Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

Tenchuu

First Post
"Ay, Lissen up. I an Grava gonna take da point. Da God Sword an da Mount'in-mon, ya take up da r'ear. Gold'orn an Mista Magi, ya gonna stay wit Lor' Malabee, r'ight in da midda, ya 'ear? Gotta keep da bossmon safe, ya 'ear?" Spider says, confidently giving out instructions to the group.

"Do ya know where I an I issa goin?"
Spider asked Lord Mallaby. "Mayhap ya can 'ire a loca-mon ta sho I an I da way. Ya dun wanna git los' out 'ere, dis I know."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Posting Mini Stats and action block for future reference.

[sblock=Action Block]
Move:
Minor:
Standard:

• Target1:
  • Attack1:
  • Damage:
  • Effect:
[/sblock][sblock=Spider Stat block]Jarro 'Spider' Sarak - Male Half-Orc Slayer 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +10, Passive Insight: +10

Defenses:

AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 14, Will: 11 -- Speed: 6 (+2 Charging)

Vitality:
HP: 27/27, THP: 0/0 Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Giant

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Fullblade 1d12+8
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+8

Powers:
At-Will:
MBA, Charge MBA, RBA, Berserker's Charge Stance, Poised Assault Stance
Encounter: Furious Assault, Power Strike, Half-Orc Resilience
Daily:

Weapons:
1 Fullblade 1d12
1 Dagger 1d4

[/sblock][sblock=Spider's Journal]
1. Lord Adelin Mallaby recruits me and some other adventurers from the Tavern. He asked for protection, on a trip to Allaria. He is to be wed to Elena of Terconis, daughter of the Count of Terconis. According to tradition, the wedding must take place at the ancient chapel of the Terconis family, and the chapel in Count's Crovale lies in the high hills of old Allaria. The lady and the Count are already there.
2. The adventurers board Starlight's Veil, Mallaby's brig. The ship is built for speed, not cargo or battle.
3. Intended Path: Land at Ristaren (100 miles south of Fromish), and make our way up the old highway to here. A mile or two off the highway is the village of Achirem, which is still thriving in the midst of rough country, so they say. From there we cross Derianis ridge, and then down to Crovale. The last part through the hills may be dangerous.
4. We land at Ristaren, and it is a small, poor town.

NickNames
Grava
God Sword
Mount'in-mon
Gold'orn
Mista Magi
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Almightyfoon

First Post
"The word around town is the old road leading inland is a good route, shouldn't be too much trouble going down it. And apparently the Goblins haven't been seen to much around here." Perin said to the rest of the assembled group. He sighed slightly, Another uneventful leg of the trip. Perin thought to himself, still though he was excited, it'd only been a month or so since he'd left home, he'd already been to the biggest city on the continent, been on a ship across the ocean, and was now setting out on adventure through the hills of Allaria. Despite a distinct lack of pirates, it was a grand adventure thus far.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"Ay, Lissen up. I an Grava gonna take da point. Da God Sword an da Mount'in-mon, ya take up da r'ear. Gold'orn an Mista Magi, ya gonna stay wit Lor' Malabee, r'ight in da midda, ya 'ear? Gotta keep da bossmon safe, ya 'ear?" Spider says, confidently giving out instructions to the group.

"Do ya know where I an I issa goin?"
Spider asked Lord Mallaby. "Mayhap ya can 'ire a loca-mon ta sho I an I da way. Ya dun wanna git los' out 'ere, dis I know."

"Aye, sounds a plan, an' a righ' sound one wit' tha righ' dwarf in tha lead, what." Graval says, adjusting the straps on his overstuffed pack to prepare himself for the long journey. "An' iffen tha townfolks say tha road is clear, we can be makin' good time ta Mallaby's sweetie so le's stop tha horsin' around an' git ta movin'."

BenBrown

First Post
After a hearty breakfast, during which Lord Adelin Mallaby compliments his hostess's bread, bacon, hair, and voice, and has to be pulled away after he begins composing a sonnet to her eyes, the party sets out from Ristaren.

The first several days of the journey go smoothly. The old road, wide and paved with stone blocks cuts straight through the wilderness. Every few miles, the sad remains of a ruined village appear, but the land has been long unpopulated, and these villages only house wild beasts, who flee at the fist sign of danger. Mallaby has provided fine provisions, and meals are pleasant and scrumptious. This might almost be a pleasure stroll, save for the knowledge that the group's arms and armor might be all that is keeping beasts and bandits at bay. Just after noon on the fifth day, the party reaches a tall red column, still standing in spite of the ruin of the country.

"Here we take the right-hand path,"
Mallaby says, pointing to a narrow, dusty track that departs the road and leads into the tangled woodland. "We should reach the village of Achirem by nightfall."

The party plunges into the forest. The road is little travelled, and overgrown in many places, and the heavy vines and thick trees limit visibility beyond the path.[sblock=Perception DC 20]You spot large gray-white masses briefly through the tangle, looking like cobwebs or caterpillar tents.
[/sblock][sblock=marching order]Thanks of thinking of that Tenchuu. Enworld won't let me add to your XP, though. If that marching order is okay with everyone, I'll just go with that[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Goldenhorn laughs good-naturedly at Spider's arrangements, having been about to say something similar himself.

After the group has been walking through the forest for a little while, he raises his hand. "Stop a moment!" he says, and points through the trees. "See there, those white objects. Like very large cocoons, perhaps. I know nothing of the wildlife here, but I dislike the look of them." Goldenhorn readies his sword and shield.

[sblock=roll]Perception DC 20 1d20+6=23[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Ya do seem ta 'ave a whay wit da oomen, Lor' Malabee," Spider joked as they left for the road.

Spider stops at Goldenhorn's command. Unsheathing his huge sword, he stuck the point in the ground and put his weight on the blade somewhat, leaning forward to get a better look without stepping forward.

"Ya sure, Gold'orn? Dey looka like big rocks ta I," Spider said, unsure. "Wha' ya tink, Grava?"

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
I Didn't think I was going to crit that perception roll...

[sblock=Action Block]
Move:
Minor:
Standard:

• Target1:
  • Attack1:
  • Damage:
  • Effect:
[/sblock][sblock=Spider Stat block]Jarro 'Spider' Sarak - Male Half-Orc Slayer 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +10, Passive Insight: +10

Defenses:

AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 14, Will: 11 -- Speed: 6 (+2 Charging)

Vitality:
HP: 27/27, THP: 0/0 Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Giant

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Fullblade 1d12+8
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+8

Powers:
At-Will:
MBA, Charge MBA, RBA, Berserker's Charge Stance, Poised Assault Stance
Encounter: Furious Assault, Power Strike, Half-Orc Resilience
Daily:

Weapons:
1 Fullblade 1d12
1 Dagger 1d4

[/sblock][sblock=Spider's Journal]
1. Lord Adelin Mallaby recruits me and some other adventurers from the Tavern. He asked for protection, on a trip to Allaria. He is to be wed to Elena of Terconis, daughter of the Count of Terconis. According to tradition, the wedding must take place at the ancient chapel of the Terconis family, and the chapel in Count's Crovale lies in the high hills of old Allaria. The lady and the Count are already there.
2. The adventurers board Starlight's Veil, Mallaby's brig. The ship is built for speed, not cargo or battle.
3. Intended Path: Land at Ristaren (100 miles south of Fromish), and make our way up the old highway to here. A mile or two off the highway is the village of Achirem, which is still thriving in the midst of rough country, so they say. From there we cross Derianis ridge, and then down to Crovale. The last part through the hills may be dangerous.
4. We land at Ristaren, and it is a small, poor town.

NickNames
Grava
God Sword
Mount'in-mon
Gold'orn
Mista Magi
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

bluesfella

Explorer
Zardi lifts his axe into position for a strike...

"Goldenhorn...Spider...do you think these things are dangerous?"

Peering at them through the trees, he asks: "Could they be spiderwebs or something?"

[sblock=OOC]Haven't used an online dice roller in a while, just making sure I've got it down. I'm rolling a Nature check, even though it wasn't asked for...feel free to ignore it if you want![/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Indeed spiderwebs appears to be the correct answer. A closer look reveals a bone sticking out of one. Probably of an animal, but it's difficult to say. Spiders, and from all appearances fairly big ones, have wrapped up their prey here.

The webs grow thicker until they are practically lining the sides of the path. Then as the party creeps cautiously forward, a large, low area of thick webbing comes into view, cutting completely across the path. A man-sized spider crouches behind it.
[sblock=initiative]Spider (1d20+4=21) Okay, his name may cause some confusion in this fight.
Enemies (1d20+2=21)
Eraden (1d20+1=13)
Perin (1d20+3=12)
Graval (1d20+2=12)
Zardi (1d20=12)
Goldenhorn (1d20=7)

So, Spider (Jarro Sarak) first, then the nasties, then everybody.
You may all attempt the perception and nature rolls before the combat starts.
[/sblock][sblock=map]
SpidersStartofCombat-1.gif

The spiderweb patterns are cobwebs, and are difficult terrain.
They span from tree to tree, but large holes in them, so don't provide cover or concealment.
The brown circles are tree trunks, and impassible.
These can provide cover.[/sblock][sblock=Nature 15] The big spider is an Allarian Jumping Spider.[sblock=Nature 20 (same roll)]It's got a mildly venomous bite, and it can swiftly pounce in amongst foes and knock its victim to the ground.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Perception 18]There are two smaller spiders hiding in the brush at N2 and behind the tree at G11.[sblock=Nature 15] These are Herd Spiders.[sblock=Nature 20 (same roll)]They have a venomous bite, and have a butting attack that pushes their foes.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Perception 22 (same roll)]There are some more smaller spiders scattered about at P3, L2, L12, I12, E3, and C8, hidden beneath the brush.[sblock=Nature 15] These are Venom Spitters.[sblock=Nature 20 (same roll)]As the name implies, they spit a stinging venom out to a range of 50 feet.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Mallaby]Lord Adelin Mallaby
AC: 15, Fort: 12, Ref: 13, Will: 14
:bmelee:Rapier +6 vs. AC, 1d8+4
Speed 6
HP: 26, Surge Value 6, Surges per day 5
Second Wind: unused

Mallaby is not a fully trained fighter. He will only defend himself on his own. He will however, follow orders. As a minor action, any character can have Mallaby spend an action. He can't use more than the usual complement (standard, move, minor) in one turn, but a PC's minor action can be used for any of them.

Try not to get him killed. He is paying for this, after all.[/sblock][sblock=enemies]Big Spider: AC 17, Fort 18, Ref 17, Will 14[/sblock][sblock=status]Eraden: HP 41/41, Surges 12/12, AP 1, second wind unused
Goldenhorn: HP 27/27, Surges 10/10, AP 1, second wind unused
Graval: HP 31/31, Surges 12/12, AP 1, second wind unused
Perin: HP 25/25, Surges 7/7, AP 1, second wind unused
Spider: HP 27/27, Surges 9/9, AP 1, second wind unused
Zardi: HP 31/31, Surges 11/11, AP 1, second wind unused

Mallaby: HP 26/26, Surges 5/5, AP 0, second wind unused

Enemy Spider: HP uninjured, AP 1[/sblock]

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Auch, spiders. Damned ugly beasties.

[sblock=Perception and Nature checks]Perception check: 1d20+7=12

Nature check: 1d20+2=18[/sblock]

"Guess there no be a need ta be askin' what them be, what." Graval drops his pack to the ground and, with one swift motion, readies his well-worn axe and shield for combat. "Tha' beastie be o' tha hoppin' va...varei...bah! It be o' tha hoppin' kind so be on yer toes."

He bangs his axe upon his shield and throws his shoulders back. "Time ta earn yer pay, lads!"

[sblock=Graval]
Graval Metalrent - Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Init: +2, Passive Percept: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 20, F: 16, R: 14, W: 12, Spd: 5
HP: 31/31, Blood: 15, Surge: 7, Surges left: 12/12
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Avail, Milestones: 0
Str: 18, Con: 16, Dex: 14, Int: 8, Wis: 14, Cha: 11

Basic Attacks:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +7 vs AC - Battleaxe; 1d10+4
If an enemy marked by Graval shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him, he makes a BMA (with a +2 to hit) against them. If hit, and the enemy was moving, they stop moving.
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Throwing Hammer; 1d6+4

Powers:
Combat Challenge, Brash Strike, Footwork Lure
Hack and Hew, Dwarven Resilience
Driving Attack

Conditions:
Nil
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads