• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
Jax's shock at seeing an undead creature is quickly replaced by anger. How dare the zombie attack his new meat-shield gnoll ally! The kobold grits his teeth and launches himself onto the open coffin, ideally placed in a flanking position with RAM TIGER.

He stabs into the zombie's back like a woodpecker into a tree, his repeated stings dealing enough hurt to kill five men over. His last cut tears a leg tendon, crippling the zombie and knocking him to the side. Despite this, the beast maintains his hold over RAM TIGER, and worse, he hardly even looks fazed by the attack!

[sblock=Jax stat block/actions][sblock=actions]Move: walk to H5.

Standard: Piercing Strike vs Zombie Warrior hits Reflex 22 for 24 damage.

AP-Standard: Sly Lunge vs Zombie Warrior hits AC 33 for 15 damage, and Jax gains CA against the zombie until the end of his next turn. The Slaying Action feat also activates; Jax can deal sneak attack again this turn (he chooses not to use it with this attack).

Minor: Low Slash vs Zombie Warrior hits Reflex 23 for 28 damage. Jax slides the zombie to J6, and the zombie is slowed until the end of Jax's next turn.[/sblock]PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 4
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:20, Will:14 -- Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:43/43, Bloodied:21, Surge Value:10, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind

Conditions

Powers
Shifty, Clever Strike, Piercing Strike
Low Slash, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Press the Advantage

Combat notes: +2 damage vs bloodied targets; +1 damage vs medium+ targets
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post
RAM TIGER struggles in the zombie's nigh-inescapable grip. Unable to get free he instead sinks his claws and teeth into the zombie's face in a death-grip of his own.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Athletics to escape grab; fail
Standard: Grappling Strike; combat advantage and pack attack; hit; 10 damage and the target is grabbed (until escape or EONT) target is marked
Action Point: Seize and Stab; miss (reliable)[/sblock][sblock=Statblocks]RAM TIGER, Male Gnoll Fighter 2
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 21 (20 bloodied), Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:12 -- Speed:6
HP:40/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:11/11
Initiative: +4, Action Points: 1
Powers: Grappling Strike, Cleave, Combat Challenge, Takedown Attack, Ferocious Charge, Forceful Drag, Second Wind, Seize and Stab

Opportunity Attack: Grappling Strike; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+5 damage and the target is grabbed (until escape or until EONT), the target's movement stops for that action and it is marked until EONT.[/sblock]

OOC: Not that I'm complaining... ok I am complaining, the zombie's Fort and Reflex should be the target DCs to escape using either Athletics or acrobatics to Escape. The way I'm reading it, it looks as though I have a -5 to escape from this guy.

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha springs into action, working her way around to the zombie's flank as she pokes and prods at it, testing its defenses before finally committing to an attack once she has it pinioned between RAM TIGER's claws and her own probing blade. At the crucial moment she almost falters, but Ingot's guidance steers her true. Her blade slips in between two plates in the zombie's armour and she seizes upon the opportunity to cause as much damage as possible, twisting the weapon and wrenching it upwards to tear a great chunk of rotting flesh from the foe.

[sblock=OOC]Move: to J7 (going wide to avoid OA)
Standard: Torturous Strike on the Zombie Warrior - 1d20+11 +3 from Ingot's Righteous Brand = 21, hit vs AC 19. Damage 2d8+9=14 plus 2d8+3=17 Sneak Attack damage plus Furious Assault for 1d8=3, total damage 34.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kasha Quick Stats]Kasha, Half-Orc Rogue 2
Initiative: +5, Senses: Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Low-light vision

AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 17, Will 13
HP 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges 6/6
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points 1

Powers
Torturous Strike
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Tumble
Handspring Assault

Daily Item Powers 1
-

Consumables
2x Potion of Healing
1x Ansar Force Crystal
116.2 gp

Conditions
-[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn takes a few steps closer (Move 2 squares S) to the surrounded abomination and raises his hands. An enormous thunderclap issues forth, but it is lacking in any physical force and does no damage (Storm walk misses). Dorn looks at his own hands in disappointment, shaking his head.

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 5
Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11
AC 19, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 19 (base defenses)
HP 42/42 Bloodied 21 Surge Value 10, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +9
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Wild Soul: force (Resist 5 force and ignore first 5 force resistance)
+1 AC from even roll

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Ice Javelins
Moon and the Stars
Deep Shroud
Deathstalker Dagger
Repulsion Leather Armor

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
GM: @Sanzuo You do get -5 to escape, it is part of his attack, that is why I made the DC higher. :)

Just waiting on clarification on Ingot's attacks then I will update when I have time.

Sanzuo

First Post
OOC: I just realized my damage was completely wrong. I did 10 damage with my attack, not 14. I didn't notice Jax had slid it, so I didn't have pack attack bonus. And I have no idea where that extra +2 came from...

ryryguy

First Post
OOC: Sorry, yeah I forgot to update my stat block after the last rest. So Ingot has not used any consumable resources yet.

Ingot didn't use the acid power of the blade - the reference to acid in my description is because the crit damage from the weapon is acid, that's all. But no ongoing damage or anything. :)

Luinnar

First Post
Despite his wounds the zombie still stands strong. He swings his giant sword, slashing through Kasha's armor causing a deep wound. Thankfully she leaps aside his second blow. He then turns his attention to RAM TIGER, strangling him with his grip and almost crushing the life out of him.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Double Attack Kasha
Rolls
24 VS AC, Hit 18 damage (forgot the mark but it hit anyway)
14 VS AC miss

Rolls:
Minor: Crush RAM TIGER
24 vs fort hit 16 damage
Minor: Crush RAM TIGER
25 vs fort hit 16 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]
Zombie Warrior: Marked, Grabbed, Jax CA, Slowed EONT
HP 162/304; Bloodied 152
AC 19; Fortitude 23; Reflex 19; Will 21
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerability 5 radiant

RAM TIGER:8/40 Grabbed until he escapes DC 28 Athletics check or 24 Acrobatic check to escaped.

Kasha:9/27
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Info]
The space with the casket is difficult terrain.[/sblock]
GM: Party's turn!

Attachments

• dod.4.jpg
    dod.4.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 63

Remove ads