[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Gold]It's on a forum so we can just go back an look at the end of each fight for what we have. I've done it for other adventures don't mind doing it for this one either.[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]You maps are good jsb. To me they just need to be a bit bigger. Or higher res so I can blow them up upon my own comp. I'm nearly blind from a disease in my eyes. Seeing just whom I was attacking was rather difficult. Heh. Sorry for the inconvenience.[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc][EDIT]: 3 votes for pooling the found gp/non-magical. If 1 more vote this way I'll pool all of the treasure.

@Circio : You can sell it to Rogar, but remember he's a dwarven merchant/rogue. Something tells me he won't pay 250gp for a "durn golden cup wit jools on it" lol[/sblock]

Last edited:

Circio

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Haha, fair enough about selling to Rogar. I have to agree with Darksteed on the maps. I think I actually brought that up in one of my posts during the fight. The maps look great, but making them bigger would have made them much easier to read.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC]That and making the lines a wee bit darker. Oh and make sure that there's enough space to put a token. I did not like it the last time there were two pirates on one square. ._. so confusing. But hey don't sweat it man.

I second the divide the loot later idea as well.[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I guess we're waiting on son of meepo. H.M.Gimlord has recent activity, but not in character (not necessary unless you want to, i assume you've read the posts).

Once son of meepo posts we'll continue[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Finnean donned the new suit of leather armor. Instantly, he was able to focus his mental power through his aura, fooling others into thinking he blended in with his surrounding.

He was content to follow the others through the weeds as he knew nothing about what to do with them nor did they seem the type to be awed by his winning personality.

Last edited:

jsb420

First Post
”Heave to and maintain!”, cries Rogar. He shouts to the sailors as they lift the dinghy out of the hold (all the while being yelled at by the dwarf). ”We’re dead ‘n th’ water, cap’n!”, shouts Aziim. ”Stand by ta lower Loose Lady!”, responds Rogar, the ship now rigged to the davits. ”Lower away!”.

Once resting beside the Salty Dog, Rogar turns to the assembled group, ”I’ll bring the Salty Dog about ‘n run her out o’ the weeds and back ‘n forth till we see ya. I will - nay we all will be a’ lookin’ fer ya.” He reaches out and hands some glass vials filled with a rose colored liquid. ”Here, take these in case ya run into somethin’ foul. God speed.”

He clasps each of your hands in the manner of humans, then turns away.

[sblock=ooc]Rogar gives each of you one potion of healing [/sblock]

Aboard the floating dinghy, you see a flurry of activity as the sailors jump to work, working the halyards to set the sails. At once, the little wind fills the sails and the Salty Dog begins to come about, picking up speed as it heads further south. Within an hour, the Salty Dog is nothing but a speck off in the distance.

With lazy winds, supplemented with rowing, you continue making your way through the ever thickening seaweed choked waters. Early afternoon, in the distance, you see a shape that looms out of the water.

[sblock=picture]
OYTlO.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Religion Check: (DC 8) – Trained only]You feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand up as you near the shipwreck. Evil and dark energies emanate from within the bowels of that wreck!
[sblock=12+]It has the reek of powerful undead![/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana Check: (DC12) – Trained only]The magical currents flowing in this area seem to coalesce around this wreck.
[sblock=15+]Dark magics surround this vessel. Too powerful for you to comprehend with your current skill level.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Perception Check: (DC 12) – Trained only]There is something visually wrong about the shipwreck in the distance. You can’t quite pinpoint your uneasiness.
[sblock=18+]You see what you think is an arm quickly pull itself back into the rotting ship.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Nature Check: DC (12) – Trained only]The shipwreck appears to be held up by the weeds. You’re unsure if the bottom has rotted out, but you can tell the wood used to build that ship is ancient.[sblock=15+]There is a greasy sheen to the waters near the wreck. A smell of putrescence exudes from a gaping hole in the side of the ship.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Insight Check: (DC 8) – Trained or Untrained]You instinctually have the Fight or Flight response when you see this ship. A great danger lies in that ship, you would do well to avoid it – for now.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Hi. Sorry. Haven't read since the end of the battle yet, and I just got back from dinner after work today, where I cannot post. I don't think I can keep this kind of pace. I don't want to bring everyone else down, but please be patient with me. I'll try to read up as much as I can and post tonight if I get the chance.

I am incapable of posting more than once per day on weekdays. Last week was an exception for me because I was home sick. Sorry if this makes me the last in every round, but I can't help it.

Remove ads