• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

jsb420

First Post
GM: [MENTION=85506]Darksteed[/MENTION]: it took me a while but Ixen double moved then charged to get close enough to attack (convert standard>move)

treex

First Post
Jesse's focus shattered as he summoned shadows to tie down the Dead One. The shadows licked harmlessly
at it's undead skin. The tiefling redoubled it's efforts to try and grab something else with the shadows, but there were no other targets.

[sblock=Actions]Action: Grasping Shadows @ Dead One 3
1d20+5 VS 14 = 13 Missed!

Move: None[/sblock]

OOC: Summary:
Grasping Shadows from to N15 > P17 (deals 5 damage to all those that enter and slows)
The attack missed.

Last edited:

jsb420

First Post
Round 4 – Beach Party

[sblock=Previous Rounds] Round 1
Round 2
Round 3[/sblock]

Finnean slips his rapier into the back of the flanked zombie, hoping it's hunger will towards a badly wounded Ixenvalignant will provide a momentary distraction. The tip of the blade manages to narrowly slide between the zombies vertebra, severing it's spinal cord. The zombie, unable to control its limbs collapses to the ground. Finnean rushes past the other zombie in order to help Cyrus. The zombie scratches Finnean on the shoulder as he runs past, but does not cause significant injury. Closer to Cyrus, Finnean focuses his psychic energy into his aura helping cure some of his wounds. (CRIT & takes OA – HIT)

GM: Damien (NPC’d)
Move: i18>O18
Standard: Disruptive Shot against Deathlock Wight (AA17): 1d20+8=17, 2d6+4=12 MISS for 6 damage and Deathlock wight is slowed TENT (Damien)
-Action Point-
Standard: Clever Shot against Deathlock wight (AC 18): +8 vs. AC; 2d6+4 damage and knocked prone: 1d20+8=21, 2d6+4=12 HIT for 12 damage and Deathlock wight is knocked prone.

Deathlock Wight takes 18 damage and is slowed TENT (Damien) and prone

Cyrus gets blindsided by the re-risen zombie off to his side. He grunts and snarls in pain as the zombie slams into him hard. He rolls off to his side and springs back to his feet before glaring down at the fallen wight. He lunges forwards and pounces upon his fallen prey, slashing downwards upon it with his blade. (MISS)

Seeing the foe in front of him drop, and his Cyrus far ahead, by himself, Ixenvalignat decides to lend the khan some help, "I'm on my way Cyrus!" The dragonborn attempts to generate an imposing visage as he bounds across the beach, but only, barely manages to reach is target, "Con.. *huff* ...founded... *puff* ...sand!" Out of breath, his sword glances uselessly off the zombie in front of him. Some distance away, the Weight, though knocked down by Cyrus' attack, erupts into an uncontrollable fit of laughter at the dragonborn's ineptitude. (Dragon Fear: hit & miss; MISS)

Jesse's focus shattered as he summoned shadows to tie down the Dead One. The shadows licked harmlessly at its undead skin. The tiefling redoubled its efforts to try and grab something else with the shadows, but there were no other targets. (MISS)

One zombie sees Damien near it, so it lashes out at him. The other zombie engages the dragonborn in front of it. (MISS & GRAB)

The wight reels under the barrage of the hero’s attacks. It stands and strikes at Cyrus. (MISS)

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Dead One 1:
Dead One 2:
Dead One 3 (O17): Move: shift O16>O17; MBA (Zombie Grab) against Damien (REF 15): +6 vs. REF; the target is grabbed: 1d20+6=13 MISS

Dead One 4 (X16): Standard: MBA (zombie grab) against Ixen (REF 13): +6 vs. REF; the target is grabbed until escape: 1d20+6=17 (HIT & GRABBED)
[sblock=Escape from Grab]Your Athletics Check vs. dead one’s FORTITUDE (17) or your Acrobatics Check vs. dead one’s REFLEX (14)[/sblock]

Deathlock Wight (AA17): MOVE: stand; Standard: MBA (Claw) against Cyrus (AC 20): +10 vs. AC; 1d6+1 necrotic damage and lose 1 healing surge: 1d20+9-2=18, 1d6+1=5 MISS
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map & Terrain]
kOPbL.jpg

Illumination: Pale green light provides dim light
Shore: littered with debris; difficult terrain
Water: From the shore out 3 squares, the water comes up to a medium-sized creature’s knees, any further and you must swim
Jungle: inside first 2 squares: provides cover and is difficult terrain; 3+ squares: blocking terrain
Shipwreck: difficult terrain; Climb: Athletics check DC 10; 10 feet high (2 squares)
Rocks (under shipwreck): difficult terrain; if knocked prone, extra 1d4 falling damage[/sblock]

[sblock=Participants]Zombie: 54/54 hp; AC 18, FORT 17, REF 14, WILL 14; +9 vs. AC; 2d6+2 damage, or 1d12+4 against a grabbed target; Zombie Grab: +6 vs. REF; target is grabbed. Immune disease, poison, Resist 10 necrotic, Vulnerable 5 radiant; Zombie Weakness (a crit kills it instantly)
[sblock=pic]
VdobB.jpg
[/sblock]
Dead One 1:
Dead One 2:
Dead One 3 (O17): 54/54 hp
Dead One 4 (X16): 27/54 hp

Deathlock Wight: 63/63; AC 18; FORT 15; REF 16; WILL 17; (MBA) +10 vs. AC; 1d6+1 necrotic damage, and lose 1 healing surge; Grave Bolt (RBA): Range 20, +9 vs. Ref; 1d6+4 and immobilized (save ends). MINOR: Reanimate: range 10, non-minions only; raises a destroyed undead creature with bloodied value hit points; Immune disease, poison, Resist 10 necrotic, Vulnerable 5 radiant
[sblock=pic]
UnHp3.jpg
[/sblock]
Deathlock Wight (AA17): 45/63 hp; Status: Slowed TENT (Damien); Grants Combat Advantage and -2 to its attacks (Ixen)

Finnean (T15): 24/24; HS 3+2/7; AP 1 ; Ardent Surge [1] ; Status:
Ixenvalignat (W16): 8/22; HS 1+2/8; AP 1 ; Inspiring Word [1] [2]; Status: BLOODIED; GRABBED by dead one 4
Cyrus (AB16): 22/26; HS 5+1/9; AP 1 ; Status: +1 to all defenses TENT (Finnean)
Jesse (G20): 23/23; HS 4+2/7; AP 1+1; Potion of Healing; Status:

Damien (O18): 28/28; HS 5+2/9; AP 1+1; Status: Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx [/sblock]

GM: Summary:
Finnean: -
Ixenvalignat: GRABBED by dead one 4
Cyrus: healed surge+3; MISSED
Damien: MISSED
Jesse: -

GM: Damien (NPC’d) Round 5
Free: -
Move: O18>U18 (provoke OA) (dead one 3 MBA against Damien (AC 16): +9 vs. AC; 2d6+2: 1d20+9=27, 2d6+2=10 HIT for 10)
Minor: Predatory Eye against Deathlock zombie
Standard: Clever Shot against Deathlock Wight (AA17): +8 vs. AC; 2d6+4+1d6: 1d20+8+2=13, 2d6+4=9, 1d6=6 MISS

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Finnean decides that Ixen needs his help more than Cyrus. He tumbles past the zombie, narrowly ducking under its backhand swipe. He focuses his psychic attack through his blade, but has trouble piercing the mind of the walking dead.

[sblock=actions]Move: Y16
OA: Dead One 4 OA (1d20+9=24, 2d6+2=6) (MISS)
Standard: Mental Turmoil (1d20+9=16, 2d8+4=9) (MISS)[/sblock]

[sblock=Finnean Fairhand]Status:

Finnean Fairhand - Level 1 Rogue|Ardent
Init: +4 Speed: 6
Passive Perception:12; Passive Insight: 12
AC: 17 (25 OA) Fort 13 (15 OA) Ref 15 (17 OA) Will 15 (17 OA)
HP: 24/24 Surges: 3+2/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Elven
Str:8 Dex:18 Wis:14 Con:12 Int:10 Cha:18

Powers:
Impetuous Ruin
Sly Flourish

Second Chance
Opening Move
Second Wind

Mental Turmoil
Thought-Eater Armor
[/sblock]

OOC: Dead One 4 takes 4 damage and has a -1 penalty to attack rolls (save ends). Until the end of the encounter, whenever Dead One 4 misses with an attack, Finnean or one ally adjacent to him gains 5 temporary hit points.

OOC: If Ixen escapes the grab on his turn, position yourself adjacent to Finnean so I can give you some temps if the Dead One misses.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat throws off the dead one with surge of new found strenght (actually, it was a brief burst of self-esteem inspired by a self-help scroll he had recently read), "Back evil thing!" A swing and a miss![sblock=Actions]Move: Escape
Athletics: 1d20+8=21 vs. Fort Ixenvalignat is Free!
As part of the escape: Shift to X15
Minor: Inspiring Word (1d6=6 extra healing)
Target: Ixenvalignat
Standard: Viper's Strike
Target: Dead One 4
Attack: 1d20+7+1(Bloodied)=10 vs. AC Miss! Figures :(
Effect: If the target shifts before the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from an ally of his choice.[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]Ixenvalignat
Male Dragonborn Warlord Level 1 Initiative: +0
Speed 5
Passive Perceoption: 10; Passive Insight: 10; Senses: Normal Vision
Draconic Fury: +1 to attack rolls while bloodied
Languages: Draconic, Common
AC: 17 (no shield); Fortitude; 17; Reflex: 13; Will: 16
HP: 19/22
Surge Value: 5; Surges Left: 1+2/8
Action Points: 0

At Will Powers:
:bmelee: Melee Basic Attack 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage

:branged: Ranged Basic Attack 1d20 vs. AC
Hit: 1d4 damage

:melee: Wolfpack Tactics 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage and one ally adjacent to Ixenvalignat or the target can shift 1 square as a free action

:melee: Viper's Strike 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage. Effect: If the target shifts before the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from an ally of my choice.

Encounter Powers:
:close: Powerful Warning
Effect:
The target gains +4 power bonus to all defenses against the attack. The target can make a melee basic attack against the enemy as a free action.

Battlefront Shift

Effect: Target shifts speed on initiative roll

:close:Inspiring Word 1 2
Effect: Target within 5 squares spends healing surge for HS value+1d6 hitpoints
Special: Can be used twice per encounter

:close: Dragonfear 1d20+7 vs. Will
Hit:
Target takes -2 to attack rolls and grants Combat Advantage until the end of Ixenvalignat's next turn.

Daily Powers:

:melee: White Raven Onslaught 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10+5 damage and Ixenvalignat slides an adjacent ally 1 square. Until the end of the encounter, whenever Ixenvalignat or an ally within 10 squares of himself makes a succesful attack, the attacker slides an adjacent ally 1 square.
Miss: An ally within 10 squares slides an adjacent ally 1 square on each successful attack for the rest of the encounter.
[/sblock]
OOC: Sorry. I was waiting for everybody else myself.

Summary:

• Ixenvalignat is free from Dead One 4
  • Ixenvalignat is at 19hp
  • The broad side of that barn still seems to elude him.
  • This guy is definitely a candidate for an overhaul
  • If the target shifts before the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from Finnean.

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*Cyrus growing in frustration at continuously missing his prey growls lowly. With quick feet he dances about the wight hoping to confuse it enough to get his strike in. When the time is right he lunges forwards once again and lashes out at the Wight with his dagger.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to AC17

Standard: Quick Lunge
-Effect: Cyrus shifts 1 square before the attack. (Shift to AB17)
-Target: Deathlock Wight (AA17)
-Attack: +11 vs. AC (Hit; 29)
-Damage: 1d6+1 damage + 1d10 Assassin's Strike + 1d8 Attack Finesse + 1d6 Predatory Eye. (19 damage)
-On a Hit: Cyrus knocks the target prone. Cyrus can then shift 1 square back to his starting position. (Shift to AC17)

No Action: Assassin’s Strike
-Target: The creature Cyrus hit. (Deathlock Wight (AA17))
-Trigger: Cyrus hit a creature within 5 squares of himself with an attack using a weapon.
-Effect: The target takes 1d10 extra damage from the triggering attack. If the target is helpless, this damage is maximized.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cyrus]Cyrus- Male Khan Executioner 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 15

AC: 19, Fort: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 11

Initiative: +5, Speed: 6

HP: 26/26, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 7/9

Powers-
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Action Point [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Predatory Eye [X]
Second Wind [ ]
Sneak Attack [X]

Carrion Crawler Brain Juice [ ]

Arrows 23/24[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC:
  • Sorry SoM. Didn't see your comment until after I posted my IW. Still think I did the right thing, Ixenvalignat wouldn't likely have survived a hit.

When you escape a grab, you can shift.

[sblock=Escape]ESCAPE: MOVE ACTION

Acrobatics or Athletics: Make an Acrobatics check vs. Reflex or an Athletics check vs. Fortitude against
the creature or effect that immobilized you.

Check: Resolve your check.
Success: You end the grab and can shift as part of this move action.
Failure: You’re still grabbed.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
When you escape a grab, you can shift.
OOC: Dang. I didn't realize that you had moved adjacent to Dead One 4, nor did I realize that you could shift as part of a grab. If I had realized that, I would have used Viper's strike to keep the guy from moving.

@jsb420 . Can I retcon my move. #1, to get adjacent to Finnean for thp, #2 to change MBA to Viper's strike. I did not realize that Finnean was adjacent to my enemy. I've already edited my post, but I'll put it back if you disapprove.

jsb420

First Post
GM: [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]: no problem, retro away

[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION]: very cool program. I've read some of your adventure and even logged onto Ditzie. Unfortunately, I've already made all my maps and icons and everything. Maybe the next adventure you start (or the next one I start)! I might PM you on some pointers. I'm not sure if I'm doing some things correctly (issues making maps - and yes I've looked at your collection)

We're looking for treex's post

Remove ads