[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Treex don't groan at Gimlord. This adventure is already stupid fast. In most adventures it's usually a post a week. If your lucky a post every four days. We are doing super awesome here.

As for my action. I'm just waiting on the other two to post. Need to see if I can get CA on anything. Flank or otherwise.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Actually, I'm well aware of our speed compared to all the others. :D 200 posts in how many days now? (One encounter ended and starting a new one already!)
But I think it's the fact that we're all excited newbies xD[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat sees the hesitancy in his comrades, "Oh for the love of the Great Dragon's scales!" he rolls his eyes at the lot, "Don't tell me you're afraid of these little thingies! We used to skewer them and roast them over an open fire on the beach back home." The warlord looks curiously around,"OK, who wants to be first on my spit!" The taunt seems to have been understood by the foul crustaceans, because they begin to waver in their advance, "Alright then, seeing no volunteers, I'll decide." The dragonborn draws his sword, "You there! You look good enough to eat!"

With that, the draconic warlord charges at the closest crawdad, dealing it a decent blow.[sblock=Actions]I'm going to assume he stepped out of the boat drawn.
Minor: Dragonfear[sblock=Power Card]
Dragonfearcard-1.png
[/sblock]Target 1: Craud Impailer 1
Attack 1: 1d20+7=19
Target 2: Craud Impailer 2
Attack 2: 1d20+7=23
Target 3: Craud Impailer 3
Attack 3: 1d20+7=27
Target 4: Craud Shrimp Swarm
Attack 4: 1d20+7=9
Target 5: Craud Crusher 1
Attack 5: 1d20+7=9
Target 6: Craud Crusher 2
Attack 6: 1d20+7=20

Minor: Draw sword

Standard: Charge to S8
Target: Craud Impailer 1
Attack: 1d20+7+1(Charge)+2(Combat Advantage)=21 vs. AC for 1d10+5=15 damage
[/sblock]
OOC: Summary:

• Everyone except Craud Impailer 4, Craud Shrimp Swarm, and Craud Crusher 1 is hit, and thus grants CA as well as suffering a -2 to attacks. Both effects last until the end of Ixenvalignat's next turn.
  • Craud Impailer 1 takes 15 damage
[sblock=Ministats]Ixenvalignat
Male Dragonborn Warlord Level 1 Initiative: +0
Speed 5
Passive Perceoption: 10; Passive Insight: 10; Senses: Normal Vision
Draconic Fury: +1 to attack rolls while bloodied
Languages: Draconic, Common
AC: 19; Fortitude; 17; Reflex: 13; Will: 16
HP: 22/22 Bloodied
Surge Value: 5; Surges Left: 8/8
Action Points: 1

At Will Powers:
:bmelee: Melee Basic Attack 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage

:branged: Ranged Basic Attack 1d20 vs. AC
Hit: 1d4 damage

:melee: Wolfpack Tactics 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage and one ally adjacent to Ixenvalignat or the target can shift 1 square as a free action

:melee: Viper's Strike 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage. Effect: If the target shifts before the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from an ally of my choice.

Encounter Powers:
:close: Powerful Warning
Effect:
The target gains +4 power bonus to all defenses against the attack. The target can make a melee basic attack against the enemy as a free action.

Battlefront Shift

Effect: Target shifts speed on initiative roll

:close:Inspiring Word 1 2
Effect: Target within 5 squares spends healing surge for HS value+1d6 hitpoints
Special: Can be used twice per encounter

:close: Dragonfear 1d20+7 vs. Will
Hit:
Target takes -2 to attack rolls and grants Combat Advantage until the end of Ixenvalignat's next turn.

Daily Powers:

:melee: White Raven Onslaught 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10+5 damage and Ixenvalignat slides an adjacent ally 1 square. Until the end of the encounter, whenever Ixenvalignat or an ally within 10 squares of himself makes a succesful attack, the attacker slides an adjacent ally 1 square.
Miss: An ally within 10 squares slides an adjacent ally 1 square on each successful attack for the rest of the encounter.
[/sblock]

DemonicJester

First Post
Damien seeing the beasts spring forth from the water stand unwavering. Hmmm.. interesting I have never hunted giant shell fish before... he pondered. O well first time for everything...

With that he notices a huge crab with giant pincers approaching Cyrus. "Dibs on the big one!" Damien shouts "They are all big ones!" he hears from one of his comrades "Exactly" as Damien sports a big grin.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Disruptive Shot on Craud Crusher 2[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
1d20+10=27, 2d6+5=12
The Craud Crusher 2 will be dazed from Disruptive shot (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Disruptive Shot]Encounter
bullet.gif
Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Ranged weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and you choose for the target to be either immobilized (save ends) or dazed (save ends).
Level 17: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Level 27: 3[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]W.e forum hates me right now so if its poorly formatted I apologize[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC Number 2]Crap! Forgot I had CA so I didn't add the bonus to hit, but more importantly I didn't use my predatory eye encounter power. Too late or can I add it on to the attack rolling a d6 in invisible castle?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*He chuckles to Ixen's comment. Shaking his head lightly then gets into action. He rushes down the gauntlet safely between the pair of giant crabs before turning abouts. Now having the room he needed to move in. He rush back into the fay of things and leaps upon the back of the giant crustacean bringing his blade in between the it's hard carapace exoskeleton.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to Z9

Minor: Predatory Eye
-Target: Craud Crusher 2 (W11)
-Effect: If Cyrus has combat advantage against a target, he deals +1d6 damage on the next attack he makes against that target. He must apply this bonus before the end of his next turn.

Standard: Charging Basic Melee Attack
-Charge: Move to X10
-Attack: +9 vs. AC (Miss; Natural 1 (again); 12) (Only needed a 4 stupid DR ergh)

Action Point: Basic Melee Attack
-Attack: +10 vs. AC (Hit; 15) (Wow just barely hit)
-Damage: 1d10+5 damage + 1d10 Assassin's Strike + 1d8 Attack Finesse + 2d6 Sneak Attack + 1d6 Predatory Eye (31 damage)

No Action: Assassin’s Strike
-Target: The creature Cyrus hit. (Craud Crusher 2)
-Trigger: Cyrus hit a creature within 5 squares of himself with an attack using a weapon.
-Effect: The target takes 1d10 extra damage from the triggering attack. If the target is helpless, this damage is maximized.

No Action: Sneak Attack
-Effect: When Cyrus makes an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hits an enemy granting combat advantage to him, that enemy takes 2d6 extra damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cyrus]Cyrus- Male Khan Executioner 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 15

AC: 19, Fort: 13, Reflex: 17, Will: 11

Initiative: +5, Speed: 6

HP: 26/26, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 9/9

Powers-
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Action Point [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Predatory Eye [X]
Second Wind [ ]
Sneak Attack [X]

Carrion Crawler Brain Juice [ ]

Arrows 83/84[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
Reef(er) Madness – Round 1

[sblock=ooc]Shrimp scampi, BBQ shrimp, sautéed shrimp, grilled shrimp, gumbo shrimp, shrimp kabobs, butterfly shrimp, coconut shrimp… [REF: Forrest Gump][/sblock]

Although he was expecting something to happen, Ardens was not ready when the creatures suddenly jumped out of the water. He falls into his spellcasting, focusing on the target that popped out directly in front of his group, but the spell fizzles as he is startled by another of the creatures popping out of the water behind him.

Ixenvalignat sees the hesitancy in his comrades, "Oh for the love of the Great Dragon's scales!" he rolls his eyes at the lot, "Don't tell me you're afraid of these little thingies! We used to skewer them and roast them over an open fire on the beach back home." The warlord looks curiously around,"OK, who wants to be first on my spit!" The taunt seems to have been understood by the foul crustaceans, because they begin to waver in their advance, "Alright then, seeing no volunteers, I'll decide." The dragonborn draws his sword, "You there! You look good enough to eat!" With that, the draconic warlord charges at the closest crawdad, dealing it a decent blow.

Damien notices a huge crab with giant pincers approaching Cyrus. "Dibs on the big one!" Damien shouts "They are all big ones!" he hears from one of his comrades "Exactly" as Damien sports a big grin.

Cyrus rushes down the gauntlet safely between the pair of giant crabs before turning abouts. Now having the room he needed to move in. He rush back into the fay of things and leaps upon the back of the giant crustacean bringing his blade in between it's hard carapace exoskeleton.

The boiling mass of shrimp-like creatures surges up onto the right atoll. Ixenmalignat swings at it, displacing it briefly but his attack seems ineffective against the whole mass. Heedless of Ixen’s attack, the swarm descends onto Damien, engulfing him.

The shrimp creatures close in and attack. The dazed creature, rears up and makes a stab at Ardens, then tries to shake its confusion and fails.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Craud Shrimp Swarm: moves to R9:S10, OA from Ixen (MBA vs swarm opp atk (1d20+7=25, 1d10+7=16) – hit for 8 (half damage). Attack Damien: attacks Damien vs REF 1d6+5 and ongoing 3 (save ends). (1d20+7=22, 1d6+5=7) hit for 7 and ongoing 3 (save ends).
Craud Impaler 1: Impale (encounter) vs. Ixen (+CA)(-2 to atk): impale against Ixen vs. REF; 1d4+4 and ongoing 5 damage (save ends) (1d20+10+2-2=17, 1d4+4=6) just barely hits
Craud Impaler 2: moves to X9; Impale (encounter) vs. Cyrus (-2 to atk): impale against Cyrus vs REF; 1d4+4 and ongoing 5 damage (save ends) (1d20+7-2=8, 1d4+4=5) misses
Craud Impaler 3: moves to V12 (swimming under Loose Lady)
Craud Impaler 4:moves to Q11
Craud Crusher 1: Charges Ixen (-2 to atk): charges Ixen: MBA 1d8+4 and grabbed (1d20+9=12, 1d8+4=11) misses (I even forgot to put penalty)
Craud Crusher 2: Hammerclaw (encounter) vs Ardens : Hammerclaw against Ardens vs. REF (reach 2); 1d10+4 and push 2, knock prone (+1d4) (1d20+7=9, 1d10+4=9, 1d4=4) miss. save vs daze (1d20=5) fail

[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain, Please Read]Coral Atoll (whitish area): firm ground, not difficult terrain; if knocked prone, that PC takes 1d4 damage in addition to any other damage.

Coral Mounds (C7: D8; G10:H12; J10:L11; U7:V8; Y10:Z11; AB10:AC11): considered difficult terrain.

Submerged Coral (light green area): Consider one FULL square adjacent to the Coral Atoll to be underwater and difficult terrain, this also applies to the area between the two coral atolls. Depth ranges from 1 to 2 feet of water.

Deep Water: Beyond one square from the coral atoll is a 20-foot vertical drop to the sea floor.

Swimming:
Swim or Tread: (as part of movement): DC 10 (calm waters) If swimming north or south, every 2 squares of movement towards the coral atoll will slide you 1 square to the east. If swimming to the west, you can only move 1/4 speed. If swimming east, double your swimming movement.

Success: you swim half your speed

Failure (by 4 or less): you can’t swim any further as part of a movement action, but you are treading water
Failure (by 5 or more): you can’t move any further and you sink 1 square.

*NOTE: The sea grass becomes thicker as you move away from the coral atoll. The DC to swim increases by 2 for each square beyond the start of the Deep Water (EX: DC 10 - 1 sq away from the Submerged Coral; DC 12 - 2 sq away, etc).

**NOTE: There is no Athletics check to climb up onto the difficult terrain of the Submerged Coral areas.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
wJDLi.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Locations:
Finnean: T10
Ixenmalignat: S8
Cyrus: X10
Damien: T9
Ardens: U9
Jesse: U8 (on coral mound, difficult terrain)

Craud Shrimp Swarm: R9:S10 (on atoll)
Craud Impaler 1: S7 (in water; difficult terrain) grants CA and -2 to attacks end of Ixen’s next turn
Craud Impaler 2: X9 (on atoll) grants CA and -2 to attacks end of Ixen’s next turn
Craud Impaler 3: V12 (in water; difficult terrain) grants CA and -2 to attacks end of Ixen’s next turn
Craud Impaler 4: Q11 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Crusher 1: R8 (in water; difficult terrain)
Craud Crusher 2: W11 (in water; difficult terrain) grants CA and -2 to attacks end of Ixen’s next turn; DAZED (save ends)

[sblock=Notes on Aquatic Combat]*Any power that has the keyword FIRE takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls. Damage rolls are unaffected. NOTE: the target must be in the water for this penalty.

*While swimming or submerged: -2 to melee attack rolls with non spear-type melee or ranged weapons or crossbow-type ranged weapons.
[/sblock]

Craud Shrimp Swarm: HP 48/56; Resist half damage from melee/ranged attacks; Vulnerable 10 to close/blast attacks; AC 17, FORT 15, REF 15, WILL 14; MBA Swarm of Mandibles: +7 vs. Ref; 1d6+4 and ongoing 3 damage (save ends).
[sblock=pics]
zXhV3.jpg
No7fk.jpg
[/sblock]

Craud Impaler: HP 51; AC 17, FORT 15, REF 15, WILL 13; MBA Claw: +8 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage;
Impaler 1: 36/51; Impale
Impaler 2: 51/51; Impale
Imapler 2: 51/51; Impale
Impaler 4: 51/51; Impale
[sblock=pic]
ldlTP.jpg
[/sblock]

Craud Crusher: HP 70; AC 15, FORT 16, REF 16, WILL 15; MBA Claw: +9 vs. AC; 1d8+4 damage and grabbed (until escape)
Crusher 1: 70/70; Hammerclaw
Crusher 2: 27/70; Hammerclaw, BLOODIED
[sblock=Escape]Action: Move action
Acrobatics DC 16
Athletics DC 16
Success: escape and shift 1 square[/sblock]
[sblock=pic]
2bGYZ.jpg
[/sblock]

Finnean: 24/24; HS 7/7; AP 1; Status
Ixenvalignat: 16/22; HS 8/8; AP 1; Status Ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
Cyrus: 26/26; HS 9/9; AP 1; Status
Damien: 21/28; HS 9/9; AP 1; Status Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx; Ongoing 3 (save ends)
Ardens: 26/26; HS 9/9; AP 1; Status
Jesse: 23/23; HS 7/7; AP 1; Status
[/sblock]

treex

First Post
The scuffle had started and sword had pierced crustacean flesh long before Jesse realized what was going on. Jesse lashes out instinctively turns around and lashes out at the creatures behind him, less worried about the ones in front. His allies can deal with them.
Shadow tendrils burst forth and cling to the over sized lobsters, pulling them down and fooling their crustacean mind.

"That was lucky~ I'm still unharmed. Thanks to your arms, friends!"

[sblock=Actions]Standard Action: Grasping Shadows (burst 1)@ V12
1d20+7=18,25 Both hit for 7 psychic damage[/sblock]

OOC: Summary:
  • Craud Crusher 2 and Craud Impaler 3 take 7 psychic damage and is slowed, takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against Jesse and grants combat advantage to Jesse until the end of his next turn.
  • A zone of Grasping Shadows is created from T11 till W13
  • Any creature entering this zone takes 5 psychic damage and is slowed UEONT. As such please show it in the next map update to avoid any confusion.

[sblock=OOC]I find Gimlord's format to be VERY efficient, as such I shall try to use it as well, hope you don't mind?
Checking up the rules for movement and all that, might edit a move action in. Oh, and can we make monster knowledge checks?
Map link is working for me.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-stats]Status:
Jesse Tey’un – Tiefling Wizard
Init: +0 Speed: 6
Passive Perception:11; Passive Insight: 16
AC: 15 Fort 12 Ref 16 Will 15
HP: 23/23 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 5 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Elven
Str:8 Dex:10 Wis:13 Con:13 Int:20 Cha:15

Powers:
Ghost Sound
Light
Magic Missile
Phantom Bolt
Phantasmal Assault
Suggestion
Infernal Wrath
Grasping Shadows
Second Wind
(Illusory Obstacles -Spellbook)
Phantom Chasm
Cloak of Resistance +1
(Horrid Whispers – Spellbook)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*Cyrus ducks and weaves past the fray he was in. He rolls out to on side. Quickly getting back up to his feet. He is agile and swift. His speed and footwork getting the batter of the slower crabs. He feints to the side and then brings in a blows to one of the Craud Impaler's legs, except instead the fates yet again mock him. The blade simply bouncing off the Craud's thick carapace.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to Y9

Standard: Quick Lunge
-Effect: Cyrus shifts 1 square before the attack. (Shift to Y8)
-Target: Craud Impaler 2 (X9)
-Attack: +11 vs. AC (Miss; Natural 1 (AGAIN!); 12)

Minor: Flip the Bird to the DR!!![/sblock]

[sblock=Cyrus]Cyrus- Male Khan Executioner 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 15

AC: 19, Fort: 13, Reflex: 17, Will: 11

Initiative: +5, Speed: 6

HP: 26/26, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 9/9

Powers-
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Action Point [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Predatory Eye [X]
Second Wind [ ]
Sneak Attack [X]

Carrion Crawler Brain Juice [ ]

Arrows 83/84[/sblock]

[sblock=Ardens]Shifted out of the way for you to blast a nice Burning Hands across the lot of them to your right.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I'm not using that P.O.S. dice roller any more. I've always had problems with it and I'm not gonna use it anymore. Going back to the house roller.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Finnean tries to pull away from the swarm, but several hundred of the tiny creatures had already rushed over him. As he tumbled back, he crushed a few dozen, but it was like roll over razor blades. His injuries do not impede his attack, as he finds a gap in the chitinous plates of the crusher, finishing it.

Finnean takes a moment to let his psychic energy heal his wounds and the bleeding wounds are soon closed.

[sblock=actions]Move: V10 (Craud Swarm gets OA)
Standard: Opening Move vs Craud Crusher 2
Minor: Ardent Surge on self.[/sblock]

[sblock=rolls]OA vs Reflex (1d20+7=27)
Opening Move (1d20+7+2=23, 2d6+2d8+4=24)
Healing (1d6=6)
Saving Throw (1d20=19)[/sblock]

[sblock=Opening Move]Encounter
bullet.gif
Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a light blade.
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Effect: You gain a power bonus to AC and Reflex equal to your Charisma modifier until the end of your next turn.
Artful Dodger: The defense bonus equals 2 + your Charisma modifier.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ardent Surge]ncounter (Special)
bullet.gif
Healing, Psionic
Minor Action Close burst 5 (10 at 16th level)
Target: You or one ally
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain 1d6 additional hit points.
Mantle of Clarity: The target gains a +1 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.[/sblock]

OOC: Finnean moves to V10.
Craud Swarm crits Finnean for 10 damage and ongoing 3 damage
Finnean hits Craud Crusher 2 for 24 damage, killing it.
Finnean gains a +6 power bonus to AC and Reflex until EONT.
Finnean heals himself for 12.
Finnean gains a +1 untyped bonus to all defenses until EONT.
Finnean save against his ongoing damage.

[sblock=Immediate]Finnean will use Second Chance on this first hit vs AC or Reflex from a non-minion, a crit from a non-minion, or a hit from a non-minion while bloodied.[/sblock]

[sblock=Finnean Fairhand]Status:

Finnean Fairhand - Level 1 Rogue|Ardent
Init: +4 Speed: 6
Passive Perception:12; Passive Insight: 12
AC: 24 (32 OA) Fort 14 (16 OA) Ref 22 (24 OA) Will 16 (18 OA)
HP: 24/24 Surges: 6/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Elven
Str:8 Dex:18 Wis:14 Con:12 Int:10 Cha:18

Powers:
Impetuous Ruin
Sly Flourish

Second Chance
Opening Move
Second Wind

Mental Turmoil[/sblock]

Remove ads