[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

treex

First Post
Jesse calmly, raises his arms. The ash and embers in the air flare up again, growing brighter and more ferocious. He remembers one of his first comrades, a pyromancer. Though Ardens had initially looked down upon Jesse, they became quite close on the voyage before Ardens was lost at sea.

"This is for you, Ardens. May my flames forever guide your way as yours lit mine."

Spinning furiously in a tempest of flame, it dashes against the sharpshooters and the skrom. However, Jesse couldn't quite instill the image into the goblin furthest from him. The frenzy of light and heat disorientates the rest, though.

[sblock=Actions]Winged Horde at D5
Sharpshooter 1: HIT for 9 psychic dmg. Cannot take OAs TENT, -2 to hit Jesse and grants CA to Jesse.
Sharpshooter 2: MISS
Skrom: HIT for 9 psychic dmg. Cannot take OAs TENT, -2 to hit Jesse and grants CA to Jesse.[/sblock]

OOC: In case anyone was wondering, Jesse is comfortable where he is. He doesn't take a move action.
EDIT: I forgot to mention this but that Winged Horde has been Enlarge Spell'd. That's why it's a 1d8+3 damage instead of 1d8+5

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*Cyrus grunts as his blood splashes the ground beneath his feet. He pants heavily after being so grievously wounded. He makes a last ditched effort to cause as much annoyance to Skrom as possible. Leaping forwards, he swings his blade in a low arc catching Skrom in the knee. The blow causing Skrom to buckle and collapse to the ground. The poison runs through Skrom's veins causing his joints to grow stiff and ridge. Cyrus in a flurry of motion disappears out of sight. Having used the chaos of the battle to make his escape for the moment in time.*

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Quick Lunge
-Effect: Cyrus shifts 1 square before the attack. (Shift to D6)
-Target: Skrom (E5)
-Attack: +9 vs. AC (Hit; 27)
-Damage: 1d10 damage. (10 damage + 4 POISON damage) (No plus 2 on the die roll. Messed up)
-On a Hit: Cyrus knocks Skorm prone. Cyrus can then shift 1 square back to his starting position. (Shift to E7)
-On a Hit: Skrom is slowed until the end of Cyrus's next turn.

Move: Stealth to G9 (Stealth; 23)[/sblock]

[sblock=Cyrus]Cyrus- Male Khan Executioner 3
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11

AC: 20, Fort: 14, Ref: 18, Will: 12

Initiative: +6, Speed: 6

HP: 5/36, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 18, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 8/9

Powers-
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge
Silent Stalker

Action Point [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Iaijutsu [X]
Predatory Eye [X]
Second Wind [ ]
Sneak Attack [X]

Carrion Crawler Brain Juice [X]
Arrows 23/24[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6672544]jsb420[/MENTION], [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION]
I'm concerned with the pace of the game. It's taking us weeks to get a single round of combat in. Is there something we can do to either move it along or wrap it up? I'd like to be able to do something with this character.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat moves to the corner, "Alright you cowardly archer. I'll show you how it's done face-to-face!" With a swing and a miss, Ixenvalignat is getting frustrated.

"Finnean", he calls to his friend, "I'll distract him! You smash his head in!"
OOC: Sorry I've been MIA. I'm back though. [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION]: if you can get to B6, you'll flank Sharpshooter 1 with Ixenvalignat. Sorry my attack missed. Otherwise you'd have an additional +2. At least it's an At-Will power. I'll try again next round (I promise to be quicker on the post).

BTW: I don't think it's legal for the sharpshooters to make OAs unless they spend a minor action to draw a different weapon. OAs are, by definition, melee attacks.
[sblock=Actions]Move: to B8

Standard: Intuitive Strike
Target: Sharpshooter 1
Attack: 1d20+10=12 vs. AC Miss

Minor: Inspiring Word on Cyrus - HS+6
[/sblock][sblock=Ministats] Ixenvalignat
Male Dragonborn Warlord Level 3 Initiative: +1
Speed 5
Passive Perceoption: 10; Passive Insight: 10; Senses: Normal Vision
Draconic Fury: +1 to attack rolls while bloodied
Languages: Draconic, Common
AC: 21; Fortitude; 19 Reflex: 15; Will: 18
HP: 30/42
Surge Value: 10; Surges Left: 8/8
Action Points: 0

At Will Powers:
:bmelee: Melee Basic Attack 1d20+10 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+6 damage

:branged: Ranged Basic Attack 1d20+3 vs. AC
Hit: 1d4 damage

:melee: Brash Assault (Standard) 1d20+10 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+6 damage

Effect: The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action asn has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes the attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.

:melee: Intuitive Strike (Standard) 1d20+10 vs. Will
Hit: 1d10+6 damage. Until the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn, the next ally who attacks the target and has combat advantage against it gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.

Encounter Powers:
:close: (5) Dragon Breath (Minor) 1d20+9 vs. Reflex
Bostering Breath Feat: Targets enemies only

Hit: 1d6 Lightning damage

Battlefront Shift (No Action)
Effect: Target (either Ixenvalignat or an ally) shifts half speed on initiative roll

:close: (5) Inspiring Word (Minor) 1 2
Effect: Target within 5 squares spends healing surge for HS value+1d6 hitpoints

Special: Can be used twice per encounter

:ranged: (5) Encouraging Boost (Minor)
Effect: The target can use its second wind and regain an additional +4 hit points.

Special: Can be used twice per encounter
:melee: Tactician's Invitation (Standard) 1d20+10 vs. AC
Hit: 2d10+6 Damage. The next time an ally hits the target before the end of Ixenvalignat's next turn, that ally can slide the target two squares, shift 2 squares or deal 4 extra damage to the target.

:melee: Flattening Charge (Standard, Charge)1d20+10+1 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+6 Damage, and Ixenvalignat knocks the target prone.

Bravura Presence: If the attack hits, this power is not expended

Miss: The target gains combat advantage against Ixenvalignat until the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn.

Daily Powers:
:melee: Bastion of Defense 1d20+10 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10+6=Damage. Each ally within 5 squares of Ixenvalignat gains a +1 power bonus to all defenses until the end of the encounter.

Effect: Each ally within 5 squares of Ixenvalignat gains 9 temporary hit poins.

:melee: Brave Warriors 1d20+10 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10+6=Damage.

Miss: Half damage

Effect: Until the end of the encounter, Ixenvalignat gets a +1 power bonus to attack rolls when he charges, and allies get a +1 power bonus to attack rolls when they charge within line of sight of Ixenvalignat.

Feats:

• Armored Warlord: Ixenvalignat gains proficiency with scale armor, and he increases his number of healing surges by one.
  • Bolstering Breath: Your dragon breath power targets enemies in the area, instead of all creatures in the area. In addition, allies in the area of your dragon breath gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
  • Enlarged Dragon Breath: You may chose to make your dragon breath power close blast 5 instead of close blast 3.
[/sblock]

treex

First Post
OOC: From what I can see, it's mostly people either being reluctant to be the one initiating OR there is some lack of communication between the players and what they want.

Make sure to say something specific like that (e.g. wanting CA, hoping for a shift, maybe someone can buff me) Just spit it out and we should wrap this up sooner

Remove ads