Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"This is the missing girl?" Andras looks down at Teresa's corpse and softly curses. He kneels over the body, sighs, then reaches down and removes the brooch from her neck, "Your mother shouldn't have to see you like this. Not without proper warning." He pulls the nearby curtain down from its fixture and lays it over the girl.

Andras begins looking around the room and through the hallways. As he moves he calls out, "That boy who was following you, Luc, I think he lived here. There is a portrait of him in the house. Does that tell you anything?"

OOC: Spend a surge, go to full hp.

Perception 24. I'm looking for clues regarding what could have caused this.

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha flops down in one of the chairs to recover her breath, pushing the plate away from her place with a revolted grimace. "Hmm, well, too bad," she says breezily, regarding Teresa's grisly and partially dismembered body. "Figures, though. I wonder if anybody around here is even surprised any more by this kind of stuff..."

Once she has her wind back, Kasha wanders off to snoop around the rest of the house with an eye to any tempting valuables.

[sblock=OOC]Spending one surge for 8+[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]1d6=2, 10 hp healed

Perception
1d20+1=13 - looking for shinies before Jax swipes them all. ;)

Am I right in thinking that's a milestone and we all gain an AP?[/sblock]

[sblock=Kasha Quick Stats]Kasha, Half-Orc Rogue 3
Initiative: +5, Senses: Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Low-light vision

AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 17, Will 13
HP 31/32, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 3/6
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points 1

Powers
Torturous Strike
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Tumble
Nasty Backswing
Handspring Assault

Daily Item Powers 0
Gambler's Suit

Consumables
1x Potion of Healing
1x Ansar Force Crystal
598.2 gp

Conditions
-[/sblock]

OOC: Edit: No clue why it's doing that to my sblock, can't get it to stop. Bleh.

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC:
No clue why it's doing that to my sblock, can't get it to stop. Bleh.

Split sblocks bringing you down? I'm not entirely sure what causes them, but I do know how to fix them. Usually. When writing a post, in the upper right hand corner of the "Message:" box there's a button which toggles between normal and editor mode. If you click that button twice (once to switch to editor mode, once to switch back) then the hidden sblock code will appear. It's been a while since I've had to do this, but I think I got better results by deleting the first sblock than trying to combine the two.

Sanzuo

First Post
After licking his wounds for a time, RAM TIGER jumps up on the table and looks over the spread. He looks quizzically at Kasha.

ARE YOU GONNA EAT THAT?

[sblock=Statblocks]RAM TIGER, Male Gnoll Fighter 3
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 21 (20 bloodied), Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:12 --
Speed:6
HP:45/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:5/11
Initiative: +4, Action Points: 1
Powers: Grappling Strike, Cleave, Combat Challenge, Takedown Attack, Ferocious Charge, Forceful Drag, Slamming Rush, Second Wind, Seize and Stab

Opportunity Attack: Grappling Strike; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+5 damage and the target is grabbed (until escape or until EONT), the target's movement stops for that action and it is marked until EONT.

Note: An adjacent target marked by RAM TIGER that shifts or makes an attack that does not include RAM TIGER as a target, RAM TIGER may make a basic melee attack against that target: +10 vs. AC, 1d6+5 damage.[/sblock]

OOC: Spent two surges.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
GM: I realized RAM TIGER did not roll a perception check, so I'll just roll for him to keep things moving.

Perception=29, lucky roll!

The party sets out to explore the rest of the house for clues (or in Kasha's case, valuables.) Jax and Kasha find two pillowcases in a stately room nearby, and start to grab all the silverware in the dining room.

Meanwhile Andras finds a pocket watch on the ghoul that was sitting next to Teresa (Ghoul 1). Perhaps it could be used to show to someone in town to identify the person. On the arm of one of the other ghouls he finds a bracer. One he notes that has magical qualities to enhance aiming of a bow. Perhaps he hunted more conventional meat for the plantation? Since the ghoul will not be needing it more anyway, Andras pockets it.

Meanwhile Dorn pokes around upstairs and finds dead bodies laid out in beds in three rooms, one of them is a female, dressed like a barmaid. This must be the missing villager that Constable Gremin was investigating. Two rooms contain clumps of dirt, but no bodies. Where these ghouls that Fiora said were rummaging through the cemetery each night?

After eating the remaining meat, RAM TIGER's senses pick up a sent. He follows someone's footprints to a stately room, one of the grandest in the house. In a secret compartment in a desk draw he finds five sparkling gems as well as a piece of paper.

Marcel,

You seemed busy with that scroll again, so I decided to leave a note instead of bothering you. I'm going to head out to get some more seeds for the fields. The crops have been doing very well this year, hopefully we will make a bundle of gold.

Send Luc to check on the servants later, they should be harvesting the corn today. He seems capable of taking care of things himself, just remind him to keep an eye on Teresa and Colin. They seem to spend more time talking to each other than doing actual work. If rumors are true he is going to propose to her soon. They have been hard workers up to now, so we should think of a good weeding gift for them.

Don't spend too much time with that scroll, you need to get some daylight sometime!

-Your brother Jean
GM: Treasure!:
Everyone receives:
5 pounds of assorted silverware each worth 100 gp.
1 turquoise each worth 100 gp.

Andras also receives:
Pocket Watch
Bracers of Archery (wish list)

Where to next? The Inn? Fiora's? The cemetery? Some place else?

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: I'll assume RAM TIGER shared the note with us.

Does everyone get 200 gp worth of stuff?

Jax skims over the note RAM TIGER found.

"... going to propose to her soon. Huh." Before continuing, Jax walks over to Teresa's corpse and checks if she has a diamond encrusted ring that he might have missed. He then goes back to reading the note.

"I vote we let the constable clear up the crime scene, if RAM TIGER is done eating. Let's get our reward for Teresa! Huzzah!" Jax raises one fist in triumph!

Remove ads