• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
Jax rushes straight at the closest hag. With Sir Exsixten protecting Luc and unable to flank, Jax is forced to improvise. "Get ready for it!" he announces half-sarcastically. The kobold crouches to the ground, curls himself almost into a ball, and then leaps upward! He arches his back, lets his tail swirl about erratically, and waves his arms like a madman. He keeps up this spastic dancing for a few seconds.

The hag is obviously distracted by the kobold war dance, so Jax finally lets loose with his blade! He sweeps across the undead's belly to make a deep cut.

[sblock=Jax stat block / actions]Actions
Move: Walk to H21. (Actions subject to change if I run into a hidden ghoul)

Minor: Perfect Feint. Jax gains CA against Hag 1 until the end of his next turn.

Standard: Piercing Strike vs hits Reflex 25 for 24 damage. (1d20+16-2=25, 1d4+6+1+1+4=14, 2d8+3=10)

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold Rogue 6
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 19
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:21, Will:15 -- Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:46/53, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:8/9
Initiative +7
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Shifty, Clever Strike, Piercing Strike
Amulet of Life, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Rat Form, Mocking Strike, Press the Advantage

Combat notes: +1 damage with CA; +2 damage vs bloodied targets; +1 damage vs medium+ targets[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn moves in again (Move to K18) and once more sends thunderous force barreling toward one of the hags. It is pummeled by the blast , and an extra twist of Dorn's dagger is enough to ensure its demise. (Storm Walk hits Hag 1. (I forgot to add the penalty for concealment but it stll hits). Hag takes 11 thunder damage +4 from Andras = 15 total damage. Dorn will use his dagger power to inflict ongoing 5 necrotic damage, thus dooming the hag to death at the start of its next turn).

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 6
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
AC 20, Fort 15, Reflex 18, Will 20 (base defenses)
HP 32/52 Bloodied 26 Surge Value 13, Surges 5/7
Speed 6, Initiative +9

Current Effects
Wild Soul: force (Resist 5 force and ignore first 5 force resistance)
+2 all defenses till end of encounter
attackers take 2d6 damage till end of encounter

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Ice Javelins
USED Moon and the Stars
Deep Shroud
USED Chaotic Defense
USED Deathstalker Dagger
Repulsion Leather Armor

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn stepped forward just a bit, and fired another pair of arrows into the corn. Both of them found their targets, leaving the two sneaky ghouls near the edge of re-death...

[sblock= OOC]
>Move: walk to L14
>Standard: Rapid shot centered at G18, RBA against Skirmisher 1, Skirmisher 2 in order; 1d20+9= 20, 21 (hits both, for 12 damage each)(vs. AC, includes -2 Rapid shot and -2 concealment); rolls http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2936019/;
>Minor: none
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
GM: I messed up about the Skirmishers this round (one sblock had perception too high, one should of appeared when he OA Sir Exsixten), so I'll just tell you where it at this round :)

Skirmisher 2 :H17
Skirmisher 1: H18

Feel free to retcon your post if you want.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras rushes up to the warforged's side. "I see you are injured, sir knight. Fear not, I will protect the, um, damsel on your behalf." He fires an arrow into the field, but it is not one of his better shots.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to K19.
Minor: Inspiring Word on Sir Exsixten, healing surge + 1. God, my healing's so anemic. I'm so used to bards and clerics.
Standard: Risky Shot vs Hag 1. Concealment sucks. Well, Rebounding Longbow time, into Hag 2. No, seriously, concealment can bite me. Oh, haha, Hag 1 is dead anyway. Andras grants CA until the start of his next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 4
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 17 | Passive Insight: 12
AC: 20 | For: 19 | Ref: 17 | Will: 15
HP: 38/41 | Bloodied: 20 | Surge value: 10 | Surges: 7/9
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Risky Shot
Race the Arrow, Staggering Shot
Relentless Wounding
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (0/2), Shake It Off
Rebounding Longbow,
Deathcut Armor, Bracers of Archery, Acrobat Boots

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift four squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:
Granting CA
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
The undead are down but not out. Both skirmisher charge forward. One misses Jax but the other hits Dorn, slicing through his robes. Meanwhile the last Hag gives out a gleeful cackle and fire a bolt of dark energy at Jax, dazing him with the dark energy.

[sblock=actions]
Skirmisher 1:
Move:H20
Standard:Mobile Melee attack: attack Jax (miss) and move to G19 (no OA).

Skirmisher 2:
Move: I17
Mobile Melee attack: attack Dorn (hit 8 damage) and move to I17 (no OA).
Skirmisher 2 takes 7 damage from Dorn's shield and dies.

Hag 2:
Standard: Bolt of Darkness vs Jax, 26 vs will, hit 7 necrotic damage, Jax is dazed EOHag'sNT.
save succeeded
[/sblock]

[sblock=Luc]
The madman Jean Tarascon is out to murder his brother as well as the rest of the party. Luc is frozen with fear and cannot make any actions. It is up to the party to defeat the madman and his minions while protecting the boy. Protecting Luc sucessfully will net you bonus XP.

Luc will not take actions on his own. Any player adjacent to Luc may take him by the hand and move him with them as a move action, both move 3 squares. A adjacent PC may also choose to protect Luc (no action), taking any damage in his stead if Luc is hit. The player takes all the damage, even if the attack would hit Luc but not the player. Damage can be reduced by powers, etc.
[/sblock]

[sblock=combatants]
Ghoul Skirmisher
HP 45; Bloodied 23
AC 17; Fortitude 15; Reflex 17; Will 14; Passive Perception 17
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerability 5 radiant

Ghoul Skirmisher 1: HP 3/45

Ghoul Hag
HP 68; Bloodied 34
AC 20; Fortitude 17; Reflex 18; Will 19; Passive Perception 18

Aura 2: At the start of their turn, each PC in the aura takes 5 psychic damage, -2 all checks and attack rolls until the start of their next turn.

Ghoul Hag 2:HP 14/68

Luc:30/30 AC:15, Fortitude 13; Reflex 13; Will 16, Healing Surges: 2/2
Sir ExSixTen:29/50 (Regen 6 bloodied until the end of the encounter), +2 defenses TsnT
Jax: 37/53 CA against Hag 1 until the end of his next turn, dazed EONT
Brenn: 40/40
Dorn:24/52 (+2 defenses till end of encounter, anyone who attacks Dorn takes 2d6 damage till end of encounter.)
Andras: 39/41grants CA until the start of his next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
The water is impassible.

The cornstalks (north on the map), provide concealment (-2 to melee and ranged attacks) and is difficult terrain. Any character in them may take a minor action to take make a stealth check to become hidden (invisible to anyone with passive perception < stealth roll) EOTN or next attack action. You can take a minor action to make a perception check to increase your perception roll for that turn. Note: This supersedes normal stealth rules.

The walls are impassible. The trees provide no bonuses or penalties.
[/sblock]

GM: Party if up! :)

Attachments

• vsmadman5.jpg
    vsmadman5.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Taking careful aim as he stands over Luc, Andras fires another arrow into the fields. This one hits home, nearly toppling over its target.

[sblock=Actions]I should be in K19. Or I could move there now, as I have the action available.

Standard: Risky Shot vs Hag 2. Hits AC 25 for 12 damage. Grr. Andras grants CA until the start of his next turn.

Should it matter, I'll defend Luc this turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 4
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 17 | Passive Insight: 12
AC: 20 | For: 19 | Ref: 17 | Will: 15
HP: 38/41 | Bloodied: 20 | Surge value: 10 | Surges: 7/9
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Risky Shot
Race the Arrow, Staggering Shot
Relentless Wounding
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (0/2), Shake It Off
Rebounding Longbow,
Deathcut Armor, Bracers of Archery, Acrobat Boots

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift four squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:
Granting CA
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn finishes what Adras started, sending the hag to its end (Storm Walk kills hag).

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 6
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
AC 20, Fort 15, Reflex 18, Will 20 (base defenses)
HP 24/52 Bloodied 26 Surge Value 13, Surges 5/7
Speed 6, Initiative +9

Current Effects
Wild Soul: force (Resist 5 force and ignore first 5 force resistance)
+2 all defenses till end of encounter
attackers take 2d6 damage till end of encounter
bloodied

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Goblin Stompers
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources