Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

Almightyfoon

First Post
"Dangerous? Any idea what we'll be seeing in the hills?" Perin asks, struggling to get a good view of the map from behind the goliath and the minotaur. Why he didn't stand behind the dwarf was a reason only known to him.

BenBrown

First Post
According to Mallaby's map, Ristaren is on the coast, perhaps 100 miles south of Fromish. This is close enough to the Hzakan border that it would be no great surprise to encounter goblin raiders.

"I've no idea what manner of creature lurks in the hills," Mallaby says. "I've just been told that we may find safety at Achirem, and to take care beyond that. I can not think, though, that the father of my beloved would not have told me of anything notably dangerous that I should know of."

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
According to Mallaby's map, Ristaren is on the coast, perhaps 100 miles south of Fromish. This is close enough to the Hzakan border that it would be no great surprise to encounter goblin raiders.

"I've no idea what manner of creature lurks in the hills," Mallaby says. "I've just been told that we may find safety at Achirem, and to take care beyond that. I can not think, though, that the father of my beloved would not have told me of anything notably dangerous that I should know of."

The dwarf stands, armed crossed, looking over the map and their proposed travel plan. "Aye, tha' makes sense, unless tha father dun wan' ye ta be marryin' his daugh'er, what," he says in a very off-handed way. "This tha way the lass took on her own jour...joorn...her own trip?"

Tenchuu

First Post
"Pas dis mountain," Spider says pointing to the mountain range west of Fromish, "Dis all 'oblin lans. Eval, Eval tings, I know. An I an I tell ya now: iffna I see any 'oblin kind, de 'eads are Is, ya 'ear?"

bluesfella

Explorer
At the mention of Goblins, Zardi's eyes narrow and his brow furrows noticeably.

"If we come across the small little goblins, you may have their heads, Spider...but if we are met by the bigger ones, the Bugbears...then I will have my own vengeance on them."

As he is speaking, Zardi reaches up to one of the leather cords around his neck and pulls it forward. Threaded through this necklace is the ear of a Bugbear, a rather large one, judging by the size of it.

"This is the ear of the last Bugbear I faced. Remind me one day to tell you the tale. It is...not a pleasant story."

Mewness

First Post
Goldenhorn, whatever his past experience with goblinkind may have been, does not take part in the negotiations over body parts, although he does look at Zardi's trophy with some interest. "Let's hear your toast," he says to Lord Mallaby. "I should like to return to the deck and observe the sea, for until I came to Daunton, I had never before seen it, and it is a marvel."

BenBrown

First Post
Mallaby raises his glass "To the Starlight's Veil. May the seas be calm, the winds fair, and may she carry us safely to port."

And so, the voyage begins. The Starlight's Veil cuts swiftly through the waves, and the misty reaches of the seas pass quickly by. In the flat open seas, one day blends into another, with only the changing of the watch to mark the time. The time goes by quickly, though, and soon the ship lies at anchor off the coast of Allaria.

The captain orders the launch lowered, and the crew manages to help those less used to boats in getting on board it. Mallaby has a few final words with the captain, and the boat pulls away, depositing Mallaby and his company on the rocky beach where the village of Ristaren.

This was, like most places on the continent, once a much greater place. Although never a great port, it did a prosperous trade in importing luxuries to the inland estates. Now its old pier is a crumbling ruin, good as nothing more than a breakwater, many of its stones removed to fortify the village wall. The village itself no longer deals in much trade, ekes out a meager living from the sea, fishing for enough to feed itself. Still, its coastal location means it is not entirely isolated, and its people are welcoming to strangers. After some time at sea, it is unusual to sleep in an unmoving bed, but in the morning, the party awakens ready for the next phase of their journey.

[sblock=ooc]sorry for the delay. I've gotten distracted by writing up the encounters.

If there is anything else anyone wants to buy (and can afford), this is the last place to do it. If nobody says anything by tomorrow, I'll post the next bit.

Sorry about the lack of pirates. I'll try to make it up to you. :devil:
[/sblock]

Almightyfoon

First Post
Perin, while disappointed at the rather uneventful voyage, was happy to be on dry land once again. He'd never been on a ship before and the trip did not agree with him. However a good night sleep on a sturdy bed and decent food brought him back to his normal friendly self. Rising earlier than the rest of the group Perin spent the morning roaming about town chatting with the townsfolk about the surrounding area and any things they should watch out for.

[sblock=rolls]rolls[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
The people of Ristaren are generally in a good mood. Hzakan raids have been few and far between recently, and either the inland settlements must be taking the brunt of the raids, or something is keeping them down. The spring planting has gone off without a hitch in the fields outside the walls, and if the situation keeps up, they won't be eating just fish all next winter. They tell Perin that the old road that leads inland is a good track, but can't say much about what happens when one turns off it.

Remove ads