Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
I am Louise d'Cann. But no! Not here! Meet me in my bakery, Monsieur. says a rather large women in the crowd who then bustles off in the direction of the bakery.

Good, best you not interfere. And we don't need outsider's help. The priest mutters in response to Ingot. You can hear murmured whispers from the crowd in agreement. He then begins to slide the coffin onto a small wagon and starts to hook it up to the horses nearby. The crowd starts to dissipate, keeping away from the strange youth in the process.

GM: Last chance to open up the coffin!

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha stares wide-eyed at the coffin as it thumps and bangs, her fingers playing over her sword hilt, and when she eventually speaks her usual bravado sounds a little strained. "Aww c'mon, what kind of religious rite says that you're s'posed to bury a corpse while it's still scratching at the coffin? That's pretty messed up..."

Sanzuo

First Post

GNYAAA!

RAM TIGER leaps onto the wagon and lays into the coffin with both claws like a cat trying to get into a hamster ball.

Luinnar

First Post
Tries as he might, RAM TIGER cannot break open the chain keeping the coffin close. The rest of the crowd flees at the sight of this, besides the priest who just stares at you in disapproval.

GM: The coffin is kept close by chains and a padlock. You will need to either pick the lock (DC 17 thievery check, you can take a 10), attack the chains or lock directly or try again to break them apart by force (DC 20,cannot take 10).

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha hops up on the wagon after RAM TIGER, feeling like he's probably got the right idea. Burying a still-moving body is just weird. Much better to take the situation in hand and get to the bottom of it. "Hey Tiger, shift over, I can spring that lock, no problem."

OOC: Taking 10 on Thievery for a check result of 24, if RT will let Kasha get at the lock.

Luinnar

First Post
While Kasha works on the lock the priest unhitches the horse who run away from the scene. Fools... the priest mutters, walking away from the coffin to observe at a fair distance away. The lock clicks and RAM TIGER pulls the chains away from the coffin excitedly. Suddenly with a loud bang the lid is thrust open and a horrific rotting corpse emerges, carrying a huge sword and clothed in armor.

GM: Everyone roll initiatives!

Remove ads