[Adventure!] Daunton's Dead Rises Again DM: Dimsdale.

I'm having trouble both coming up with a character and finding time to work on one. Looks like a striker might be a welcome addition, though?

If you prefer, make a leader, I can whip up a striker in no time (I'm actually reusing my Eberron characters - just lowering back to second level and adding 3 more points to stats).

[sblock=OOC]Are you kidding!? Of course I'm in. What class do we still need?

No offense to other players, but we could use hard-core controller (sorry neurotic, the witch doesn't seem daze or prone much) or sticky fighter. Of course, we already have paladin so marking might be a problem. Having two melee and one ranged...some kind of ranged striker might come handy. That said, I realize that runepriest is not much of a healer, but he is a bag of bonuses more constant then even warlord :)

Note to all: I will have a red / green block of active bonuses in my every post. Please read them before posting, they will often be power bonuses to damage, +1 to hit (often at the same time) or damage resistance. [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], in the same block I will post penalties for bad guys, most often damage penalty or immobility, but occasional other status might wonder by :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Let MetaVoid bark, he's just jealous of Sora Daars good looks :p . What we need is ranged striker, melee striker or anything at all. My personal preference would be something with lots of damage, I don't care if you're striker or not. I've played in a group with bunch of controllers. While they were successful enough, with melee monsters not approaching to effective range due to dazes, slows etc...each fight took forever due to low damage output.

Witch can setup radiant vulnerability which can be effective along mass marks from the paladin. She can punt the enemies over the board with push 5. If you can setup zones we could be quite deadly. And I've played along with runepriests, his healing is secondary effect, but quite enough for the small party. Depends on how well MetaVoid plays it of course and general tactics of the party.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
OK. I've got a bow ranger here. If you prefer, I can have a wizard or a druid by tomorrow.
[sblock=Flengri Li Aramad Stats]

Flengri Li Aramad- Male elf ranger (medium elf humanoid) Level 2
Languages: Elven, Allarian

Passive Perception: 21
Vision: Low Light
Passive Insight: 14
Acrobatics: +11
Athletics: +7
Nature: +11
Stealth: +13

AC: 18
Fort: 13
Ref: 17
Will: 14
Speed: 7

HP: 29/29
Surge Value: 7
Surges Left: 7/7

Action Points: 1
Second Wind: 1/1

Racial Features
Group Awareness: Grants +1 to Perception to non-elf allies within 5 squares
Wild Step: Ignore difficult terrain when shifting

:bmelee: +2, 1d4+1
:branged: +8, 1d12+5
:ranged: Fading Strike (SA) +8, 1d12+5 (Hit: Shift 2 squares to non-adjacent location)
:melee: Twin Strike (SA) +2, 1d4+1 (2 attacks)
:ranged: Twin Strike (SA) +8 1d12+0 (2 attacks)
Agile Recovery (MA) (Stand Up)

:melee: Evasive Strike (SA) +2, 2d4+1 (Can shift up to 4 before or after attack)
:ranged: Evasive Strike (SA) +8, 2d12+5 (Can shift up to 4 before or after attack)
:melee: Surprise Strike (NA) (Effect: BA or AW Dazes target hit with CA)
:ranged: Surprise Strike (NA) (Effect: BA or AW Dazes target hit with CA)
:ranged: Commanding Confrontation (SA) +8, 3d12+5 (Miss: Half dmg, Effect:+5 to dmg until target no longer quarry)
Elven Accuracy (MA) (Reroll attack roll)

Arrows: 11111 11111 11111 11111 11111 11111
Shadowshaft Arrows +1: 11 ( Zone AB2 centered on target becomes HO UEOE)
Leather Armor

[sblock=Gear]
[sblock=Adventurers Kit]Backpack, Bedroll, Flint, Steel, Beltpouch, 2 Sunrods, Rations 11111 11111, 50ft Hemp Rope, Waterskin[/sblock]
[sblock=Camouflaged Clothing]+2 Stealth while not moving[/sblock]
[sblock=Climbers Kit]Grappling hook, small hammer, Pitons 11111 11111, +2 bonus to Athletics for climbing.[/sblock]
[sblock=Crowbar]+2 bonus to Str checks to break open locked doors or containers[/sblock]
[sblock=Drill]Bits 11111 1, Bore hole through wood, stone, and some metals. After 6 hours, 1 bit can bore through 6 inches of stone or 2 inches of iron
[/sblock]
[sblock=Glass Cutter]Quickly and silently etches glass to create a round hole large enough to fit an arm through.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hacksaw]In 2 hours, a hacksaw blade can cut though 1 inch of iron[/sblock]
[sblock=Mirror]Disk of polished metal[/sblock]
[sblock=Thieves Tools]+2 bonus to open locked doors or disable traps[/sblock]
[sblock=Investigation gear]containers, brushes, dusts, tweezers, picks, probes, magnafying glass, ink, quills, parchment, small journal. +2 bonus to Perception checks to search for specific details.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raven's Feather]When used to prick blood from target, target's demise turns the feather red.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hurler Snatcher]Aquire item of 5lbs or less up to 5 squares away or transfer a similar item you have to a willing target up to 5 squares away.[/sblock]
[sblock=Caltrops]SA: Apply to 1 square adjacent to you. Running characters are slowed (save ends) upon entering square. At normal speed the entering character can choose difficult terrain or slowed (save ends).[/sblock]

Treasure on this adventure:
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Let MetaVoid bark, he's just jealous of Sora Daars good looks :p . What we need is ranged striker, melee striker or anything at all. My personal preference would be something with lots of damage, I don't care if you're striker or not. I've played in a group with bunch of controllers. While they were successful enough, with melee monsters not approaching to effective range due to dazes, slows etc...each fight took forever due to low damage output.

Witch can setup radiant vulnerability which can be effective along mass marks from the paladin. She can punt the enemies over the board with push 5. If you can setup zones we could be quite deadly. And I've played along with runepriests, his healing is secondary effect, but quite enough for the small party. Depends on how well MetaVoid plays it of course and general tactics of the party.

Think our Lilli was in that group of controllers.

Labraundos the Paladin can maybe do 2 marks of slightly different sorts (Divine Challenge and Divine Sanction) per round, but only if circumstances fall right and the radiant damage base is not good at the moment. Who knows, maybe it will increase later (it can be done) but the boost the witch can offer is currently welcome.

He has a big axe. Very big.

The push is interesting as it may set Labraundos up for a charge and he'd like that. He's a Minotaur with an Execution axe. Bull in China Shop (Virtue and Strength Paladin build).

36 HP + 9 THP's for most fights. Costs a surge, but I'm likely to use it.

I was thinking ranged striker (Storm Sorcerer?) or Barbarian type (I never got to play this guy elsewhere) to complement the Paladin and Runepriest.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
With vulnerability, even 1 radiant counts as it triggers that +5...and if you can do radiant on your turn that is one more trigger, plus my own attack(s) in two rounds duration, I think we can count on +10 / +20 esp. if you can multimark :)
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], we have four players now...can we start? Lord Sessadore can erupt from the earth later :) Oh...could Sora Daar erupt from the tree instead of the stone?!

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], we have four players now...can we start? Lord Sessadore can erupt from the earth later :) Oh...could Sora Daar erupt from the tree instead of the stone?!
I agree. Let's get started. I can put Flengri in the wiki as we go.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
GM: Ok let me know if this is correct

1. Labraundos Minotaur Paladin Lvl 2 (Neil1889)
2. Sora Daar Hamadryad Sidhe Lord Witch Lvl 2 (Neurotic)
3. Name?? Goliath Runepriest Lvl 2 (Metavoid)
4. Flengri Half-Elf Ranger Lvl 2 (H.M. Gimlord)

Please verify in the new discussion thread.

Last edited:

Remove ads