[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: @jsb420 , @treex , @JoeNotCharles , @Son of Meepo , @Darksteed : I'm all for checking these rooms after we clear the roof. We'll come back for the treasure when we're done. I'm ready to go if you all are.

BTW: Merry Christmas!

*EDIT* Apologies to Iron Sky. Just had him on the brain in two other adventures I'm running (one of witch he has yet to join).

Last edited:

treex

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]: Sounds good to me.
[MENTION=6672544]jsb420[/MENTION]: Bring on the goblin carnage. EDIT: I noticed you didn't update the first post to swap Fierro for Ironheart.

EDIT: Darn, it's not yet in my sheet, but I did say I was retraining Phantom Bolt for Winged Horde. Also, might want to rework Jesse into a pyromancer. Remember Ardens? Yeah, well I had to redo my character cause we had the same schtick but now that he's gone I'm gonna post a proposal about redoing my character without using the "once during your PC's career, you can revamp your character completely" thing. Since these were circumstances that was out of my control.

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*Cyrus nods quietly to the rest of the group and stalks forwards. Using his superior skill in stealth to creep forwards and scout ahead of the group.*

[sblock=Actions]Cyrus stealths ahead of the party to check out up stairs.

Stealth: 32[/sblock]

Last edited:

jsb420

First Post
Island Tower – Level 3 – Round 1
[sblock=Previous Rounds]
[sblock=First Level]Round 1
Round 1a
Round 2
Round 3
Round 3-RETRO
Round 4
Round 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Second Level]Round 1
Round 2[/sblock][/sblock]

Cyrus grows tired of waiting around while foes wait in ambush on the floor above. He quickly ascends the stairs, blending in with the shadowy recesses in the curving stairway. Hardly a whisper marks his passing. He lay out on the stairs, feline head just rising above the final stair. A small antechamber stands empty. A guttering torch on the western wall provides illumination, and reveals a closed door in the northern wall.

Rising quickly, Cyrus crosses to the door. Careful not to touch it directly, he holds his feline ears to the door. He can hear scuffing sounds from beyond the door along with muffled voices, at least 4 voices can be heard. Turning, he quickly descends the stairway and tells the others of his findings. The heroes ready themselves and quietly advance up the stairs to the antechamber.
[sblock=Map] [URL="http://imgur.com/V7ZG0"]

Illumination: Inside: Bright; torch-light
Master’s Chamber Door: Wooden; 8-feet tall; NO panel
Interior Doors: Wooden; 8-feet tall; each door has a sliding iron panel at eye level for a Medium-sized creature. The panels can be opened from either side as a minor action.[/sblock][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] [sblock=Stats]Finnean (i10): 25/34 hp; HS 6/7; AP 1 ; Second Chance; Ardent Surge [1]; Second Wind; Status:
Ixenvalignat (H11): 34/42 hp; HS 8/8; AP 1; Inspiring Word [1], [2]; Second Wind; Status:
Cyrus (G10): 26/36 hp; HS 9/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: hidden
Jesse (J10): 30/33 hp; HS 5/7; AP 1; Potion of Healing; Second Wind; Status:
Ironheart (H10): 49/49 hp; HS 11/11; AP 1 ; Wood Woad Resolve; Second Wind; Status:
[/sblock]
GM: Summary:

Finnean:
Ixenvalignat:
Cyrus:
Jesse:
Ironheart:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Finnean moves up to the door and inspects it for traps, locks, and/or bars.

Once he is satisfied that it is safe to proceed, he will open the door.

OOC: Finnean should be at 33/34 hp and 5/7 surges as he would have spent one during the short rest.

treex

First Post
Jesse signals to the rest of the party, trying to tell them to wait for an opening.

OOC: As soon as the door is opened, Jesse will cast Spectral Image of a dragonborn much like Ixenvalignat, only red and wields two axes instead, at anywhere from E5 to F6, whichever isn't occupied. Hopefully it will take the first wave of arrows or something

[sblock=Spectral Image Mechanics]The illusion of a creature or an object up to Medium size appears in an unoccupied square within range. It can make sounds and can move within it's square, but it cannot leave it. Each of it's defenses are 10. The illusion lasts until the end of the encounter, until an attack hits it, or until a creature touches or moves through it. An Insight check of DC 21 allows a creature to determine that the image is an illusion.[/sblock]

[sblock=What it will do]"Have at thee you yellow-bellied mongrels! I will cut your corpses into red ribbons of flesh and sinew, after which I will use them for JUMP ROPE." It then flourishes it's axes and bellows: "FOR LAUTO! FLAMES, FIRE AND FURY!" while snorting flames and embers from it's snout.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
OOC: I'd like to think I've gotten better after reading intensively. From threads to WotC articles to Dungeons/Dragons magazines and some inspiration from players with the 3e "mindset", I hope I've improved ^^

Remove ads