[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc][MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]: no worries. i can go at any pace. Most of my posts are from my iphone hehe. it goes where i goes[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat growls low and long, "That ship is malsvir. Full of evil. I don't like it." The dragonborn sniffs the air, "You can bet that if there's trouble, you'll find the worst of it in that ship." Completely out of character, the warlord makes a suggestion to avoid the hulk, "I propose we stay clear of that wreck, for now. I don't think it's the right time." Far from cowardice, his voice carries a tone of tactical consideration.[sblock=Insight Check]I actually rolled Nature and Arcana for the floating plants

Nature: 1d20=20 Waste of a crit!
Arcana: 1d20-1=11 No dice!

Insight: 1d20=11 (spelled "Insight" wrong in IC).[/sblock]

Circio

First Post
"I'm surprised. It looks like someone besides me has come up with an intelligent idea. I wouldn't have expected that from any of you," Ardens says as he looks over his present company. "We would do well to avoid that place. There is a large amount of magic surrounding that ship. Too large for the likes of you."

[sblock=Arcana]Arcana: 1d20+9=13[/sblock]
[sblock=Insight]Insight: 1d20+8=11[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Wow, a 4 and a 3. Thank god for good bonuses so I actually succeeded on both of those...[/sblock]

treex

First Post
Jesse gasped and grasped, grabbing his chest. His breaths got heavier as ship came into sight and it's aura washed over him.

"This ship is shrouded in evil, dark magics! There are those that do not rest even after death has claimed them, those that walk the land with unfeeling feet." Jesse warned his party.

"The undead..." he whispered, as though afraid that they will overhear him. "Powerful ones!"

"Quickly, we must make haste! Before we get any closer!" frantically, he tells his party to go around it.

[sblock=Rolls]Religion=1d20+10=23
Arcana=1d20+10=19
Insight=1d20+6=26
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] I love the fact that half of these rolls are right up my alley. Finally, all that time spent studying books and tomes will go to use, Jesse! *high five*[/sblock]

DemonicJester

First Post
"Look something is coming out of the ship!" exclaimed Damien "Its coming out of the hole in the ship into the water. I wonder if it has any cause for the tainted water?"

He points to the green liquid making sure that the others spotted its origin from the ship. He notes how old the ship looks and the putrid smell originating from the ship.

With that Damien arms himself with his great bow. What unnatural forces are at work? he ponders as they sail.

[sblock=Nature Check]1d20+7=16[/sblock]
[sblock=Insight Check]1d20+4=8[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*As he aids in rowing the boat out towards the island. He pauses a moment in time. Enough to let the boat glide across the water for a quick minute. His keen eyes narrow as he looks out towards the boat the others speak of. He sniffs the air a couple of times then begins to row once again. He remains quiet for the time being. Rowing away from the ship as the others stated.*

[sblock=Perception]Perception 16[/sblock]

[sblock=jsb]Forgot to ask but was there any arrows left over from the battle with the pirates? If so how many?[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc][MENTION=85506]Darksteed[/MENTION]: i will say you collected the arrows from the dead archers, 24 arrows.[/sblock]

You and your party decide to bypass the hulking ship, mentally marking its location so as to possibly return or your way to rendezvouz with the Salty Dog.

Not long passes before numerous shipwrecks start coming into sight, all in various stages of decay. All are not sea worthy, and lichen grows on most of the surfaces. You can make out reed-boats, massive, half sunken arcs, a three-masted brigantine, masts and spars hanging awry, and an old cog, its single mast shattered. Some radiate negative energies, some appear normal shipwrecks.

Around mid afternoon - heading roughly north-northeast - a narrow land mass can be seen in the distance. A closer look reveals an exposed section of coral sticking out of the green waters. The coral extends to the left and right of you for as far as you can see almost like a natural barrier. You don’t see any opening that the dingy can pass through. One direction is as good as another, so you head due west and eventually find an area that the Loose Lady can barely fit, but it requires everyone to exit the craft.

Standing atop the coral, you notice the jagged stone-like coral is sturdy enough to support you. There is a strange-looking white foam that hugs the coral on both the north and south sides of the coral atoll.

[sblock=Nature Check (DC 12) – Trained only]You have seen this foam before. Some aquatic shellfish secrete a fluid similar to this when spawning[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Tell me your locations on the map. You have landed on the right hand coral atoll.

Roll Initiatives![/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
00X8u.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain, Please Read]Coral Atoll (whitish area): firm ground, not difficult terrain; if knocked prone, that PC takes 1d4 damage in addition to any other damage.

Coral Mounds (C7: D8; G10:H12; J10:L11; U7:V8; Y10:Z11; AB10:AC11): considered difficult terrain.

Submerged Coral (light green area): one square past Coral Atoll is considered to be difficult terrain, this also applies to the area between the two coral atolls. Depth ranging from 1 to 2 feet of water.

Deep Water: Beyond one square from the coral atoll is a 20-foot vertical drop to the sea floor.

Swimming:
Swim or Tread: (as part of movement): DC 10 (calm waters) If swimming north or south, every 2 squares of movement towards the coral atoll will slide you 1 square to the east. If swimming west, you can only move 1/4 speed. If swimming east, double your swimming movement.

Success: you swim equals half your speed

Failure (by 4 or less): you can’t swim any further as part of a movement action, but you are treading water
Failure (by 5 or more): you can’t move any further and you sink 1 square.

*NOTE: The seagrass becomes thicker as you move away from the coral atoll. The DC to swim increases by 2 for each square beyond the start of the Deep Water (EX: DC 10 - 1 sq away from the Submerged Coral; DC 12 - 2 sq away, etc).

**NOTE: There is no Athletics check to climb up onto the difficult terrain of the Submerged Coral areas.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads