Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

nerdytenor

First Post
"Another nutjob, huh?"

"I'm not so sure about that," Dorn says quietly, studying the young man carefully. "Cursed, maybe. But clearly trying to tell us something."

Dorn addresses the pale creature, uncertain if it registers his presence at all.

"What is this sign of hexad? Is this a portent of evil to come?"

OOC:
Arcana check to determine presence of curse : 24

Dekana

Explorer
Jax is the last to climb up the ladder. He is relieved to see that RAM TIGER has not murdered the inhabitant yet.

"It sounds more like his words are mixed up," Jax points out. "Evil shall descend on the land, or something like that. Maybe not so crazy." He walks over to the youth. "What's that you're reading?" If the young man doesn't respond or hand over the text, Jax skillfully inserts himself between the boy and his book, without coming into contact with either.

Luinnar

First Post
The youth does not respond to anyone's attempts to communicate, nor RAM TIGER's growl, he just sits there, gazing off in the distance.

[sblock=RAM TIGER]
In the barrels you find water, apples, salted pork and various kinds of vegetables.

Out the window you spot a raft. Perhaps it would be useful, making travel to the town faster and easier.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dorn]
You do not detect any kind of curse present on the boy, nor any aura around him. Whatever is wrong with him, it must be natural in origin.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jax]
You see that the book is a collection of children's poems. Every poem is a short rhyme, similar to the confused verses which the youth utters. The first page contains an inscription: “To Luc, my beloved brother.” It is signed “Marcel.”
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
A search of the house finds nothing more interesting than food and water inside the barrels. The strange young man oddly enough does seem to mind your search.

With a quick look outside you find a raft. It will be useful for traveling to the nearby town.

GM: Please describe what you are planning on doing at this point.

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot seems unsure what to make of the young man. It looks at the raft. "Perhaps we could borrow that to get to town... should we try to bring this man with us? Maybe someone in the town could help him."

OOC: I can't remember, did we know the names Luc or Marcel?

Also, going to roll a heal check to see if Ingot can figure out what is wrong with the guy.

Luinnar

First Post
Ingot seems unsure what to make of the young man. It looks at the raft. "Perhaps we could borrow that to get to town... should we try to bring this man with us? Maybe someone in the town could help him."

OOC: I can't remember, did we know the names Luc or Marcel?

Also, going to roll a heal check to see if Ingot can figure out what is wrong with the guy.
[sblock=Ingot]
The youth seems to have suffered some kind of psychological trauma. You cannot find the cause of it or can think any way to cure it at the moment.[/sblock]

GM: This is the first time you have heard the name Luc or Marcel.

So is everyone with Ingot on borrowing the raft and taking the young man to town with them?

Antithetist

First Post
"Sure, I guess, if he wants to come," Kasha says with a shrug. "I mean, it must be his raft anyway, right? Least we can do is take him along for the ride."

Dekana

Explorer
Jax is disappointed by the contents of the book. Maybe the young man is just crazy after all. "Umm... it's fine with me. Maybe he is dead weight though? Not my fault if he falls behind and a crocodile eats him." Jax extricates himself from his position and looks for a bed to rest on (or a hot rock if one is available).

Remove ads