• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

treex

First Post
After Rogar finishes proposing his intentions to the group Damien speaks "If there is something on that island, it has probably been isolated for a while with this environment."

"There is magic at work. Those plants are not natural. Someone is guarding something." Jesse said curtly.

"I suppose it would be better if we went alone. The Salty Crew won't last long in combat anyway."

[sblock=OOC]Oh, and what about resting and stuff? Short rest/extended rest? If short rest, spend 1 surge to pop back to full.[/sblock]

DemonicJester

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Actually its been 2+ days since the pirates attacked (I think) so thus we should be at full with all dailies and encounters back[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=DemonicJester] color change...done![/sblock]

[sblock=Treex]Like Demonic said, it’s been a couple of days of game-time. The only PC really hurt was Ixen and he can heal himself. So everyone is well rested, at full health and full powers, and with new trinkets!

RE: treasure: I gave everyone something specific, gold can be split as the party seems fit[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Just waiting for everyone to catch up on reading and to provide any roleplaying if you’d like. The next section is completed. Maps will be better promise![/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
A battered old albatross with several broken wing feathers glides to a rest across one of the ships yardarms. There is a querulous, complaining note in his cry.

[sblock=ooc]Holy cow, you guys are fast! I guess I'll judge this, if I can keep up!

So, about the XP, and unapproved status. The Charter says that you can't be awarded XP until you're approved, but... I don't think we've ever had anyone actually miss out on XP due to not being approved yet, especially when the reason for lack of approval is that the queue is backed up. Usually the way we avoid it is that the DM will keep an eye on things, and avoid awarding XP until all the approvals are in.
It would be silly for you guys to miss XP on a technicality, so I'm going to invoke another technicality: technically, the XP isn't actually awarded until it's approved by a judge. So, I'm going to withhold approval for the XP award for the moment, until we sort out these character approvals. I don't think any of you guys would have leveled up from this award anyway, would you?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Yes, well. We're mostly (if not entirely) fresh meat. So 300+ XP won't get us anywhere near a level up. Also, I thought about it over again. I realized someone with a good bluff check should take the goblet.

And Jesse has no one to interact with xD[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Jesse Tey’un – Tiefling Wizard
Init: +0 Speed: 6
Passive Perception:11; Passive Insight: 16
AC: 15 Fort 12 Ref 16 Will 15
HP: 23/23 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 5 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Elven
Str:8 Dex:10 Wis:13 Con:13 Int:20 Cha:15

Powers:
Ghost Sound
Light
Magic Missile
Phantom Bolt
Phantasmal Assault
Suggestion
Infernal Wrath
Grasping Shadows
Second Wind
(Illusory Obstacles -Spellbook)
Phantom Chasm
Cloak of Resistance +1
(Horrid Whispers – Spellbook)
[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Correct. No one is able to level up yet. I'll keep track of all XP until approvals are met.

Thanks for judging![/sblock]

Circio

First Post
Ardens watches the seaweed in the water and notices the way the seaweed is seeming to gather around the ship.

Arcana check: 20+9=26

Upon further examination of the seaweed, he realizes that there is indeed some magic acting on the seaweed. It is obvious that this was meant to keep travelers away from the island. Someone, or something on that island, does not want to be disturbed.

With that thought in mind, he climbs into the small craft.

[sblock=jsb]Since it's harder to split treasure like the goblet in a non-persistent party with an adventure that's not taking place in town, can we sell the goblet to someone, say Rhogar, for an equivalent amount of gold that can be easily split?[/sblock]
[sblock=covaithe]
Holy cow, you guys are fast! I guess I'll judge this, if I can keep up!

So, about the XP, and unapproved status. The Charter says that you can't be awarded XP until you're approved, but... I don't think we've ever had anyone actually miss out on XP due to not being approved yet, especially when the reason for lack of approval is that the queue is backed up. Usually the way we avoid it is that the DM will keep an eye on things, and avoid awarding XP until all the approvals are in.
It would be silly for you guys to miss XP on a technicality, so I'm going to invoke another technicality: technically, the XP isn't actually awarded until it's approved by a judge. So, I'm going to withhold approval for the XP award for the moment, until we sort out these character approvals. I don't think any of you guys would have leveled up from this award anyway, would you?
No one would have leveled from this. Everyone in this party is a fresh character and this is the first encounter of the campaign, so it's not going to make a difference if the experience is temporarily withheld pending character approvals.

That said, I'm going to start going through all of the characters in this campaign and look over their character sheets. Damien and I are already approved and I have already looked at Jesse (see my newest update on that on your wiki page treex). I'll get to the others as soon as I can, but we'll still need a judge for the other approvals.

Edit: ninja'd by treex and jsb.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Gold]My vote is to divide gold/non-magical loot at the end of the adventure. Just compile and divide later. We can't spend it now anyways.[/sblock]

Remove ads