• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Adventure focused on golens and golem making

balam_br

Explorer
Hello guys!!
Next week my group will invade the tower of a dwarf wizard, famous for his golem constructions and his warforged servants. Aside from the obvious combat encounters with golems... what kind of non combat encounters would you use to fill this tower? Does someone can point me to adventures centered on golems ? (any system... Just to mine ideas from) thank you guys!

Croesus

Adventurer
My first thought is using golems to perform all sorts of mechanical functions, such as:

- Dumbwaiter that is moved by very small golems pulling on a chain and pulley system.
- Doors open upon command. The golems that do so are just arms built into the walls around the doors. They can also be ordered to "lock" the door similar to a door stop or bar.
- Communications tube. Someone speaks into it and very small golems spaced apart repeat his words until they reach the destination within the tower.
- Various braziers and cauldrons that move upon command, so he can have it follow him around while he adds components for rituals.
- Orchestra. Various instruments such as harps, horns, and gitars that are built into one or more golems that then play the music on command.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Hello guys!!
Next week my group will invade the tower of a dwarf wizard, famous for his golem constructions and his warforged servants. Aside from the obvious combat encounters with golems... what kind of non combat encounters would you use to fill this tower? Does someone can point me to adventures centered on golems ? (any system... Just to mine ideas from) thank you guys!

Hard to answer that question without knowing what the PCs' goal is.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I urge you to read "Iron Council", which features a mage who is essentially a master golem maker. What if you had a golem made of time?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads