Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
I hope this is satisfactory...Any questions? he says looking at each of you in turn.
Underneath the table, Jax's tail wags vigorously upon mention of the large payment. He briefly daydreams about his gold-pile doubling in size, at least until Ingot calls him out.

"Ingot! I was afraid you might not make it. Next time, we stick together after a job! Getting separated is no good." Jax watches as Ingot introduces himself to the gnoll. "Umm... no, he is not my friend. Er, not yet!"

Oh don't worry, it will not be difficult, the man says smiling. Out of a pack at his side he pulls out a map of the surrounding islands. As you can see here, he says pointing at a spot, there is a strong current a couple miles north east from where we are, here. he says pointing to where the inn is. If you take the current it will take you directly to the island, here, he says drawing a line to an island labeled "Sojourn". It should not take you more than an hour or two to reach the current. I can give you a compass if you require one.

Jax frowns. "Sojourn? Is this a new island, maybe? Recently emerged from the mists? I've never heard of it." (Nature 21)

Antithetist said:
"Hey, don't worry about it, me and Tiger here have the sailing covered," Kasha puts in with a grin.

"It's Kasha. Pleased to meetcha," she smiles - just a little bemusedly.
"And I'm Jax!" The kobold exclaims this desperately, as if a child who is annoyed that he is not being mentioned in adult conversation. "Glad we have at least one sailor. Or two, even!" He motions to RAM-TIGER.

ryryguy

First Post
"Jax! I am glad to be adventuring with you once again." Ingot bends over and peers at the kobold. "Have you recovered from the damage done in yesterday's battle?"

Sanzuo

First Post
Growing bored with the conversation and seeing that the kobold won't be letting his guard down anytime soon, RAM TIGER decides to investigate the strange man to see what else he's got. He investigates the man's pockets with his snout.

[sblock=Perception Check]I DON'T TRUST THIS GUY ONE BIT
________/

Perception roll! (1d20+9=12)

GOD DAMMIT
________/
[/SBLOCK]

Luinnar

First Post
"This sounds like a sweet deal - if it's really gonna be as easy as you say," ]
All I require of you is to deliver the package he says smiling.

[sblock=Kasha Quick Stats]
Kasha
, Half-Orc Rogue 2
Initiative: +5, Senses: Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Low-light vision

AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 17, Will 13
HP 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges 6/6
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points 1

Powers
Torturous Strike
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Tumble
Handspring Assault

Daily Item Powers 1
-

Consumables
1x Potion of Healing
1x Ansar Force Crystal
116.2 gp

Conditions
-[/sblock]

[sblock=Portrait]It's not perfect, but it's the best I've found. Turns out not many people like drawing sexy half-orc females. :(

martalw37l86uaw7od.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Looks good, thanks :)

Should I use your character sheet picture Dekana?

Do you have a portrait you would like me to use ryryguy?[/sblock]

Jax frowns. "Sojourn? Is this a new island, maybe? Recently emerged from the mists? I've never heard of it." (Nature 21)
Yes, that is correct. says the man sitting across from you, still smiling.
Growing bored with the conversation and seeing that the kobold won't be letting his guard down anytime soon, RAM TIGER decides to investigate the strange man to see what else he's got. He investigates the man's pockets with his snout.
RAM TIGER soon finds that the man pulls out a small dagger in response, perhaps he is saying not to look in his pockets. Regardless you smell no food.

Sanzuo

First Post
RAM TIGER soon finds that the man pulls out a small dagger in response...

[sblock=ooc]Welp.[/sblock]

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
________/

RAM TIGER takes his claws to the guy and decides to try and rip his arm off.

[sblock=actions]Standard: Seize and Stab Attack vs. Reflex, Damage (1d20+10=14, 2d6+7=16) Target is marked. On hit: Target takes damage and is grabbed, target cannot attempt to escape until the end of his next turn.
Move: If I miss, I shift back 1 square. Otherwise, I stay put.

(I might have combat advantage? You said he was sitting. Also I added 2 damage because I assumed at least two of the others were "adjacent" to him.)[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
"Dammit, now look what you did!" Kasha curses at the man, leaping to her feet. "Quick!" she calls to the others at the table, "crack him over the head or something before he eats our job."

[sblock=OOC]Init 1d20+5=17

As soon as she can act Kasha's priorities will be to stand up and draw her sword, and shift to be adjacent to RAM TIGER (if she's not already) and hopefully in a good position to flank him with someone (hard to be more specific than that without knowing our positions).

If she's in a good position to flank, but nobody is flanking with her yet, she'll ready an action to attack with Torturous Strike once somebody is.

If she's already flanking him, she'll attack with Torturous Strike now, using Furious Assault: 1d20+11=22 to hit vs AC, damage 2d8+8+2d6+3+1d8=34.

And if that attack goes ahead and he's already taken damage when she acts, so Kasha takes him below 0 hp, she'll choose to incapacitate him rather than kill him.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]DM: Don't consider Jax as anyone's ally for the purposes of flanking or extra damage. I don't want to get involved in this.

DM: Any picture is fine, but I dare you to find another image of a kobold wearing puffy pants and a conquistador helmet.

Kasha: Your character sheet says you have the backstabber feat, so I think your attack does slightly more damage (than the already crazy amount it just did). It's nothing worth rerolling though. ;)[/sblock]
[sblock=pvp]I think introducing a player-vs-player element into D&D is a bad idea. If this is going to be a regular occurrence, I should drop out of this adventure before we begin. I don't want to worry about watching my back from RAM-TIGER (or Kasha) for the next year, or however long the game takes.[/sblock]
Jax cries out, startled. "Ahh, what are you doing?!" He hops off his chair and, unlike Kasha, runs from the table. Jax dives underneath a barstool on the opposite side of the tavern and draws his dagger, pointing it nervously in the direction of the brawl.

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=pvp]I think introducing a player-vs-player element into D&D is a bad idea. If this is going to be a regular occurrence, I should drop out of this adventure before we begin. I don't want to worry about watching my back from RAM-TIGER (or Kasha) for the next year, or however long the game takes.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Uhg... I was hoping I wouldn't have to state the obvious, but of course pvp is a bad idea. You'll never have to worry about RAM TIGER actually attacking any player characters or being any kind of actual threat to you. NPCs are an entirely different matter.

I was prepared for the consequences of this, if you guys wanna pummel my character into unconsciousness, then by all means. He doesn't hold grudges, he's a live-by-the-moment type of gnoll.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=PVP]Okay, well, in the first place, I appreciate that some people just don't like going there. Sorry if I got anybody's back up, and I can always change that post if consensus is against me. Maybe I should have cleared this whole course of action with people before going ahead.

Let me explain my thinking, though; we're still right there in the tavern, surrounded by other adventurers (some of whom are like 5+ levels higher than us). How are they all going to respond to a feral gnoll attacking an apparently innocent human in the middle of their favourite drinking hole? (I know there's a weird gray area here since we're not actually in the tavern thread, but IC-wise that's what's going on).

'Badly' is my guess as to the reaction. And it's Kasha's, too. Plus, she wants this job, and nobody's going to be paying them to do anything if RT dismembers them. So it seems to me like the best solution is to knock RT out quickly and then start talking fast. If the employer is still alive, and can be placated (he DID pull a knife after all) then maybe RT won't get strung up and no serious harm has been done.

That's Kasha's best-case scenario, which is why she's doing what she's doing. Unless we keep our gnoll under control, I can't see this ending without someone dying.[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=PVP]we're still right there in the tavern, surrounded by other adventurers (some of whom are like 5+ levels higher than us).[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I thought of that! Almost everyone ran outside to check out the guy who got murdered a minute ago.[/sblock]

Remove ads