[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
With the kobolds dropped Tamarand rushes over to the fallen half-elf, then sees the many wounds. Having an extensive experience with these type of injuries, or at least the magic behind them, the drow quite adeptly stops the bleeding. With the wounds stopped, Tamarand smiled to himself as he awaited Shava to awake, just so he could point out exactly who it was that saved her from bleeding out.

Shava sis up with a start, and screams out, "Elec!" before half swooning again and leaning on Roswyn for support. She looks around, breathing heavily, and takes in the situation. She remembers where she is and what happened but something seems out of place.

"Why does it smell like fish and bird droppings?" She looks down at her clothes, paste smeared through the tears and burns of her outfit, and quickly buttons up the top of her blouse. She calls on her stores of endurance, and pushes herself up to standing.

"Well I suppose I needed new clothes regardless. Have we learned anything since I was out? Those were not you're average kobold thugs." Not waiting for an answer, she begins scanning the area and looking over the bodies herself.

Brenron coughs and rolls onto his side after Tondrek binds his wounds. Blood flecks his lips as he regains his composure.

Both the half breeds shift their sight into the arcane spectrum. Scanning the area, Tondrek notices an aura from the club proper. Further investigation reveals a box, about the size of a chest. It appears as if this device was generating the music heard in the club.

Shava meanwhile goes across the club, to the room where the horde of kobold gang bangers came from. Inside she finds a large chest, which is already open. Perhaps they were exchanging something?

This is where the magic was emanating from. Inside a sturdy case is a well made crossbow made of darkwood. Elven letter are engraved near the trigger. It reads "Sureshot". In a soft doeskin pouch is a delicate silver chain. The chain itself seems rather strong considering it's appearance though.

At the bottom of the chest is wide leather belt, dyed a light blue. Black metal studs add to it's sturdiness. Beside the belt is loosely closed bag. Inside are a veritable haul of gold and gems!

[sblock=XP]
Skill Challenge: Get into the club: 58 xp each
Encounter 4: Dirty Money: 701 each

Everybody gains 759 xp. This is enough to level Rohna, Tamarand, and Roswyn. Sorry SG(that is what you get for starting at level 6 ;) ). With the other joining up later, they are a bit further behind in xp.[/sblock]

[sblock=SG]Did you just add that wishlist? If the crossbow is not okay, I'll work things out.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
As Rohna ties up the kobolds she notices a something underneath the rubble that the storm created. It seems to be a trapdoor. Then there was always the question of what they were going to do with their prisoners.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]I did just add the wishlist. :) What is the crossbow (and other items) anyway? They're in game descriptions are a bit too vague for me this morning. ;) Knowing the items is important for id'ing what parcel they come from....

Just make sure you double all the XP, as normal. In addition, you *could* hand out RP now (which may help with the bump for Tondrek); I still have to RP to help w/ Tondrek anyway. I'll need to search for the other XP posts...[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Exp already doubled. I was going to wait until the end of the addy to hand out RP. Creates less confusion as far as who gets what I think. The next encounters shouldn't take nearly as long as this one, so it shouldn't be too long for the rest of you.
Targetting Crossbow+2
Amulet of protection +2
Belt of Vim
The "sound box" is a RP item, something I thought Tondrek would be intrigued by.
1200gp in gp and gems<--Works out to 1/5 n per person(168gp per person, except Tondrek who gains 360 gp)

If that breaks suspension of disbelief too much, let me know, I'll change the gp amount and figure out how SG get the extra gp.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Also, please post an updated summary of surges and hp.[/sblock]

Tondrek: 34/53 6/10(13) AP: 0
*Shava: 27/39 3/7(9) AP: 0
Brenron: -10/44 8/9(11) AP: 1 -- 1 failed death save
*Tamarand: 41/41 5/8(10) AP: 0
Rohna: 25/51 resist 1 all 10/13 AP: 1--
Roswyn: 25/35 4/7(8) AP: 1

*After Short rest

[sblock=Shava]Shava is able to determine that the kobolds that rose from the dead did so because of proximity to an area influenced by Dolurrh. Also she recognizes the kobold spellcaster as a powerful sorcerer, one definately influenced by it's draconic master.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tondrek]Tondrek recognizes the kobold spellcaster as a powerful sorcerer, one definately influenced by it's draconic master.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Curses, 40 XP short even if I spend my two RP. Do I get any if I kill off one of the PCs instead of healing them? ;)

Tondrek spend 1 HS to get to 47/53, and 4/10 HS. We have a 1 HS discrepancy somewhere.

Tondrek uses one of his 2 (1 from a milestone) Arcane Empowerment to Impart Energy on his Battlestaff.

He'll take one HS from Shava and Tamarand for his infusions.[/sblock]Tondrek pokes at the box he found. Levers and chains and cranks and crystals and magic and... various loud and annoying sounds come from the device a moment much to the chagrin of all but the half-orc, who is grinning like a kid in a toy box. Sticking his tongue out, he twists and knocks and folds and then... silence. Tondrek frowns, slaps the device once with his hands, and then something a bit more mechanical sounding comes out. Its oddly soothing.

Pleased with himself, Tondrek trundles over to the others gathered about the chest. He claps seeing the items, and begins touching and prodding them, muttering under his breath the whole time. He holds up the crossbow a moment, then goes Pew! Pew! before setting it down. Tracing patterns along the chain, it glows cyan and green a bit, eliciting an Ooooooo before the drops it, ignored, for the belt. He scratches his head a moment, attempts to fit it around his waist (it doesn't fit) then sniffs it and... licks it. Red sparks come of when he does so. He soon drops the belt at well, focused on the crossbow, playing with its mechanisms.

When the others look at him a bit, Tondrek looks caught by surprise. Hmm? Oh, yeah, magic stuff! Pew Pew here shoots stuff good, uh, shiny metal chain be like this—he fishes an amulet from under his tunic, but this one is much more arcane and complex, likely a Tondrek Special—makes you more harder to do bad stuff to, and, uh, belt-thingy makes you all 'grr, me no want to be pushed around and and poisoned and stuff'. He smiles beatifically as if concluding a school recitation.

After a moment, he looks to the kobolds. Magic-magic kobald there channel dragon-magic. Big arcana-boost. Hopefully scaly boss not near. Do we make them talky or find other prisoners and stuff?

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]We are in agreement on status. I am now down to two healing surges, since Tondrek just took one from Shava.[/sblock]

"Interesting. . ." Shava's eyes light up at the treasure but she is more interested in Tondrek's description. Now I bet that guy would be useful on an airship. All sorts of things need to be improvised on the fly when the ship gets under fire. Not even close to enough gold to get one but everylittle bit helps I suppose. She fingers the belt absentmindedly.

"I agree with Tondrek. The connection between that wizard and some kind of arcane power source seems clear. The others seem to be under the influence of the plane of Dolurh, which explains thier sudden revitalization during the battle. We should be very careful, some slipping may still be in effect."

She looks around at the rest of the group and seems to finally notice Tammarand, near Roswyn, where Shava was lying before. Isn't that curious. I wouldn't have suspected him to aid in healing. Rather than pleasure or gratitude, Shava produced a look of contempt.

"Next time, the rest of us are in the thick of things, maybe you can move you're daggers a little closer to the fray and help spread attention out a bit more, hmmm?"

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Shava Devla d'Lyrandar
Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 ()
Initiative +5; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 12
HP 27/39, Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges 2/7
AC 16; Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 19
Speed 6
AP: 0

Skills Arcana +7, Athletics +12, Diplomacy +13, Insight +9
Feats Mark of Storm, Sorcerous Blade Channeling, Sure Climber
Equipment Challenge-Seeking Dagger +2, Sylvan Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Safewing Amulet +1, Identification Papers, with Portrait, Waterskin, Sunrod (2), Rope, hempen (50 ft.), Pouch, Belt (empty), Rations, Trail (10), Grappling Hook, Flint and Steel, Everburning Torch, Backpack (empty), Arcane Signet Ring, Ritual Book
Rituals Summon Winds

Powers
Lightning Strike, Storm Walk
Guiding Strike, Thunder Slam, Thundering Gust, Sorcerous Sirocco, Storm Power Defenses, Second Wind
Howling Tempest
Full Sheet[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Rohna spends 2 HS to get back to full HP. Is leveling automatic or is there some sort of training involved? And remember the selling of the kobold gear from the previous encounters can make up all the difference in gold, unless you want to make it a bonus for clever role playing ;). Happy birthday to me...[/sblock]
Rohna smiles to herself as the others hoot and holler at finding the stash of loot. As it should be... She lets them have their moment of lament before bringing the trapdoor to the attention of the group.

"Friends. Once you have finished digging around in there, I may have found where the captives were thrown. With all the talk of rising from the dead, I don't have high hopes for finding anyone alive down here." The tiniest goliath bows her blood smeared head a moment, her dreadlocks drip crimson onto the hidden door in the floorboards. "Shall we take a brief rest before checking it out?"

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
She looks around at the rest of the group and seems to finally notice Tamarand, near Roswyn, where Shava was lying before. Isn't that curious. I wouldn't have suspected him to aid in healing. Rather than pleasure or gratitude, Shava produced a look of contempt.

"Next time, the rest of us are in the thick of things, maybe you can move you're daggers a little closer to the fray and help spread attention out a bit more, hmmm?"
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

"Ouch, you know for someone who's lifeblood I just kept from ending up all over this floor you'd think there'd be a bit more gratitude. Ah well, next time Lyrander I can just leave you there." Tamarand tosses back, counting out his gold pieces and placing them in his rather full coin purse.

"So... who's up for jumping down the hole?" the drow asks.

[sblock=ooc]
Evo, I've leveled up. Should I wait until an xtended rest to add my new daily power and retrained at-will?[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Yes, I suppose you would. I suppose I should take you're comment to mean you're just a bit to cowardly to engage directly as requested then." She takes a but of cloth from her bag and begins cleaning her dagger. "By all means go and jump down the hole if it would make you feel more comfortable. I'm with Rohna though, and think a couple more minutes up here would be wise."

Shava smiles a bit smugly. "Anyone else interested in the belt?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads