Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Bidding farewell for Fiora, the party heads north to Gremin's cottage, which is similar in construction to Fiora's. You find light coming through a window and Kasha knocks on the door. You are soon greeted by Gremin. Dorn relays to him the events of the evening and afterwords Andras shows him the pocket watch.

I knew bad stuff was happening in town, I never imagined this could happen. Ghouls at the Tarascon Plantation! The Tarascon have a lot of questions that need to be answered. But Luc is the only one I've seen, and as you've found out he is not helpful with information. I have not seen his brothers Jean or Marcel for weeks! I'll have to see if I can find them amongst the dead. It is a pity we can't get the boy to talk though, perhaps he would know something that we don't.

He then looks at the pocket watch. Looks like it belongs to the Colin boy. He was working at the plantation. Guess he was turned into one of those things... Can you all go to the Jordi's house and tell him about his son? I would go myself, but I should run over to the plantation when the evidence is fresh. Plus I think he would want to hear what happened from your own mouths.

Thanking Gremin for his assistance, the party heads to the blacksmith shop, located across from the inn. After hammering on the door they are greeted by a large, powerful man in a nightshirt and cap.

Yes, what do you want? I don't do business at this time of night, strangers. he says in his deep quiet voice.

Dorn again uses his nack for diplomacy and explains how they found his son in the nearby plantation, turned into a ghoul. Andras hands him the watch.

Yes, that is Colin's...I can't believe it it, I can't believe what has happened to Colin! We have been so worried! And now... What is it dear, what to the people want? shouts a female voice from the back.

That is my wife, Nadine. Please wait here, I need to explains that.. what you said... he rushes off. From the back of the shop where they live. You hear a shout No! Not my poor baby! It can't be! followed by loud sobbing.

Jordi comes back, his face tear streaked and carrying a box. I'd like to thank you for what you've done... An elf traded it for some weapons he needed, I never knew what to do with it so... he hands the box to Dorn, who opens it up to find an beautiful circlet.

We've been worrying about our son for a long time now... at least we know now..and...and we have his body.
If you ever need anything, let me know. I'll let you have anything in the shop for free... after all you've done... it is the least I could do... he says, his voice trailing off. You can still hear his wife sobbing in the background.

GM: Treasure:
Fey Blessed Circlet (Dorn wish list)

What does everyone want to do now? Call it a night or head somewhere else?

Also, I hope I did not advance the story too much without your character's input, I just thought I should quicken the pace a little :)

[sblock=Map of Town]
MaraisDTarascon-1.jpg

*Note, not all spots of interest are labeled with numbers*
1. Full Moon Inn
2. Bakery d'Cann
5. Gremin's Cottage
7. General Store
8. Blacksmith
9. Church
10. Cemetery
12. Fiora's Cottage
13. Townhouse
15. Plantation
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Jax sighs deeply, letting his shoulders sink.

"Mission number two: successful." he says in a melancholic voice. "Come on. Let's go get some sleep. The ghouls are dead, so we don't have any excuse to go to the cemetery."

He begins walking to the inn. Along the way, he mutters "Can't wait to get out of this place..."

Luinnar

First Post
The party travels to the Full Moon Inn nearby. The party (with urging from RAM TIGER), decide to have a snack before bed. You soon indulge in Spicy chicken pasta, in the inn's common room.

Your meal is soon interrupted by a strange smell. At first you think the cook must have burnt some food, but soon it grows stronger. The foul miasma chokes your lungs and burns your eyes. All the patrons around you start to choke and gag. Some keel over, coughing, while others pass out. You have never smelled such a foul stench in your life.

GM: Everyone please make a endurance check DC 17.

Success means you are not affected by the smell. Please tell me what actions, if any, you want to take.

Failure means you lose 1 healing surge and cannot take any other actions besides coughing and gagging for the time being.

[sblock=Map of Town]
MaraisDTarascon-1.jpg

*Note, not all spots of interest are labeled with numbers*
1. Full Moon Inn
2. Bakery d'Cann
5. Gremin's Cottage
7. General Store
8. Blacksmith
9. Church
10. Cemetery
12. Fiora's Cottage
13. Townhouse
15. Plantation
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Jax claws at his snout as if trying to dig out the pungent odor. He is unsuccessful.

OOC: 6/9 surges remain.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Just waiting on Kahsha, RAM TIGER and Dorn's roll. :)

[MENTION=66180]Sanzuo[/MENTION] [MENTION=74526]nerdytenor[/MENTION] [MENTION=88443]Antithetist[/MENTION]

Luinnar

First Post
GM: I'll go ahead and roll of RAM TIGER (22) and Kasha (10) since they have not posted.

Dorn and RAM TIGER hurry out of the inn to investigate the foul smell. Outside they find foot prints leading off to the east and bits of rotting tissue. Before they can investigate further they hear a scream, and rush back inside. Several of the patrons who collapsed have come back to their senses... but something is wrong with them. They rise unnaturally from where they were laying, their eyes are glazed over, their skin now a grayish color. They have become zombies!

GM: Roll initiatives please!

Remove ads