[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

treex

First Post
OOC: I don't want to sound panicked but KEEP THOSE CRUSHERS THE !@#$ AWAY FROM ME AND ARDENS. They'll probably drag us into the sea and make us drown or something. I got my eye on you =_=

And didn't some of us spend an action point? I thought we regain only after reaching a milestone thingy. Or are those replenishable?

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I don't want to sound panicked but KEEP THOSE CRUSHERS THE !@#$ AWAY FROM ME AND ARDENS. They'll probably drag us into the sea and make us drown or something. I got my eye on you =_=

And didn't some of us spend an action point? I thought we regain only after reaching a milestone thingy. Or are those replenishable?

[sblock=AP]You gain an action point after each milestone (2 significant encounters) since your last extended rest (you can have more than 1, but can only spend one each encounter).

After an extended rest, your AP total resets to 1.

So those of us that spent one, have one again.[/sblock]

Circio

First Post
[sblock=jsb]The penalty to attack rolls for fire abilities only applies if we are in the water, correct? So if Ardens is standing on the reef, he won't take that penalty?[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc] @Circio : if the target is in the water (which includes the difficult terrain surrounding and between the atolls), then apply the -2 penalty to attacks. if the beastie is on the coral, flame away unimpeded.

I labeled the craud's positions (if in the water or on the atoll). Consider only one FULL square adjacent to the atolls to be submerged coral (i.e. underwater and difficult terrain).[/sblock]

editted

Last edited:

Circio

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Thanks for the clarification. Just one more thing to clarify, since there is a distinct difference between being in the water and not, how are you classifying the squares Impaler and Crusher 2 are standing on, since on the map they're half of the regular land and half the green squares.

If you wouldn't mind, in your next updated post could you simplify this by specifying which ones are currently in the water (like you did for the ones who had cover from the ship last fight)?

Thanks[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
Craud Shrimp Swarm: P8:Q9 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Impaler 1: S7 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Impaler 2: W7 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Impaler 3: P11 (on atoll)
Craud Impaler 4: M12 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Crusher 1: N7 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Crusher 2: W11 (in water; difficult terrain)

Circio

First Post
Although he was expecting something to happen, Ardens was not ready when the creatures suddenly jumped out of the water. He falls into his spellcasting, focusing on the target that popped out directly in front of his group, but the spell fizzles as he is startled by another of the creatures popping out of the water behind him.

[sblock=Actions][sblock=Erupting Flare]At-Will
bullet.gif
Arcane, Fire, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligence vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d10 + Intelligence modifier fire damage, and any creature that ends its turn adjacent to the target before the end of the target’s next turn takes fire damage equal to your Intelligence modifier.[/sblock]
Erupting Flare on Impaler 3: 1d20+4=6 vs Fortitude. MISS

Note: IC says Impaler 2, but that was a typo. Not that it matters since it was a miss regardless, but I was targeting Impaler 3 due to the fact that he is out of the water.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ixen (groan) Cyrus and Damien

Oh and since we're on the topic, I was hoping Ixen can do his roaring thing again =w= Their willpower seems kinda high.[/sblock]

Remove ads