Will: 16

HP: 35/35; Surges 11/11

Word of Diminishment
Word of Binding
[COLOR]

Rune of Mending
Rune of Mending
Stone Panoply
Flames of Purity
Stones Endurance

Rune of Endless Fire
Shield of Sacrifice

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
All four of the adventurers attack the undead with ferocious abandon. Two skeletons fall from arrows from the ranger and one from the witch and the minotaur. All-n-all, four skeletons are now piles of bones on the ground After effortlessly swatting a skeleton the minotaur's charge crashes into one of the zombies, knocking it to the ground while the rune priest rubs salt in the wounded zombie in the form of a giant maul.

The remaining skeletons fire their bows at the minotaur while one fires at the ranger. All three hit with their attacks. The minter takes two in the back. However, each time the arrows hit the bull, the runes from the priest instantly flash an intense light blue color, triggering a surge of healing energy into the wounds of the paladin, which in term drastically reducing the damage of the arrow attacks. No such luck for the ranger as the third skeleton's arrow embeds firmly in the left thigh of the ranger.
[Sblock=skeleton Attacks]

S7 attack vs Minotaur:
Attack: Shortbow (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +6 vs. AC; 3 damage. Hit AC 24 for 3 Damage (-2 Resist All) =1
S6 attack vs Minotaur:
Ranged 15/30; +6 vs. AC; 3 damage: Hit AC 23 for 3 Damage (-2 Resist All) =1
S1 attack vs Ranger:
Ranged 15/30; +6 vs. AC; 3 damage: Hit AC 25 for 3 Damage

ooc: wow! great attack rolls!
[/Sblock]
The prone zombie grunts, the slowly stands and attempts to punch the priest. Its fist bashes into the priest's midsection. The blow however is lessened due the magic of the priest.
[sblock=zombie attack]
Attack: Fist vs Priest AC:
+6 vs AC for 2d6+2 damage e.Hit for 7-4 (-4 to damage tent) = 3 hp damage
[/sblock]
The other zombie turns and walks through the dark cloud only to appear on the other side, still not close enough to attack.

Meanwhile, the voice of the one who summoned the undead can be heard from the inside of the dark cloud. He laughs a sinister laugh More creatures heh heh...More!!!! My master said no but he is not here. mmmuuuaahahahahah. He begins to chant. Light flickers with in the darkness. Suddenly you hear a loud shriek of pain. What?...what is happening to meeeee agggghhhhh! The sounds of of more shrieking follows, then silence. The cloud begins to disapate. You can make out the form of a humanoid shape, but it is still too dark to tell what it might be.

[sblock=Expended character powers]
Witch:
Rune Priest:
Paladin: Virtue, Goring Charge, AP Spent, 1 HS spent
Ranger:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Character Damage on Foes for this round]
Witch: Kills S3 and 11 damage on Z2
Rune Priest: 11 points on Z1 and -4 attack for Z1 Tent, Paladin resist 2
Paladin: knocks Z1 prone and 9 damage and kills S2
Ranger: Kills S1 and S4
[/sblock]

GM: I want to do most of the number crunching on the spreadsheet. We'll see how it goes. Round 1 is complete. It's the party's turn.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], how is it that Z2 has full hp? Sora hit it with one of the unraveling darts for 8 + vulnerability (or 8+3 if no vulnerability)...also, Orsik hit Z1, not a skeleton. I didn't check HP on Z1 to see if you just described it differently and applied the damage or not.

I've added a row on google describing Soras turn. I'll be more dilligent doing that.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
@dimsdale, how is it that Z2 has full hp? Sora hit it with one of the unraveling darts for 8 + vulnerability (or 8+3 if no vulnerability)...also, Orsik hit Z1, not a skeleton. It was the minotaur who hit the skeleton. Got it wrong in the post. I didn't check HP on Z1 to see if you just described it differently and applied the damage or not.

I've added a row on google describing Soras turn. I'll be more dilligent doing that.

GM: Thanks for letting me know. Totally missed the damage on Z2, radiant damage applies as well. Orsik hit Z1. Damage already included on attack. I'm going to add a part in the DM turn that summarizes the parties attack. I'll do that later today and continue to do it for later turns. I'll fix my post as well in terms of Orsik. It wasn't him that killed the skeleton. It was the minotaur. Also corrected paladin hp. He has no damage due to the use of 2 of his 9 temp hp

Last edited:

Anyone adjacent to Orsik [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] : Labraundos) gains resist all 5 TENT Orsik

OOC: Question about Kords Resilience: it says anyone adjacent to Orsik when he uses stones endurance shares resist 5...does it apply to anyone adjacent (lets say another player moves adjacent on his turn AFTER orsik invoked the power)? Or it applies only to those adjacent at the moment of the casting? And similarly, does the effect remain on those who were adjacent at the time of the casting regardless of their movement afterwards?
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]: Orsik doesn't have temp hp unless someone else gave them to him: I think he should be 32/35 hp and labraundos should have some of his damage removed. If he is NOT wounded at the time of the Orsiks turn let me know and I'll change my turn slightly (I'll give him +3 to damage instead of healing...and +1 to hit)

Stone giant makes a pulling motion as if he's lifting something from the earth. And the ground responds, flowing quickly over him, armoring his great bulk in additional layer of armor. The ground around him raises too and armors the great minotaur next to him.

He moves behind the great warrior and draws a rune, circle with the crown on his maul. As he slams it into the ground, hammer head down, flames of pure white light fan from the impact site over the minotaur and both zombies. While minotaur has minor wounds closed, his body protects nearer zombie from the flames while the one he originally hit burns down into smoldering heap.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Stones Endurance - Orsik gains resist all 5 and Labraundos shares that as long as he is adjacent.
Move: shift to B5
Standard: Flames of Purity (blast 3) vs Z1 AC (1d20+8 = 12); vs Z2 AC (1d20+8 = 22); radiant damage (2d6+7 = 14) - Labraundos heals 3 damage; Unless I somehow missed CA or any +1 to hit, I missed Z1; If the zombie2 has vulnerable 5 radiant it is destroyed

[/sblock]

[sblock=Orsik the Small]
Orsik
AC: 19 Fort: 15 Ref: 12 Will: 16

HP: 32/35; Surges 11/11

Word of Diminishment
Word of Binding
[COLOR]

Rune of Mending
Rune of Mending
Stone Panoply
Flames of Purity
Stones Endurance

Rune of Endless Fire
Shield of Sacrifice

[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Flengri lets the next two arrows fly, but they are not as true. As both pass, harmlessly, between the bones of their targets, he calls out to his new friends, "You concentrate on the zombies! I'll keep these skeletons busy!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to H12
Standard: Twin Strike
Target 1: S6, Attack 1: 1d20+8=10 vs. AC miss
Target 2: S7, Attack 2: 1d20+8=10 vs. AC miss

[/sblock]

[sblock=Flengri Li Aramad Stats]

Flengri Li Aramad- Male elf ranger (medium elf humanoid) Level 2
Languages: Elven, Allarian

Passive Perception: 21
Vision: Low Light
Passive Insight: 14
Acrobatics: +11
Athletics: +7
Nature: +11
Stealth: +13

AC: 18
Fort: 13
Ref: 17
Will: 14
Speed: 7

HP: 26/29
Surge Value: 7
Surges Left: 7/7

Action Points: 1
Second Wind: 1/1

Racial Features
Group Awareness: Grants +1 to Perception to non-elf allies within 5 squares
Wild Step: Ignore difficult terrain when shifting

:bmelee: +2, 1d4+1
:branged: +8, 1d12+5
:ranged: Fading Strike (SA) +8, 1d12+5 (Hit: Shift 2 squares to non-adjacent location)
:melee: Twin Strike (SA) +2, 1d4+1 (2 attacks)
:ranged: Twin Strike (SA) +8 1d12+0 (2 attacks)
Agile Recovery (MA) (Stand Up)

:melee: Evasive Strike (SA) +2, 2d4+1 (Can shift up to 4 before or after attack)
:ranged: Evasive Strike (SA) +8, 2d12+5 (Can shift up to 4 before or after attack)
:melee: Surprise Strike (NA) (Effect: BA or AW Dazes target hit with CA)
:ranged: Surprise Strike (NA) (Effect: BA or AW Dazes target hit with CA)
:ranged: Commanding Confrontation (SA) +8, 3d12+5 (Miss: Half dmg, Effect:+5 to dmg until target no longer quarry)
Elven Accuracy (MA) (Reroll attack roll)

Arrows: 11111 11111 11111 11111 11111 11111
Shadowshaft Arrows +1: 11 ( Zone AB2 centered on target becomes HO UEOE)
Leather Armor

[sblock=Gear]
[sblock=Adventurers Kit]Backpack, Bedroll, Flint, Steel, Beltpouch, 2 Sunrods, Rations 11111 11111, 50ft Hemp Rope, Waterskin[/sblock]
[sblock=Camouflaged Clothing]+2 Stealth while not moving[/sblock]
[sblock=Climbers Kit]Grappling hook, small hammer, Pitons 11111 11111, +2 bonus to Athletics for climbing.[/sblock]
[sblock=Crowbar]+2 bonus to Str checks to break open locked doors or containers[/sblock]
[sblock=Drill]Bits 11111 1, Bore hole through wood, stone, and some metals. After 6 hours, 1 bit can bore through 6 inches of stone or 2 inches of iron
[/sblock]
[sblock=Glass Cutter]Quickly and silently etches glass to create a round hole large enough to fit an arm through.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hacksaw]In 2 hours, a hacksaw blade can cut though 1 inch of iron[/sblock]
[sblock=Mirror]Disk of polished metal[/sblock]
[sblock=Thieves Tools]+2 bonus to open locked doors or disable traps[/sblock]
[sblock=Investigation gear]containers, brushes, dusts, tweezers, picks, probes, magnafying glass, ink, quills, parchment, small journal. +2 bonus to Perception checks to search for specific details.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raven's Feather]When used to prick blood from target, target's demise turns the feather red.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hurler Snatcher]Aquire item of 5lbs or less up to 5 squares away or transfer a similar item you have to a willing target up to 5 squares away.[/sblock]
[sblock=Caltrops]SA: Apply to 1 square adjacent to you. Running characters are slowed (save ends) upon entering square. At normal speed the entering character can choose difficult terrain or slowed (save ends).[/sblock]

Treasure on this adventure:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads