Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
After landing face-first on the ground, Jax is alarmed to find that the murderer has disappeared. However, Brenn is quick to point out where the madman has gone. Jax picks himself up and waits for the others to regroup. He stares longingly at the goat, his tongue darting out in hunger. No, no... work before pleasure.

He says to Brenn, "Ahh... I don't like this. It will be an ambush in there. A stab-crazy man and a bunch of ghouls!" Jax thumps his chest lightly, hitting the new leather armor. "Let me have a look, yes? I'll find a safe entrance. Just wait here. Okay?"

Jax taps his armor a second time, this time activating its magic properties. He rapidly shrinks down to a size no taller than Brenn's ankle, simultaneously morphing into the shape of a sewer rat. Rat-Jax squeaks once and then scampers off in the direction of the nearby townhouse.

[sblock=DM]Using the rat form leather daily! I'm trying to scout out the place a little; see through windows, or have a look inside if there are any open entrances, windows, mousehoules, etc.
Jax can't attack while using this power, so I'm avoiding combat (if possible of course).

Stealth: 20. Well, at least the madman will see a sewer rat instead of a kobold. :)[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=DM]Using the rat form leather daily! I'm trying to scout out the place a little; see through windows, or have a look inside if there are any open entrances, windows, mousehoules, etc.
Jax can't attack while using this power, so I'm avoiding combat (if possible of course).

Stealth: 20. Well, at least the madman will see a sewer rat instead of a kobold. :)[/sblock]
GM: [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION] Can you roll a perception check also please? :)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn took a few moments to catch his breath as the others rejoined him. As the kobold did his shapeshifting trick, Brenn moved back a few paces and readied his bow- just in case.

Luinnar

First Post
Rat-Jax, quickly spots a small mouse-hole and squeezes inside. He finds himself in the kitchen and hears a voice coming from the parlor and hurrys to a nearby door to listen in on the conversation.

They are coming. He is with them! They want it, they must know it is here! Yes! But they shall never find it! I shall keep it safe from him, he won't give it to him or anyone else, no! says a voice of a man that Jax has not heard before.

Now my servants, you know what to do. Give them a little welcome, we would not want to be impolite! Make them comfortable... make it so comfortable that they will want to stay, PERMANENTLY! Jax then hears a cackle of mad laughter and the sound of footsteps rushing away.

OOC: Is there any other actions you want to take in the house?

Dekana

Explorer
Jax spends a little more time in the house but, not wanting to press his luck, he soon makes his exit.

OOC: I'll try to find some side entrance that the party might be able to surprise the the enemy with, like a window we can crash through... or a thin wall that kool-aid man / Sir Exsixten can demolish. (oooh yeeaaaah)

Jax shares what he learned with the party when (if) he gets back.

Luinnar

First Post
Jax spys out the first floor of the house. Though it is larger than any other of the houses in town, there are only several rooms; a parlor, dining room, sitting room, kitchen, and cook's room on the first floor. The parlor is right next to the front door, which seems to be heavily barred and locked. It is also where the "servants", several ghouls, are laying in wait for the party. They don't seem to spot Jax, or if they do they pay him no attention. The madman is nowhere to be seen on the first floor.

The windows seem to be locked as well, but not barred. It would be impossible to unlock them from outside, but should be fairly easy to do from the inside. The cook's room is next to the kitchen and has one window in which a regular size person should be able to squeeze through. It has one door used by the servants leading to the outside, but this is boarded up and heavily locked. It has obviously not been used recently. This room is farthest away from the parlor.

Dekana

Explorer
Jax scurries right next to the window in the cook's room and, once he's sure the ghouls can't see him, resumes his normal form. He makes his best, quietest effort to unlock the window and slip through it back outside.

OOC: This seems ill-advised, but... Jax is a kobold!

Luinnar

First Post
The locking mechanism clicks open as Jax quickly and quietly unlocks the window. He stealthily slips into the bushes outside and makes his way back to the party unnoticed.

Dekana

Explorer
Jax finally returns to the others.

[sblock= dramatization][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0&feature=related"]"It's a trap!"[/ame][/sblock]"It's a trap! There are ghouls waiting by... the... - " He pauses and looks at Sir Exsixten. Maybe it would be best to keep him in the dark for awhile.

"I'll show you where!" Jax beckons for the party to follow and then leads them to the back door. On the way, he reports what he learned while inside (although he forgets to mention exactly where the ghouls are).

He points to the still-open window. "The doors are boarded. But we can get in there."

OOC: Maybe I should tell Sir Exsixten to go through the front door? I'm not sure if he can fit through the window, and I somehow doubt he could do so silently...

Last edited:

Remove ads