• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Maybe we should consider using a tool like Ditzie for our maps. I've found it very helpful in the games I run.
OOC: Have you tried MapTool. It's a little complicated, but well worth the learning curve, even if all you use it for is map building. It's on a cloud so that could prove difficult if you drift from computer to computer, but I've found no VTT that beats it yet.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: The advantage of Ditzie is that players can move their own tokens on the map. As long as players are vigilant about posting the link to the updated map, then you always know exactly where everyone is. You can even apply your own forced movement effects to other tokens. It's pretty much just like playing on a physical battle map.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: It looks like the boards are pretty quiet in general. I've been MIA on Land Ho for a long time because I only have enough time for action posts. DM updates always take longer, and I haven't had an hour or so to sit down in the last 1.5 weeks. If I were DM, I'd RP Jesse and move on to the next round, but that's your call

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Another problem I've noticed is a lack of consistency in getting update emails. I visit the site often, but sometimes don't get an email that there has been a new post when I should. But if you PM'ed him, it shouldn't be an issue.

For NPC'd turns I try to stick with at wills. He has one that causes creatures to grant CA which is really good for several of us.

jsb420

First Post
Round 5 – Beach Party

[sblock=Previous Rounds] Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4[/sblock]

GM: Damien (NPC’d)
Free: -
Move: O18>U18 (provoke OA) (dead one 3 MBA against Damien (AC 16): +9 vs. AC; 2d6+2: 1d20+9=27, 2d6+2=10 HIT for 10)
Minor: Predatory Eye against Deathlock zombie
Standard: Clever Shot against Deathlock Wight (AA17): +8 vs. AC; 2d6+4+1d6: 1d20+8+2=13, 2d6+4=9, 1d6=6 MISS

Finnean decides that Ixen needs his help more than Cyrus. He tumbles past the zombie, narrowly ducking under its backhand swipe. He focuses his psychic attack through his blade, but has trouble piercing the mind of the walking dead. (MISS)

Ixenvalignat throws off the dead one with surge of new found strength (actually, it was a brief burst of self-esteem inspired by a self-help scroll he had recently read), "Back evil thing!" A swing and a miss! (ESCAPE & MISS)

Cyrus, growing frustrated at continuously missing his prey, growls lowly. With quick feet he dances about the wight hoping to confuse it enough to get his strike in. When the time is right he lunges forwards once again and lashes out at the Wight with his dagger. (HIT)

GM: Jesse (NPC’d)
Move: -
Minor: -
Standard: Phantasmal Assault against Dead One 3 (O17): +5 vs. Will; 1d8+5 psychic damage and the target grants CA TENT. -2 to hit Jesse TENT: 1d20+5=18, 1d8+4=6 HIT for 6 psychic damage

The dead one takes a psychic bolt from Jesse, and instead of rushing towards the tiefling, it vaguely remembers seeing another walking meat (i.e. Damien) passing it by, and as is normal for unthinking beasts, it chases after the bugbear, landing a vicious hit. (HIT)

The dead one reels from the attack from the diminutive halfling, it swings its arm at Finnean, hitting the unsuspecting little fellow mightily (HIT)

The wight stands and with contempt, it launches a bolt of necrotic energies at Cyrus, but it flies wide of its mark. (MISS)

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Dead One 1:
Dead One 2:
Dead One 3 (T17): Move: O17>P17; Standard: Charge P17>T17 MBA (Slam) against Damien (AC 16): +9 vs. AC; 2d6+2 damage: 1d20+9=29, 2d6+2=8 CRIT for 14 damage (ouch)

Dead One 4 (X16): Standard: MBA (Slam) against Finnean (AC 17): +9 vs. AC; 2d6+2 damage: 1d20+9-1=19, 2d6+2=12 HIT for 12 damage; FREE: Saved (ROLL

Deathlock Wight (AA17): Move: stand from prone; Standard: Grave Bolt against Cyrus (REF 18); +9 vs. REF; 1d6+4 and immobilized (save ends): 1d20+9=10, 1d6+4=7 (MISS) I forgot Ixen’s effect, -2 to hit, but it still misses.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map & Terrain]
yJSVT.jpg

Illumination: Pale green light provides dim light
Shore: littered with debris; difficult terrain
Water: From the shore out 3 squares, the water comes up to a medium-sized creature’s knees, any further and you must swim
Jungle: inside first 2 squares: provides cover and is difficult terrain; 3+ squares: blocking terrain
Shipwreck: difficult terrain; Climb: Athletics check DC 10; 10 feet high (2 squares)
Rocks (under shipwreck): difficult terrain; if knocked prone, extra 1d4 falling damage[/sblock]

[sblock=Participants]Zombie: 54/54 hp; AC 18, FORT 17, REF 14, WILL 14; +9 vs. AC; 2d6+2 damage, or 1d12+4 against a grabbed target; Zombie Grab: +6 vs. REF; target is grabbed. Immune disease, poison, Resist 10 necrotic, Vulnerable 5 radiant; Zombie Weakness (a crit kills it instantly)
[sblock=pic]
VdobB.jpg
[/sblock]
Dead One 1:
Dead One 2:
Dead One 3 (T17): 48/54 hp
Dead One 4 (X16): 23/54 hp; STATUS: SAVED

Deathlock Wight: 63/63; AC 18; FORT 15; REF 16; WILL 17; (MBA) +10 vs. AC; 1d6+1 necrotic damage, and lose 1 healing surge; Grave Bolt (RBA): Range 20, +9 vs. Ref; 1d6+4 and immobilized (save ends). MINOR: Reanimate: range 10, non-minions only; raises a destroyed undead creature with bloodied value hit points; Immune disease, poison, Resist 10 necrotic, Vulnerable 5 radiant
[sblock=pic]
UnHp3.jpg
[/sblock]
Deathlock Wight (AA14): 36/63 hp; Status: Grants Combat Advantage and -2 to its attacks (Ixen);

Finnean (Y16): 12/24; HS 3+2/7; AP 1 ; Ardent Surge [1] ; Status:
Ixenvalignat (W16): 19/22; HS 1+2/8; AP 1 ; Inspiring Word [1] [2]; Status: ESCAPED
Cyrus (AC17): 22/26; HS 5+1/9; AP 1 ; Status: +1 to all defenses TENT (Finnean)
Jesse (G20): 23/23; HS 4+2/7; AP 1+1; Potion of Healing; Status:
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] Damien (V18): 11/28; HS 5+1/9; AP 1+1; Second Wind; Status: Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx [/sblock]

GM: Summary:
Finnean: hit for 12 damage; BLOODIED
Ixenvalignat: escaped
Cyrus: missed
Damien: OA takes 10 dmg; CRIT for 14 damage; BLOODIED
Jesse: -

GM: Damien (NPC’d) – Round 6
Minor: -
Standard: Second Wind (+2 to defenses TSNT)
Move: shift U18>V18

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Immediate Interrupt]Finnean will use his Second Chance against the attack that just hit him.[/sblock]

Finnean tries to dodge the zombie's attack while he rolls with the blow. His rapier pierces the side of the dead one, nearly incapacitating it.

[sblock=actions]Move: Shift to X17.
Standard: Sly Flourish (1d20+7+2=21, 2d6+1d8+8=19)[/sblock]

OOC: Finnean uses his Second Chance racial power.
Finnean hits Dead One 4 for 19 damage.

Remove ads