Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

Almightyfoon

First Post
Goldenhorn watches the priest's activities with some curiosity, then follows Mallaby below deck, though he has to duck his head so that his horns point outward. "I had best not stumble around in the dark," he says, trying to prevent himself from poking anyone. "I should impale someone before I was aware."

"Does that happen often?" Perin said sounding mildly concerned for his safety, as he was walking ahead on the Minotaur.

bluesfella

Explorer
Following the rest of the party below decks, he has to duck just to get through the doorway. Calling out to the Minotaur ahead of him, he says:

"Goldenhorn...I don't believe they made these ships with folks of our size in mind, eh?"

Tenchuu

First Post
"Dey call I an I da Spidah 'case Issa kwik lika spidah, an I an I gotta bite lika brun recloose, ya 'ear? Ya say leetal, I say true," Spider answered. He followed the others down inside the ship, trailing behind. Still, not one to miss a jape, he hollered down, "Ay, Gold'orn, mayhap I an I outta cap dem 'orns wit some wine corks. I bet da king a de cup got a few in his pocket!"

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"Dey call I an I da Spidah 'case Issa kwik lika spidah, an I an I gotta bite lika brun recloose, ya 'ear? Ya say leetal, I say true," Spider answered. He followed the others down inside the ship, trailing behind. Still, not one to miss a jape, he hollered down, "Ay, Gold'orn, mayhap I an I outta cap dem 'orns wit some wine corks. I bet da king a de cup got a few in his pocket!"

Graval laughs loudly, holding his stomach. "Aye, got plen'y o' them ta spare, what. Tha fancy Lord Mallaby was kind enough fer offerin' his dandy wine, don' fer doubtin'."

Mewness

First Post
"Ay, Gold'orn, mayhap I an I outta cap dem 'orns wit some wine corks. I bet da king a de cup got a few in his pocket!"
"I certainly hope it won't come to that!" Goldenhorn shouts back. To Zardi, he says, "Let us hope that we fit in these cabins horizontally, if not vertically."

Tenchuu

First Post
"Ay, Lor' Malabee, I an I know ya said back a de pub dat ya Lady an 'er Fadda a'ready be sailin fo de ol' world," Spider said. "So, who den issa dis ooman 'anging on ya eva'ry word back a de dock?"

BenBrown

First Post
"Ah, that, my friend, is the lady Arabella Blackford, and old and dear friend, and a companion from my early childhood. She is very beautiful, is she not?"

Mallaby leads the group into a large room on the first deck down with a skylight in the center. Several sturdy hanging bunks line the walls, including some large enough for Zardi. The room is clean and well-kept in sailorly fashion.

"Ah, now here will be your quarters," he says. "I apologize that I can not give you individual cabins, but this is my fastest vessel, and no mere pleasure yacht. Now, if you'll follow me. . ."

He heads into a passageway leading aft, and from there through a door into a large cabin occupying the starboard part of the ship's stern. A sturdy, yet clearly removable partition runs down the centerline of the ship. The room has some of Mallaby's personal effects strewn about, and what seems to be another hanging bunk tied up against the wall. Strong light still enters through the gallery windows at the stern of the ship. There is a table in the center upon which Mallaby now places three items: first, a map of part of the Allarian coast and interior, second, a scroll with a series of detailed directions, and third, a small book with a peacock embossed on the cover--a symbol of Juna, queen of the gods and patron of marriage.

"This," Mallaby says, "contains the Tirconis wedding ceremony. I must have the proper forms memorized by the time we reach Count's Crovale. According to my intended, the ceremony must be properly conducted for the blessings to continue to fall upon her family, which will also be my family when I am united with my dove." He sighs wistfully. "Ah, the waiting is nearly heartbreaking, but I persevere, as I must."

"Now, according to this plan, presented to me by my dear one's father, our fastest route is to land here,"
he points at a spot on the map, "at Ristaren, and make our way up the old highway to here. A mile or two off the highway is the village of Achirem, which is still thriving in the midst of rough country, so they say. From there we cross Derianis ridge, and then down to Crovale. The last part through the hills may be dangerous, but with such stout companions as you, I have no fear I shall not reach my goal, and be wed upon the full moon to my beloved.

"If you need anything at all during this voyage, you know where to find my cavern. I shall make myself available to you, so do not hesitate to seek me out. And now, if that is indeed my steward returning with the Trezanthine I would like to propose a toast to a prosperous voyage."

BenBrown

First Post
OOC: About how long away is the deadline?

OOC: Goldenhorn asked something similar back in the tavern. Time is kind of fuzzy in the tavern, and not much less on adventures. I'm honestly not sure how long the trip from Daunton to Allaria normally takes, so I'm handwaving it. Note that I used a particularly vague measure of due date. Once you make landfall, I'll give a more precise length of time.

Remove ads