[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=6672544]jsb420[/MENTION]: I'm still waiting for an answer to my question: if I move from H9 to H8, will it get an OA, or is the door in the way?
[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
GM: [MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION]: The goblin cutter will get no attack of opportunity, just its readied action.

The goblin sharpshooter will also use its readied action.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Finnean is waiting for Ironheart to enter. I'd prefer that someone position themselves to give Finnean CA against the blackblade.

I think we should focus on getting rid of Skrom's allies rather than attackin Skrom himself. We're not going to take Skrom down in a round and Skrom empowers his allies, so I think there is more value in trying to get Skrom by himself as quickly as possible instead of focusing on the leader and his sack of hp while his allies kill us all with the damage bonus he's granting them.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Dang! Will someone remind me of my Battlefront Shift! I keep forgetting it!

[MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION]: Go ahead and attack the blackblade. If Ironheart can get to F8 and flank him, so much the better.

[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION]: Move Finnean in right after Ironheart, but go after either the blackblade or the sharpshooters if you can. Ixenvalignat will follow Finnean in and breathe on the minions. I think he can get them all in a single shot, but he needs to be where Finnean is now. From there Ixenvlignat can charge to his next target.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ironheart thunders through the doorway and is stopped in his tracks as an arrow sinks into his bark. He growls and turns towards the source of the arrow - he spots the archer drawing another, but seeing that it's well out of range, instead he chops at the blackblade standing between them, startling it. Then he backs up and moves out of the doorway to let his companions past, crushing the small goblin up against the wall so that it would be forced to dart around him to strike at them.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to H8 - this triggers readied actions: sharpshooter hits me for 8, cutter misses
Standard: Warden's Lunge at Blackblade, hitting AC 24 for 13 damage and marking it until EONT
Free: Nature's Wrath (mark Cutter 3 until EONT)

Now people can move out of H8 without taking an OA from the cutter - if he OA's anyone but me, I'll use Warden's Fury on him.

[MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]: I think all the minions but this cutter are dead - the Winged Horde took them out.
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ironheart]
Init: +1 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 11
AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 11 Will: 13
HP: 49/49 Surges: 10/13 Surge Value: 12 AP: 1
Str:20 Con:18 Dex:10 Int:10 Wis:10 Cha:8

Powers:
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Strength of Stone
Warden's Lunge
Second Wind
Warforged Resolve
Earth Spikes
Fearsome Ram Attack
Earthgrasp Strike
Form of the Fearsome Ram
Nature's Abundance
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat rushes into the room, taking a scrape from the sentry by the door. The blackblade is not so lucky as he attempts to hamper the warlord's progress.

"Harrrrraaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Lightning issues from Ixenvalingat's maw and singes practically everyone in the room, and the blackblade takes another nasty gash to the gut. The foul thing is still alive, but barely able to stand. "You won't be so lucky when my sword lands again!"[sblock=Actions]Move: to F8

Cutter 3 OA: 1d20+6=24 vs. AC for 4 damage
Ironheart's Warden's Fury vs. Cutter 3: 1d20+9=28 vs. AC Kill!
Blackblade OA: 1d20+8=13 vs. AC Miss

Minor: Dragon Breath on F7 - B3
Target 1: Blackblade
Attack 1: 1d20+9+2(Flanking)=24 vs. Reflex
Target 2: Skorm
Attack 2: 1d20+9=29 vs. Reflex Crit!
Target 3: Goblin Sharpshooter 2
Attack 3: 1d20+9=20 vs. Reflex
Target 4: Goblin Sharpshooter 1
Attack 4: 1d20+9=25 vs. Reflex
Lightning Damage: 1d6=4 (Skorm takes 6 damage)

Standard: Tactician's Invitation
Target: Goblin Blackblade
Attack: 1d20+10+2(Flanking)=20 vs. AC for 2d10+6=13 damage

[/sblock]
OOC: Summary:
  • Ixenvalignat is at F8
  • Blackblade takes 4 lightning damage and 13 untyped damage making him bloodied
  • Skorm takes 6 lightning damage
  • Sharpshooter 1 takes 4 lightning damage
  • Sharpshooter 2 takes 4 lightning damage
  • The next time an ally hits the blackblade before the end of Ixenvalignat's next turn, that ally can slide the target two squares, shift 2 squares or deal 4 extra damage to the target.
  • If the Goblin Cutter takes an OA, it will do 4 damage to Ixenvalignat and die at the hands of Ironheart
[sblock=Ministats] Ixenvalignat

Male Dragonborn Warlord Level 3 Initiative: +1
Speed 5
Passive Perceoption: 10; Passive Insight: 10; Senses: Normal Vision
Draconic Fury: +1 to attack rolls while bloodied
Languages: Draconic, Common
AC: 21; Fortitude; 19 Reflex: 15; Will: 18
HP: 34(30)/42
Surge Value: 10; Surges Left: 8/8
Action Points: 0

At Will Powers:
:bmelee: Melee Basic Attack 1d20+10 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+6 damage

:branged: Ranged Basic Attack 1d20+3 vs. AC
Hit: 1d4 damage

:melee: Brash Assault (Standard) 1d20+10 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+6 damage

Effect: The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action asn has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes the attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.

:melee: Intuitive Strike (Standard) 1d20+10 vs. Will
Hit: 1d10+6 damage. Until the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn, the next ally who attacks the target and has combat advantage against it gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.

Encounter Powers:
:close: (5) Dragon Breath (Minor) 1d20+9 vs. Reflex
Bostering Breath Feat: Targets enemies only

Hit: 1d6 Lightning damage

Battlefront Shift (No Action)
Effect: Target (either Ixenvalignat or an ally) shifts half speed on initiative roll

:close: (5) Inspiring Word (Minor) 1 2
Effect: Target within 5 squares spends healing surge for HS value+1d6 hitpoints

Special: Can be used twice per encounter

:ranged: (5) Encouraging Boost (Minor)
Effect: The target can use its second wind and regain an additional +4 hit points.

Special: Can be used twice per encounter
:melee: Tactician's Invitation (Standard) 1d20+10 vs. AC
Hit: 2d10+6 Damage. The next time an ally hits the target before the end of Ixenvalignat's next turn, that ally can slide the target two squares, shift 2 squares or deal 4 extra damage to the target.

:melee: Flattening Charge (Standard, Charge)1d20+10+1 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+6 Damage, and Ixenvalignat knocks the target prone.

Bravura Presence: If the attack hits, this power is not expended

Miss: The target gains combat advantage against Ixenvalignat until the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn.

Daily Powers:
:melee: Bastion of Defense 1d20+10 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10+6=Damage. Each ally within 5 squares of Ixenvalignat gains a +1 power bonus to all defenses until the end of the encounter.

Effect: Each ally within 5 squares of Ixenvalignat gains 9 temporary hit poins.

:melee: Brave Warriors 1d20+10 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10+6=Damage.

Miss: Half damage

Effect: Until the end of the encounter, Ixenvalignat gets a +1 power bonus to attack rolls when he charges, and allies get a +1 power bonus to attack rolls when they charge within line of sight of Ixenvalignat.

Feats:

• Armored Warlord: Ixenvalignat gains proficiency with scale armor, and he increases his number of healing surges by one.
  • Bolstering Breath: Your dragon breath power targets enemies in the area, instead of all creatures in the area. In addition, allies in the area of your dragon breath gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
  • Enlarged Dragon Breath: You may chose to make your dragon breath power close blast 5 instead of close blast 3.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Summary:
  • If the Goblin Cutter takes an OA, it will do 4 damage to Ixenvalignat and die at the hands of Ironheart

OOC: Warden's Fury is an interrupt, so the cutter will die before you take the damage if he takes the OA.

OOC: I will post my turn soon. I just need to be able to sit down with a map and figure out where everyone actually is. Hopefully there is something I can get CA on that's not a minion.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Finnean trails the rest of the group into the room.

"SURPRISE!"

The halfling yells as he stabs the unsuspecting goblin with his rapier causing it to crumple to the ground.

[sblock=Actions]Move: G7
OA: Opportunity Attack (1d20+6=16) (MISS)
Standard: Opening Move (1d20+8+2=28, 2d6+2d8+4=17) (HIT)[/sblock]

OOC: Turn Summary

• Finnean moves to flank the Blackblade with Cyrus.
  • Goblin Cutter 3 misses with an OA.
  • Finnean hits Goblin Blackblade for 17 damage, killing it.
  • Finnean gains a +6 power bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of his next turn.

jsb420

First Post
Island Tower – Level 3 – Round 2
[sblock=Previous Rounds]
[sblock=First Level]Round 1
Round 1a
Round 2
Round 3
Round 3-RETRO
Round 4
Round 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Second Level]Round 1
Round 2[/sblock]
[sblock=Third Level][URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/5761971-post741.html"]Round 1a

Round 1b[/sblock][/sblock]
Cyrus growls lowly as he gets pelted with blades of all sorts, though he continues the pursuit. Nimbly moving through the fray and getting out of the way of any incoming blasts to the large gathering. He raises his blade and moves to strike only to miss once again as the quick Skrom dodges nimbly. (MISS)

Suddenly, as Cyrus leaps into the image of the dragonborn, it bursts into flames! Sparks and embers sear the area and burn the lesser goblins. Skrom nearby is also caught in the illusory flames and the "ash" causes it to tear up. (HIT, HIT, MISS & HIT)

Ironheart thunders through the doorway and is stopped in his tracks as an arrow sinks into his bark. He growls and turns towards the source of the arrow - he spots the archer drawing another, but seeing that it's well out of range, instead he chops at the blackblade standing between them, startling it. Then he backs up and moves out of the doorway to let his companions past, crushing the small goblin up against the wall so that it would be forced to dart around him to strike at them. (HIT)

Ixenvalignat rushes into the room, taking a scrape from the sentry by the door. The blackblade is not so lucky as he attempts to hamper the warlord's progress. "Harrrrraaaaaaaaaaaah!" Lightning issues from Ixenvalignat's maw and singes practically everyone in the room, and the blackblade takes another nasty gash to the gut. The foul thing is still alive, but barely able to stand. "You won't be so lucky when my sword lands again!" (HIT, HIT, HIT & HIT; HIT)

Finnean trails the rest of the group into the room. "SURPRISE!" The halfling yells as he stabs the unsuspecting goblin with his rapier causing it to crumple to the ground. (HIT)

The goblin sharpshooters all take aim at a different hero and then loose their bolts. (MISS, HIT & HIT)

Skrom (in wolf form) skips back, gathers himself and lunges towards Cyrus, just barely striking through the feline warrior’s defense before the lupine form streaks away, its body shifting back into its humanoid form. Skrom stoops to grab his blade and roars in challenge. (HIT)

[sblock=Map]

Illumination: Inside: Bright; torch-light
Master’s Chamber Door: Wooden; 8-feet tall; NO panel
Interior Doors: Wooden; 8-feet tall; each door has a sliding iron panel at eye level for a Medium creature. The panels can be opened from either side with a Minor action.
Tables: blocking terrain; provides cover; if prone behind it, provides total cover.
Dotted Square: Trapdoor to rooftop battlement[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemy Actions]Goblin Sharpshooter 1 (B7): Standard: RBA (hand crossbow) against Ixenvalignat (AC 21): Ranged 10/20; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage: 1d20+11=17, 1d6+4=7 MISS; Move: kneel behind table (partial concealment); Free: reload hand crossbow

Goblin Sharpshooter 2 (E3): Standard: RBA (hand crossbow) against Finnean (AC 18+6): Ranged 10/20; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage: 1d20+11=27, 1d6+4=5 HIT for 5 damage; Move: kneel behind table (partial concealment); Free: reload hand crossbow

Goblin Sharpshooter 3 (H2): Move: Stand; Standard: RBA (hand crossbow) against Ironheart (AC 18): Ranged 10/20; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage: 1d20+11=29, 1d6+4=6 HIT for 6 damage; Free: reload hand crossbow

Skrom (E5): Standard: Jump Strike (recharge 5-6; Skrom shifts 3 squares before and after the attack) Shift: D6>C5>C6>D6; attack against Cyrus (AC 20); +8 vs. AC; 1d10+5 damage: 1d20+8=21, 1d10+5=11 HIT for 11 damage; Shift: D6>E5; Minor: Change Shape (humanoid); Move>Minor: pick up sword.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants][sblock=Killed Enemies]Goblin Blackblade: x2
Goblin Cutter: x9
Rat Swarm: x1[/sblock]
Goblin Sharpshooter: AC 16; Fort 14; Ref 16; Will 14; 44/44 hp; MBA (short sword): +10 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage; RBA (hand crossbow): Ranged 10/20; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage; Sniper: When a goblin sharpshooter makes a ranged attack from hiding and misses, it is considered to be hiding; Goblin Tactics: immediate reaction; at-will; when missed by a melee attack, the goblin sharpshooter can shift 1 square; Combat Advantage: the goblin sharpshooter deals an extra 1d6 damage against any creature it has combat advantage against, it can gain combat advantage against flanked creatures.
Goblin Sharpshooter 1 (B7): 40/44 hp; Status: partial concealment
Goblin Sharpshooter 2 (E3): 40/44 hp; Status: partial concealment
Goblin Sharpshooter 3 (H2): 44/44 hp; Status:
[sblock=Picture] [/sblock]

Skrom, Barghest Savage: AC 19; Fort 18; Ref 17; Will 15; 152/152 hp; MBA (Broadsword – humanoid form): +8 vs. AC; 1d10+5 damage; MBA (Bite – wolf form): +8 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage; Jump Strike: recharge 5-6; Skrom shifts 3 squares before and after the attack; +8 vs. AC; 1d10+5 damage; Power Feed (Wolf form only): +6 vs. Will; 2d6+5 psychic damage and Skrom gains the use of an at-will or encounter attack power that he has seen the target use during this encounter. Skrom can only use this gained power in humanoid form and before the end of its next turn; Battle Lord Tactics: Skrom and his allies deal an extra 1d6 damage while flanking; Battle Talent: Skrom can score a critical hit with 19-20 on his melee attacks. On a critical hit, Skrom or one of his allies within 5 squares regains 4 hit points; Change Shape (minor): Skrom can change his shape to appear as a wolf or a bugbear; +2 to saving throws; Action Points: 1
Skrom, Barghest Savage (E5): 104/152 hp; Action Points: 1; Jump Strike; Power Feed; Status: -2 to attacks against Jesse TENT (Jesse); provokes CA to Jesse TENT (Jesse); cannot take opportunity actions TENT (Jesse)
[sblock=Picture] [/sblock]

Finnean (G7): 18/34 hp; HS 5/7; AP 1 ; Second Chance; Ardent Surge [1]; Second Wind; Status: +6 to AC and Reflex TENT
Ixenvalignat (F8): 30/42 hp; HS 8/8; AP 1; Inspiring Word [1], [2]; Second Wind; Status:
Cyrus (E7): 5/36 hp; HS 8/9; AP 1 ; Second Wind; Status: BLOODIED
Jesse (i10): 30/33 hp; HS 5/7; AP 1; Potion of Healing; Second Wind; Status:
Ironheart (H8): 35/49 hp; HS 10/13; AP 1 ; Wood Woad Resolve; Second Wind; Status:
[/sblock]
GM: Summary:

Finnean: 5 damage
Ixenvalignat: 4 damage (AoO); missed (AoO); missed
Cyrus: 11 damage; BLOODIED
Jesse:
Ironheart: 8 damage (readied action); missed (readied action); 6 damage

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ironheart circles carefully around behind the combatants, grasses pushing their way between the flagstones with his every step. When he is in place behind Skrom, the grasses suddenly surge forward to entangle the legs of the barghest, and of the nearest goblin. Ironheart draws back his axe - and suddenly whirls and charges the cowering goblin in the corner. His axe bounces off the edge of the table and gashes it on the rebound, but only shallowly. Ironheart rumbles a curse.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to H5 (3 squares), then F3 (2 squares), then E4 (1 square)
Free: Nature's Wrath: mark all adjacent enemies (Skrom and Sharpshooter 2) until end of my next turn.
Standard: charge to G4 and attack Sharpshooter 3 with Warden's Lunge (marking him as well until end of my next turn)

This triggers an OA from Sharpshooter 2, but not Skrom since he can't make opportunity actions. I'll let the DM roll that since I'm not sure if it can make an OA with a crossbow.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads