[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ahhh I'm not understanding you Neurotic. I'm not in the F9-H11 line. If I were to move, my only options are H9 and F8. If there is a square(s) you'd like me to move to, please give me the letter/number.

Also, I have NO clue who's tokens are who's (other than me) so telling me a person (like saying protect edward) doesn't tell me where you want me to go.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Elecgraystone]
I'm sorry, I thought based on icons...

So, you're in blast area defined with square F9-H11, I want you to move out of it. It's either shift to F8 or move andsuffer OA...

but it's no longer relevant, I used another power and by my next turn situation is likely to change again...I didn't want to delay until euphie goes since I didn't know when you could post (with holidays et al) and it could slow down the fight.

sorry, I should have deleted move part...

cain is at H10
[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=OCC]
I'm sorry, I thought based on icons...
LOL Like I said I'm sure of my icon only. Everyone else's would be a guess.

So, you're in blast area defined with square F9-H11, I want you to move out of it. It's either shift to F8 or move andsuffer OA...
Without knowing where the blasts starting square was, giving me square ranges made it a bit difficult to figure out where to move. Maybe i'm missing something about how I'm to read blasts here (never had to use them). Also I move dead last, so my movement would have only helped you in NEXT rounds attacks no matter what I did this round.

but it's no longer relevant, I used another power and by my next turn situation is likely to change again...I didn't want to delay until euphie goes since I didn't know when you could post (with holidays et al) and it could slow down the fight.
Well as i stated above it wouldn't have mattered when I could post since I go on 3, so I couldn't move out of your way so you could attack in the same round.

cain is at H10.
I thought that would be you but you were talking about a blast hitting F9-H11 and you can't do that from where you are. Are you maybe talking about a burst and not a blast? I'm confused.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=ooc]
:) Every time new explanations.

So: first: DM posted where everyone is, thus, I know which icon iswhich character except for middle one which I assume is Edward

second: blast takes the area regardless of where I shoot it from, I plan on hitting blast 3 as stated. That could be accomplished by shifting (move action) to the right and blasting (standard)

Thrid: I planned on delaying until after you since enemies go first there is very little difference if I go last instead of you, but I decided NOT to wait so it's all moot...

Clear as bottom of tar barrel yet? :)

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: At the end of my summary post, where the initiatives are listed, each name has the @ symbol followed by their letter number location.

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
So: first: DM posted where everyone is, thus, I know which icon iswhich character except for middle one which I assume is Edward
I'm used to a seeing a list of icon = names on the map to start. I didn't see those and missed the summery locations. i was looking in the wrong place. I'm sure not having any sleep for the last day and a half might have had something to do with missing it. :)

second: blast takes the area regardless of where I shoot it from, I plan on hitting blast 3 as stated. That could be accomplished by shifting (move action) to the right and blasting (standard)
I'm still not getting what you mean by 'taking the area'. I can see several places that you can make a blast from that would hit the location you said. None of them are from where you where, so you'd have to move. So not knowing where you'll end up, how can I move? I could end up where you planned to attack from. You need to say the area AND where you are going to be. I need both.

Thrid: I planned on delaying until after you since enemies go first there is very little difference if I go last instead of you, but I decided NOT to wait so it's all moot...
Now THIS I understand. If you had said "I'm planning to delay, shift to I10 and hit F9-H11 with a burst 3. Can you move out of the way?" I wouldn't have had a question. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
"Stasi lookout!"

[sblock=ooc] Free action: Virtue of Cunning to slide Stasi to H6 when she is missed by shifter. I dont know if this prevents the flank attack from the foe who hit. As his attack was after the shifters but on the same initiative.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Retcon!

"Stasi lookout!"

Feeling compelled by her allies shout, Stasi jumps back. The orc beside her shifts around as well, to try and keep the girl wedged in.

OOC: After the longtooth's attack Stasi is shifted to H6. Orc 4 shifts to I6 instead of J7, and his attack goes on as before. (Looking at the roll it seems I did not give him the bonus for flanking anyway).

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Stasi spins to attack the orc who struck her, rage showing in her eyes.

"A stick, you brought a stick! You guys like ganging up, are you sure that's the best plan?"

[sblock="Actions"]
Minor: Oath of Emnity on Orc 4 at I6
Std:Sparking Wounds (1d20+10=23, 1d20+10=13, 1d12+5=7)
If that 23 hits, then At the end of the target's next turn, each enemy adjacent to the target takes 5 fire and lighting damage, and if no enemies are adjacent to it, the target takes 5 fire and lightning damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stasi stat block]Stasi Tonladar- Female Human Avenger 4
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC:21, Fort:16, Ref:18, Will:19 -- Speed: 6
HP:33/44, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges Per-Day 8/8
Initiative +2 Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Overwhelming Strike
Bond of Retribution
Radiant Vengeance

Oath of Enmity
Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead, Divine Guidance, Small Vengeance)
Compelling Blade
Sparking Wounds

Temple of Light

Refocus Emnity

Flaming Fullblade +1(Daily)
Enduring Spirit Vestments +2 (Daily)
Talon Amulet +1
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
An arrow careening towards his visage, Elec-Squall threw up an arm, and seemingly the shaft pierced his appendage! Flashing with power at the last moment his brooch swallowed up the offending projectile in reality.

The throbbing pain in his leg however, was proof positive they could swing a club!

Throwing his arm down, Elec-Squall unholstered one of his wands, limping back out of attacking range of his adversaries. Maneuvering behind Shanairra, sparks followed his footsteps, Please stay still Shanairra. Calmly asked the lightning wizard. Raising the unholstered wand it flashed with power, a bolt of lightning slammed into the Longtooth Shifters chest, and staggered him.

The wizard lost no time, closing his hands around Shanairra's ears, a thunderous BOOM sounded! The force of the thunderous wave rolled over the Longtooth Shifter and his Half-Orc Ally.

Dropping his hands from the sides of Shanairra's head, Elec-Squall made several instantaneous gestures, and the thunder forced itself on the wizards enemies, throwing them out of step and into the open!

Finishing the quick casting, the wand pulsed with power, Elec-Squall pointed it at the two targets of thunderous wrath, and small blue orbs coalesced at the feet of the Longtooth Shifter and Half-Orc. Enjoying the practice, but I advise you stand down.

[sblock=OOC]

During enemy turn, activate Brooch of Shielding as an immediate interrupt after being hit by half orc 2. Gain resist damage 10 against the attack. Resist all damage from that attack.

Elec-Squall at 24/35 HP, Marked by longtooth shifter 2, slowed (save ends)

Start Elec-Squall turn

Move Shift to J10

Minor pull Magic Wand +2

Link to Roll

Standard Empowering Lightning on Longtooth Shifter 2, 25 vs reflex for 24 Lightning Damage, and push Longtooth Shifter 2 to M9

"Wand of Accuracy:" The next time Elec-Squall uses the Wand of Accuracy class feature before the end of the encounter, he also gains a +4 bonus to that attack's damage roll.

AP Standard Rolling Thunder on Longtooth Shifter 2 14 vs reflex, and Half-orc 2 15 vs reflex, for 20 Thunder Damage (10 Thunder Damage on a miss) and slide Longtooth Shifter 2 to M8, and Half-orc 2 to N5, hit or miss.

"Effect:"Elec-Squall conjures a Thunderball in 1 square within each of the primary targets space. Each Thunderball lasts until the end of Elec-Squall's next turn and can make a secondary attack.
Opportunity Action; Arcane, Conjuration, Implement, Thunder
Melee 1. Trigger: A creature moves out of the Thunderballs square. "Secondary Target:" The triggering creature Attack: 17 vs Reflex on Longtooth Shifter 2, 20 vs Reflex on Half-orc 2; 5 thunder damage. "Sustain Minor:" The Thunderball persists.

[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads