[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

jsb420

First Post
Island Tower – Level 3 – Round 1
[sblock=Previous Rounds]
[sblock=First Level]Round 1
Round 1a
Round 2
Round 3
Round 3-RETRO
Round 4
Round 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Second Level]Round 1
Round 2[/sblock][/sblock]
Finnean moves up to the door and inspects it for traps, locks, and/or bars. Once he is satisfied that it is safe to proceed, he will open the door.
GM: [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] & [MENTION=85506]Darksteed[/MENTION]: hp and HS noted.

Jesse signals to the rest of the party, trying to tell them to wait for an opening.

Finnean carefully opens the door, and lurches to the side just as two crossbow bolts pierce the doorframe where his diminutive head just occupied. The cunning halfling glimpses the room beyond. Multiple goblinoids scurry around the room, some behind overturned tables, while others run forward brandishing short swords. A massive-looking humanoid stands at the center of the room. It points its broadsword, blade extending, yelling at the goblins, ”KILL THEM!”

Jesse instantly falls into a spellcaster's rhythm, his words bring into being a savage dragonborn!
[sblock=Dragonborn Spectral Image] "Have at thee you yellow-bellied mongrels! I will cut your corpses into red ribbons of flesh and sinew, after which I will use them for JUMP ROPE." It then flourishes its axes and bellows: "FOR LAUTO! FLAMES, FIRE AND FURY!" while snorting flames and embers from its snout.
[sblock=Picture] [URL="http://imgur.com/eydWK"]
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Map]

Illumination: Inside: Bright; torch-light
Master’s Chamber Door: Wooden; 8-feet tall; NO panel
Interior Doors: Wooden; 8-feet tall; each door has a sliding iron panel at eye level for a Medium creature. The panels can be opened from either side with a Minor action.
Tables: blocking terrain; provides cover; if prone behind it, provides total cover.
Dotted Square: Trapdoor to rooftop battlement[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants][sblock=Killed Enemies][sblock=Level 1]Goblin Blackblade: x1
Goblin Cutter: x6
Rat Swarm: x1[/sblock][/sblock]
Goblin Sharpshooter: AC 16; Fort 14; Ref 16; Will 14; 44/44 hp; MBA (short sword): +10 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage; RBA (hand crossbow): Ranged 10/20; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage; Sniper: When a goblin sharpshooter makes a ranged attack from hiding and misses, it is considered to be hiding; Goblin Tactics: immediate reaction; at-will; when missed by a melee attack, the goblin sharpshooter can shift 1 square; Combat Advantage: the goblin sharpshooter deals an extra 1d6 damage against any creature it has combat advantage against, it can gain combat advantage against flanked creatures.
Goblin Sharpshooter 1 (B7): 44/44 hp; Status:
Goblin Sharpshooter 2 (D3): 44/44 hp; Status:
Goblin Sharpshooter 3 (H2): 44/44 hp; Status:
[sblock=Picture] [/sblock]
Goblin Blackblade: AC 18; Fort 15; Ref 15; Will 13; 38/38 hp; MBA (short sword):+8 vs. AC; 1d6+3 damage; Goblin Tactics: immediate reaction; at-will; when missed by a melee attack, the goblin blackblade can shift 1 square; Combat Advantage: the goblin blackblade deals an extra 1d6 damage against any creature it has combat advantage against; Sneaky: when shifting, a goblin blackblade can shift into a space occupied by an ally of equal level or lower and that ally can shift into the blackblade’s previous square as a free action.
Goblin Blackblade 1 (D9): 38/38 hp; Status:
Goblin Cutter: AC 17; Fort 13; Ref 15; Will 12; 1 hp (a miss never damages a minion); MBA (short sword): +6 vs. AC; 4 damage (5 damage on a critical hit); RBA (crossbow): +6 vs. AC; 4 damage (5 damage on a critical hit); Goblin Tactics: immediate reaction; at-will; when missed by a melee attack, the goblin cutter can shift 1 square.
Goblin Cutter 1 (D6): 1/1 hp; Status:
Goblin Cutter 2 (F3): 1/1 hp; Status:
Goblin Cutter 3 (i5): 1/1 hp; Status:
Skrom, Barghest Savage: AC 19; Fort 18; Ref 17; Will 15; 152/152 hp; MBA (Broadsword – humanoid form): +8 vs. AC; 1d10+5 damage; MBA (Bite – wolf form): +8 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage; Jump Strike: recharge 5-6; Skrom shifts 3 squares before and after the attack; +8 vs. AC; 1d10+5 damage; Power Feed (Wolf form only): +6 vs. Will; 2d6+5 psychic damage and Skrom gains the use of an at-will or encounter attack power that he has seen the target use during this encounter. Skrom can only use this gained power in humanoid form and before the end of its next turn; Battle Lord Tactics: Skrom and his allies deal an extra 1d6 damage while flanking; Battle Talent: Skrom can score a critical hit with 19-20 on his melee attacks. On a critical hit, Skrom or one of his allies within 5 squares regains 4 hit points; Change Shape (minor): Skrom can change his shape to appear as a wolf or a bugbear.
Skrom, Barghest Savage (E5): 152/152 hp; Jump Strike; Power Feed; Status:
Finnean (i10): 33/34 hp; HS 5/7; AP 1 ; Second Chance; Ardent Surge [1]; Second Wind; Status:
Ixenvalignat (H11): 34/42 hp; HS 8/8; AP 1; Inspiring Word [1], [2]; Second Wind; Status:
Cyrus (G10): 35/36 hp; HS 8/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: hidden
Jesse (J10): 30/33 hp; HS 5/7; AP 1; Potion of Healing; Second Wind; Status:
Ironheart (H10): 49/49 hp; HS 11/11; AP 1 ; Wood Woad Resolve; Second Wind; Status:
[/sblock]
GM: Invisible Castle is still down. Rolling Initiatives now.

Finnean: +5
Ixenvalignat: +1
Cyrus: +6
Jesse: +1
Ironheart: +1

Monsters: +5

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Sorry Treex gotta wreck your nice illusion. Put it right in the charge lane for me.

*Cyrus reacts with lightning quick reflexes. He darts off to the side to get a better view. Slicking his blade with vile poison as he gathered up the needed information from the room itself. He then streaked across the room and leaped into the air. Using the illusion as a distraction, He followed the exact motion of the blade swings as the illusion making the illusion strike true, before disappearing in a puff of smoke. Cyrus's poisoned blade having struck home.*

Fooled you....

*He growled out at Skrom, with a snide snicker. He brought his blade around again for another pass, though this time Skrom was to wise to the Khan's actions, and easily dodged the blow.*

[sblock=Actions]Free: Iaijutsu
-Trigger: Cyrus rolls initiative.
-Effect: Cyrus can draw a weapon and shifts up to 3 squares. If Cyrus ends his move adjacent to an enemy, he gains a +2 power bonus to the next attack roll he makes against that enemy before the end of his next turn.
-Effect: If his initiative is higher than every enemy's initiative, any melee weapon attack he makes during his first turn of the encounter can score a critical hit on a roll of 18-20.
-Move: Cyrus shifts to I9. (Shifted only 2. Stealth not broken)

Minor: Predatory Eye
-Target: Skrom (E5)
-Effect: If Cyrus has combat advantage against a target, he deals +1d6 damage on the next attack he makes against that target. He must apply this bonus before the end of his next turn.

Minor: Carrion Crawler Brain Juice
-Effect: Cyrus applies the poison to his melee weapon or five pieces of his ammunition. Until the end of the encounter, whenever he hits a creature with a weapon attack using the poisoned item, the target takes 4 extra poison damage, and it is slowed until the end of his next turn. (Large Rapier)

Standard: Charging Basic Melee Attack
-Move: Charge to (F6)
-Attack: +12 vs. AC (Hit; 21)
-Damage: 1d10+7 damage + 1d10 Surprising Charge + 2d10 Assassin's Strike + 1d8 Attack Finesse + 2d6 Sneak Attack + 1d6 Predatory Eye + 4 POISON damage. (31 damage + 4 POISON damage)
-Effect: Skrom is slowed until the end of Cyrus's next turn.

No Action: Assassin’s Strike
-Target: The creature Cyrus hit.
-Trigger: Cyrus hit a creature within 5 squares of himself with an attack using a weapon.
-Effect: The target takes 1d10 extra damage from the triggering attack. If the target is helpless, this damage is maximized.

No Action: Sneak Attack
-Effect: When Cyrus makes an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hits an enemy granting combat advantage to him, that enemy takes 2d6 extra damage.

Action Point: Basic Melee Attack
-Attack: +11 vs. AC (Miss; 14)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cyrus]Cyrus- Male Khan Executioner 3
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11

AC: 20, Fort: 14, Ref: 18, Will: 12

Initiative: +6, Speed: 6

HP: 35/36, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 18, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 8/9

Powers-
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge
Silent Stalker

Action Point [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Iaijutsu [X]
Predatory Eye [X]
Second Wind [ ]
Sneak Attack [X]

Carrion Crawler Brain Juice [X]

Arrows 23/24[/sblock]

Last edited:

jsb420

First Post
Island Tower – Level 3 – Round 1b
[sblock=Previous Rounds]
[sblock=First Level]Round 1
Round 1a
Round 2
Round 3
Round 3-RETRO
Round 4
Round 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Second Level]Round 1
Round 2[/sblock]

[FONT=&quot][sblock=Third Level][URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/5761971-post741.html"]Round 1a
[/sblock][/FONT][/sblock][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] Cyrus reacts with lightning quick reflexes. He darts off to the side to get a better view. Slicking his blade with vile poison, he gathered up the needed information from the room itself. He then streaked across the room and leaped into the air. Using the illusion as a distraction, He followed the exact motion of the blade swings as the illusion making the illusion strike true, before disappearing in a puff of smoke. Cyrus's poisoned blade having struck home. Fooled you.... He growled out at Skrom, with a snide snicker. He brought his blade around again for another pass, though this time Skrom was to wise to the Khan's actions, and easily dodged the blow. (HIT; AP – MISS)

The goblin sharpshooters fire their weapons, one at Cyrus and the other at Finnean standing in the doorway, and then frantically begin to reload their weapons. The third stands up and aims its crossbow at the doorway, ready to shoot the next thing that enters. (Ready Action, HIT & CRIT)
GM: Goblin Sharpshooter 1 (B7) is readying an action to fire at the first PC to enter the room: RBA (hand crossbow): Ranged 10/20; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage.
The first PC to enter the room (H8), please include this attack in your post.

The blackblade slinks forward towards Cyrus to attack, but isn’t able to hit him. (MISS)

The goblin cutters scamper about, converging on the door and flanking Cyrus. (HIT, HIT & Ready Action)
GM: Goblin Cutter 3 (i8) is readying an action to attack the first PC that enters the room: MBA (short sword): +6 vs. AC; 4 damage (5 damage on a critical hit).
The first PC to enter the room (H8), please include this attack in your post.

The Barghest is slow to react and is punished by the feline humanoid’s first attack, but Skrom recovers in time to thwart the killing blow. He swings his sword at Cyrus, his momentum carrying him away from the dangerous feline. His form suddenly becomes hazy and now a giant wolf appears where the large goblinoid was once standing, its sword falling to the ground with a loud CLANG! It growls menacingly at Cyrus; its teeth bared. (MISS)
[sblock=Map]

Illumination: Inside: Bright; torch-light
Master’s Chamber Door: Wooden; 8-feet tall; NO panel
Interior Doors: Wooden; 8-feet tall; each door has a sliding iron panel at eye level for a Medium creature. The panels can be opened from either side with a Minor action.
Tables: blocking terrain; provides cover; if prone behind it, provides total cover.
Dotted Square: Trapdoor to rooftop battlement[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemy Actions]Goblin Sharpshooter 1 (B7): Move: stand; Ready Action: Attack next thing that enters the room: RBA (Hand crossbow): Ranged 10/20; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage

Goblin Sharpshooter 2 (D3): Standard: RBA (hand crossbow) against Cyrus (AC 20): Ranged 10/20; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage: 1d20+11=23, 1d6+4=7 Hit for 7 damage; Free: reload

Goblin Sharpshooter 3 (H2): Standard: RBA (hand crossbow) against Finnean (AC 18): Ranged 10/20; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage: 1d20+11=31, 1d6+4=9 CRIT for 10 damage; Free: reload; Move: fall prone (Total Concealment)

Goblin Blackblade (F7): Move: D9>F7; Standard: MBA (short sword) against Cyrus (AC 20): +8 vs. AC; 1d6+3 damage: MBA (short sword) against Cyrus (AC 20): +8 vs. AC; 1d6+3 damage (1d20+8=17, 1d6+3=4) miss

Goblin Cutter 1 (E6): Move: Shift: D6>E6; Standard: MBA (short sword) against Cyrus (AC 20): +6 vs. AC; 4 damage (5 damage on a critical hit): 1d20+6=25 Hit for 4 damage

Goblin Cutter 2 (G6): Move: F6>G6; Standard: MBA (short sword) against Cyrus (AC 20): +6+2(flank) vs. AC; 4 damage (5 damage on a critical hit)+1d6 (Battle Lord Tactics): 1d20+6+2=21, 4+1d6=8 Hit for 8 damage

Goblin Cutter 3 (i8): Move: i5>i8; Ready an Attack: MBA (short sword) against first PC to enter room: +6 vs. AC; 4 damage (5 damage on a critical hit)

Skrom (D6): Standard: MBA (Broadsword – humanoid form) against Cyrus (AC 20): +8 vs. AC; 1d10+5 damage: 1d20+8=12, 1d10+5=6 miss; Move: Shift: E5>D6; Minor: Shape Change (wolf)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants][sblock=Killed Enemies]Goblin Blackblade: x1
Goblin Cutter: x6
Rat Swarm: x1[/sblock]
Goblin Sharpshooter: AC 16; Fort 14; Ref 16; Will 14; 44/44 hp; MBA (short sword): +10 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage; RBA (hand crossbow): Ranged 10/20; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage; Sniper: When a goblin sharpshooter makes a ranged attack from hiding and misses, it is considered to be hiding; Goblin Tactics: immediate reaction; at-will; when missed by a melee attack, the goblin sharpshooter can shift 1 square; Combat Advantage: the goblin sharpshooter deals an extra 1d6 damage against any creature it has combat advantage against, it can gain combat advantage against flanked creatures.
Goblin Sharpshooter 1 (B7): 44/44 hp; Status:
Goblin Sharpshooter 2 (D3): 44/44 hp; Status:
Goblin Sharpshooter 3 (H2): 44/44 hp; Status: total concealment

Goblin Blackblade: AC 18; Fort 15; Ref 15; Will 13; 38/38 hp; MBA (short sword):+8 vs. AC; 1d6+3 damage; Goblin Tactics: immediate reaction; at-will; when missed by a melee attack, the goblin blackblade can shift 1 square; Combat Advantage: the goblin blackblade deals an extra 1d6 damage against any creature it has combat advantage against; Sneaky: when shifting, a goblin blackblade can shift into a space occupied by an ally of equal level or lower and that ally can shift into the blackblade’s previous square as a free action.
Goblin Blackblade 1 (F7): 38/38 hp; Status:

Goblin Cutter: AC 17; Fort 13; Ref 15; Will 12; 1 hp (a miss never damages a minion); MBA (short sword): +6 vs. AC; 4 damage (5 damage on a critical hit); RBA (crossbow): +6 vs. AC; 4 damage (5 damage on a critical hit); Goblin Tactics: immediate reaction; at-will; when missed by a melee attack, the goblin cutter can shift 1 square.
Goblin Cutter 1 (E6): 1/1 hp; Status:
Goblin Cutter 2 (G6): 1/1 hp; Status:
Goblin Cutter 3 (i5): 1/1 hp; Status:

Skrom, Barghest Savage: AC 19; Fort 18; Ref 17; Will 15; 152/152 hp; MBA (Broadsword – humanoid form): +8 vs. AC; 1d10+5 damage; MBA (Bite – wolf form): +8 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage; Jump Strike: recharge 5-6; Skrom shifts 3 squares before and after the attack; +8 vs. AC; 1d10+5 damage; Power Feed (Wolf form only): +6 vs. Will; 2d6+5 psychic damage and Skrom gains the use of an at-will or encounter attack power that he has seen the target use during this encounter. Skrom can only use this gained power in humanoid form and before the end of its next turn; Battle Lord Tactics: Skrom and his allies deal an extra 1d6 damage while flanking; Battle Talent: Skrom can score a critical hit with 19-20 on his melee attacks. On a critical hit, Skrom or one of his allies within 5 squares regains 4 hit points; Change Shape (minor): Skrom can change his shape to appear as a wolf or a bugbear.
Skrom, Barghest Savage (D6): 117/152 hp; Jump Strike; Power Feed; Status: slowed TENT (Cyrus); wolf form

Finnean (H9): 23/34 hp; HS 5/7; AP 1 ; Second Chance; Ardent Surge [1]; Second Wind; Status:
Ixenvalignat (H11): 34/42 hp; HS 8/8; AP 1; Inspiring Word [1], [2]; Second Wind; Status:
Cyrus (F6): 16/36 hp; HS 8/9; AP 1 ; Second Wind; Status: BLOODIED
Jesse (i10): 30/33 hp; HS 5/7; AP 1; Potion of Healing; Second Wind; Status:
Ironheart (H10): 49/49 hp; HS 11/11; AP 1 ; Wood Woad Resolve; Second Wind; Status:
[/sblock]
GM: Summary:

Finnean: hit for 10 damage
Ixenvalignat:-
Cyrus: hit for 7 damage; missed; hit for 4 damage; hit for 8 damage; missed; BLOODIED
Jesse:-
Ironheart:-

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Darksteed

First Post
*Cyrus growls lowly as he gets pelted with blades of all sorts. Though he continues the pursuit. Nimbly moving through the fray and getting out of the way of any incoming blasts to the large gathering. He raises his blade and moves to strike only to miss once again as the quick Skrom dodges nimbly.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to E7.

Standard: Quick Lunge
-Effect: Cyrus shifts 1 square before the attack. (Shift to D7)
-Target: Skrom (D6)
-Attack: +9 vs. AC (Miss; 12)[/sblock]

[sblock=Cyrus]Cyrus- Male Khan Executioner 3
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11

AC: 20, Fort: 14, Ref: 18, Will: 12

Initiative: +6, Speed: 6

HP: 16/36, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 18, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 8/9

Powers-
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge
Silent Stalker

Action Point [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Iaijutsu [X]
Predatory Eye [X]
Second Wind [ ]
Sneak Attack [X]

Carrion Crawler Brain Juice [X]

Arrows 23/24[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ironheart thunders into the room, hoping to draw attacks away from Cyrus.

[sblock=Actions]
Bah, Cyrus is standing right where I want to be.

Nobody go into the room before I do - I want to draw that readied attack.

Can it attack me through the door? If so, it'll get an OA when I leave H9, as well as the readied attack. I want to know whether I'll take an OA as well before I decide where to go.
[/sblock]

treex

First Post
Suddenly, as Cyrus leaps into the image of the dragonborn, it bursts into flames! Sparks and embers sear the area and burn the lesser goblins. The skrom nearby is also caught in the illusory flames and the "ash" causes it to tear up.

[sblock=OOC]Standard: Winged Horde (Enlarge Spell'd) @ F6
Goblin Cutter 1 and 2 HIT for 7 Psychic Damage
Goblin Blackblade MISS

Skrom HIT for 7 Psychic Damage and also cannot take opportunity actions, takes a -2 to hit against Jesse and grants combat advantage to Jesse until the end of his next turn[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Joe]Joe I can shift to D5 instead if you like. It wouldn't make any difference to attack rolls for Cyrus or anything, and no ones gone between our posts. So I can just edit my post if you'd like.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Joe I can shift to D5 instead if you like. It wouldn't make any difference to attack rolls for Cyrus or anything, and no ones gone between our posts. So I can just edit my post if you'd like.

Actually, don't bother - I forgot that most of those monsters are minions, so there's not much point in getting to a place where I can mark all of them. I should just kill them instead.
[/sblock]

Remove ads