• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=OOC]You kinda got in the way of a burning hands I set up for Ardens. Everyones too clustered for him to get it off the other way. Kinda way I double shifted off to the side instead of attacking and killing the Craud (not like I would of hit with the way I've been rolling). Though setting each other up is idle for all. Where it's good that you killed him and lowered there damage out put but Ardens could of damaged all three of them. Now not so much with you in the way. Unless your cool with him blasting over you. Let's all try to use some tactics together as that we all come out of this with minimal damage as possible.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=Tactics]Well, I blew my encounter already. So on my next turn I'll try and push whatever back into the shadows and delay it for another turn. After that, I'll cast Phantasmal Assaults on whichever seems having Combat Advantage against is best. Then I'm hoping I can be a semi-leader, granting CA for you all to focus fire.[/sblock]

[sblock=Below]It's not a big deal that you swooped in for the kill really. Either way, now it's way more obvious which way he should be blasting, that is, the left side. And the whole swarm thing, I checked and I only have burst 1's, which I believe, does not grant additional damage, yes?[/sblock]

[sblock=Ixen and Ardens]So, now the question remains, should Ardens blast while having CA, or should Ixen get out of the way first?[/sblock]

[sblock=Further Below(lol)]Oh, I thought that it was granted to blasts only. Eitherway, I was afraid of missing and wasting my encounter, so I threw it to the right (both granted CA)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=tactics]Actually, I understood your tactic, I simply disagreed with it and chose to disregard it. When there is a swarm on the board those with area/close attacks should focus on those above all others. He gets 10 extra damage against them (and burning hands is guaranteed damage). He can target at least 2 creatures (including the swarm and more if Ixen moves.

Finnean's shift gave Arden a better place to move for this spell in my opinion.[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I thought Ardens got hammered with the hammerclaw and was knocked prone. I reread it and it seems I was mistaken. So that's why I went with the right side and getting out of the way. Stand up and blast. Where as the left side would require him to have three people move out of the way and one of them take 3 OAs to get clear for a full blast. Though that's not need now as he never got hit. My bad.[/sblock]

[sblock=Treex]Burst or blasts on the swarm to extra damage. Doesn't matter the size 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, etc. Just hit it with either of those and your good to get the extra damage.[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I am assuming Ixen will be last to post so everyone can take advantage of his dragonfear.

So that means we're waiting for Damien and Ardens[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Ixen and Ardens]So, now the question remains, should Ardens blast while having CA, or should Ixen get out of the way first?[/sblock]
[sblock=Ixen and Ardens]This is a dilemma, since Ixenvalignat only has 10hp left, and the Burning Hands will almost kill him outright on a crit.

Problem is, that with reflexes in the 15&16 range, these guys are going to be hard for Ardens' +4 vs. Ref to hit without CA.

Alternative Ideas:

Idea #1: Move to T11 (won't provoke OA) and get the swarm and impailer 4 without hitting Ixenvalignat. Not as great as the 4 enemies you would get in the blast if you hit Ixenvalignat.

Idea #2: Use Fountain of Flame instead of Burning Hands. The good news is that it saves Ixenvalignat from the damage because it only targets enemies. The bad news is that it's a daily, and it's CB1, so you only get 3 of them.

In the end, CA is too valuable for Ardens, so Ixenvalignat is going last.

It'll be up to Circio to decide what actions he takes. I'm cool with whatever. It's not like I don't have an IW and SW left. If Ixenvalignat survives the attack, I can always heal up to where I was. Plus, if I go down, then perhaps Finnean can help me out next round.

I think I should overhaul Ixenvalignat's encounter power into one that actually does damage (none of his do).[/sblock]

Circio

First Post
[sblock=Tactics]I'm going to blow my encounter to hit everything on the left side of the map (sorry HM). If I do take Ixen down with the attack, I plan to move up and use my AP to make a heal check to allow Ixen to spend his SW. I'm just waiting for Damien to move out of the way.

That said, thanks for trying to work together to set me up guys. :)[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Plus, if I go down, then perhaps Finnean can help me out next round.[/sblock]

OOC: Finnean has already used his one and only healing power for this encounter on himself, so there isn't much he can do but watch you bleed. (Well, he can try a heal check at +2 to activate your second wind, but that's probably not his best tactic. Remember that you get +2 to all defenses against OAs whenever you are within 5 squares of Finnean, should you need to move out of melee.

Remove ads