• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC:
[MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION]
You should ready an attack with your standard.

"Ey, Grava, Ya not be goin anyw'ere wit out de Spidah, ya 'ear?"

Spider moved into the woods and lowered his stance to ready a charge. He used the big trees as cover to block his movements, and waited for the first enemy to target Graval.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: to M8
Minor:
Berserker's Charge Stance
Standard: Ready Charge Attack

• Trigger/Target: Target the first enemy to move adjacent to Graval who he does not drop. So, I am expecting him to take a swing at the first enemy. After that, he is ready to move against the first living adjacent enemy to Graval.
  • Attack: 1d20+11=20
  • Damage: 1d12+8=20

[/sblock][sblock=Spider Stat block]Jarro 'Spider' Sarak - Male Half-Orc Slayer 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +10, Passive Insight: +10

Defenses:

AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 14, Will: 11 -- Speed: 6 (+2 Charging)

Vitality:
HP: 24/27, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 7/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Giant

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Fullblade 1d12+8
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+8

Powers:
At-Will:
MBA, Charge MBA, RBA, Berserker's Charge Stance, Poised Assault Stance
Encounter: Furious Assault, Power Strike, Half-Orc Resilience
Daily:

Weapons:
1 Fullblade 1d12
1 Dagger 1d4

[/sblock][sblock=Spider's Journal]
1. Lord Adelin Mallaby recruits me and some other adventurers from the Tavern. He asked for protection, on a trip to Allaria. He is to be wed to Elena of Terconis, daughter of the Count of Terconis. According to tradition, the wedding must take place at the ancient chapel of the Terconis family, and the chapel in Count's Crovale lies in the high hills of old Allaria. The lady and the Count are already there.
2. The adventurers board Starlight's Veil, Mallaby's brig. The ship is built for speed, not cargo or battle.
3. Intended Path: Land at Ristaren (100 miles south of Fromish), and make our way up the old highway to here. A mile or two off the highway is the village of Achirem, which is still thriving in the midst of rough country, so they say. From there we cross Derianis ridge, and then down to Crovale. The last part through the hills may be dangerous.
4. We land at Ristaren, and it is a small, poor town.
5. We killed a bunch of spiders.
6. We arrived at Achirem, where Kelvan told us to watch out for:
a. Bramble scar: some kind of trap/pit thing we can't avoid.
b. Hzaka Raiders
c. Ismene: Local robin hood bandit type. Lady, with a band of rugged ladies.
7. Get Jumped, or try to Jump, some Hzaka Raiders.

NickNames
Grava
God Sword
Mount'in-mon
Gold'orn
Mista Magi
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Goldenhorn moves up beside Zardi, keeping behind the trees.

[sblock=actions]Double move to J10.[/sblock]
[sblock=Goldenhorn]Ingvar Goldenhorn Male Minotaur Cleric|Runepriest 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1
Righteous Brand
Word of Binding

Goring Charge
Divine Glow
Healing Word
Rune of Mending
Second Wind

Moment of Glory

Conditions:

Defiant Word: Whenever an enemy misses Goldenhorn with an attack, he gains a +4 (non-cumulative) bonus to damage rolls against that enemy until the end of his next turn.

Full sheet: Goldenhorn[/sblock]

Almightyfoon

First Post
Perin breathed deep and called on the energies deep within himself. He'd fry the first goblin that came in range.

OOC: Same actions, just adding a readied Lighting bolt for my standard.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to Q10 stealthily
Standard: Readying Lightning Bolt
Minor: Draw staff[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Perin breathed deep and called on the energies deep within himself. He'd fry the first goblin that came in range.

OOC: Same actions, just adding a readied Lighting bolt for my standard.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to Q10 stealthily
Standard: Readying Lightning Bolt
Minor: Draw staff[/sblock]

GM: The goblins go before Perin. Hold on. We'll get there.

BenBrown

First Post
"Archers up, and cover!" the flail-wielding Hobgoblin at the front shouts. "Forward by teams"

The goblin archers fan out, right and left, taking cover behind brush piles. The two of them on the right (as our heroes see it) target Zardi, both connecting, while those on the left, though hampered by the tree trunk he's behind, take a shot at Goldenhorn. Both miss. A final archer, right up the middle, shoots at Graval and hits him.

The hobgoblins form three groups, each with a flail-wielder flanked by two swords. One group sweeps around so that all three of them can attack Zardi One of the swords misses, but the other two strike home.. The other group moves to their right. There's only a narrow gap between the trees where they can attack Goldenhorn, but the squad leader's quick orders allow his subordinates to move in and out, both attacking, both hitting.

The bugbear crashes through the brush, leaping over a pile as he charges at Spider, giving him a mighty wallop with his morningstar.

[sblock=enemy actions]
Goblin 2
Move: to F15
Standard: Shortbow vs. Zardi (1d20+8=19) 4 damage.
Goblin 3
Move: to F16
Standard: Shortbow vs. Zardi (1d20+8=23) 4 damage.
Goblin 1
Move: to E9
Standard: Shortbow vs. Goldenhorn (1d20+8=14) miss.
Goblin 4
Move: to E8
Standard: Shortbow vs. Goldenhorn (1d20+8-2=7) miss.
Goblin 5
Move: to G12
Standard: Shortbow vs. Graval (1d20+8=28) 4 damage.

Sword 1
Move: to I11
Standard: Longsword vs. Zardi (1d20+6=20)
Flail 1
Move: to J11 via I12
Standard: Flail vs. Zardi (1d20+8=20, 1d10+5=15) and Zardi is marked until the start of the Hobgoblin's next turn.
Sword 2
Move: to K11 via I12 & J12
Standard: Longsword vs. Zardi (1d20+6=13)

Sword 3
Move: to I9
Standard: Longsword vs. Goldenhorn (1d20+6=21) 5 damage.
Sword 4
Move: to H8
Standard: Ready an action to attack Goldenhorn when shifted.
Flail 2
Move: to H9
Standard: Phalanx Movement. Adjacent allies may shift one square as a free action. Shift must end adjacent to the Hobgoblin. Sword 3 shifts to I8. Sword 4 shifts to I9 and attacks: Longsword vs. Goldenhorn (1d20+6=24) 5 damage.

Bugbear
Move: to J7
Standard: Charge to L7 Morningstar vs. Spider (1d20+9+1+4=24, 2d8+6=19)[/sblock][sblock=map]
Encounter2Round1.gif

The brown circles are tree trunks, which are impassible and block line of sight.
The groups of brown rectangles are brush piles. They're difficult terrain to move through and standing behind them provides cover against ranged attacks.
The gold colored lines across the map are contour lines indicating a change in elevation. When moving uphill (towards the top of the map) they cost an extra square of movement to cross, except when on the trail (the swath down the middle of the map).
[/sblock][sblock=status]Eraden: P11 HP 41+10/41, Surges 12/12, AP 1, second wind unused
Goldenhorn: J10 HP 17/27, Surges 10/10, AP 1, second wind unused
Graval: M11 HP 27/31, Surges 12/12, AP 1, second wind unused
Perin: Q12 HP 25/25, Surges 7/7, AP 1, second wind unused
Spider: M8 HP 8/27, Surges 9/9, AP 1, second wind unused
Zardi: R11 HP 3/31, Surges 11/11, AP 1, second wind unused, marked (Flail #1)

Mallaby: R13 HP 26/26, Surges 5/5, AP 0, second wind unused

Bugbear: L7 HP undamaged
Flail Hobgoblin #1: J12 HP undamaged
Flail Hobgoblin #2: H9 HP undamaged
Sword Hobgoblin #1: I12 HP undamaged
Sword Hobgoblin #2: K12 HP undamaged
Sword Hobgoblin #3: I8 HP undamaged
Sword Hobgoblin #4: I9 HP undamaged
Goblin #1: E9 HP undamaged
Goblin #2: F15 HP undamaged
Goblin #3: F16 HP undamaged
Goblin #4: E8 HP undamaged
Goblin #5: G12 HP undamaged[/sblock][sblock=Mallaby]Lord Adelin Mallaby
AC: 15, Fort: 12, Ref: 13, Will: 14
:bmelee: Rapier +6 vs. AC, 1d8+4
Speed 6
HP: 26, Surge Value 6, Surges per day 5
Second Wind: unused

Mallaby is not a fully trained fighter. He will only defend himself on his own. He will however, follow orders.
As a minor action, any character can have Mallaby spend an action. He can't use more than the usual complement (standard, move, minor) in one turn, but a PC's minor action can be used for any of them.

Try not to get him killed. He is paying for this, after all.[/sblock][sblock=enemies]Bugbear: AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 15, Will 11
:bmelee: +9 vs. AC, 2d8+6 or 3d8+6 if he has CA against the target. The bugbear gets a +4 to hit against targets not adjacent to any of their allies.

Flail Hobgoblin: AC 19, Fort 17, Ref 15, Will 15
:bmelee: +8 vs. AC, 1d10+5 and target is marked until the beginning of the Hobgoblin's next turn.
These guys have an immediate interrupt, the result of which the first time in a round that one of their adjacent allies would be hit by an attack vs. AC or Ref that hits by a margin of less than two, the attack misses.

Sword Hobgoblin: AC 17, Fort 15, Ref 13, Will 12
+2 to AC if adjacent to at least one hobgoblin ally.
:bmelee: +6 vs. AC, 5 damage.

Goblin: AC 13, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 12[/sblock]
GM: [MENTION=6670569]Almightyfoon[/MENTION], let me know if you want to keep the action you posted for this round.

Eternal54

First Post
Seeing his allies in danger Eraden springs foward past Graval, reaching a trio of hobgoblins by the goliath. "You have begun a battle which you can not win goblins!" He yells as he thrusts his blade into the flail wielder. As the sword pulls back from the enemy it gains a faint glow that flickers off and onto Goldenhorn. The palladin wills his goddess' fury at the other goblin beside him, taunting him into a careless attack.

"Zardi!" he yells after he regains his footing. "Retreat to the brushes for cover and try to flank them after youv'e healed." The giant did not look well and would likely need divine assistance if he could not disengage.

[sblock=Actions]
Move = Walk to k11
Standard = Shielding Smite hits flail 1 for 17 damage, and goldenhorn gets +2 AC till end of next turn.
Minor = Challange Sword 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Eraden]
Eraden-Male Half-Elf Paladin
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 21, For: 14, Ref: 14, Will: 16
HP: 41+10/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges/Day: 11/12
Speed: 5 Squares, Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin
AP: 1, Second Wind: Unused

Powers: Lay on Hands, Divine Challange, Bolstering Stike, Enfeebling strike, Channel Divinity: Devine Mettle, Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, Shielding Smite, Eyebite, Virtue, Radiant Delirium

Condition: +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls till EONT. (Goldenhorn)
[/sblock]

OOC:
Think it would be good if Graval went to help Spider so bugbear doesnt get +4 advantage.
Also, Ben you have me at full surges. My virtue used one up so im actually at 11.
This is gonna be a tough fight but should be fun. Hope we dont wipe out :/

Last edited:

bluesfella

Explorer
OOC: Just checking, but did Zardi get any opportunity attacks against the three enemies next to him?
Zardi, struggling from the massive damage he's taken, swings wildly at the three Hobgoblins in front of him. The first two manage to dodge his shaky swing, but the third is not so lucky...he takes the full force of the blow right to the face and is killed instantly. Zardi seems invigorated by the kill, and he smiles despite being barely able to stand.

"Graval, Eraden...you want in on this? Or do I need to handle these worthless Gobs on my own?"

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Great Cleave vs. 3 adjacent enemies
Minor: Stone's Endurance (resist 5 to all damage until start of next turn)
Move:none
Special: Spend Action Point to take Second Wind (+7 hp)
Free: Gain 3 temp hp from Rageblood Vigor[/sblock][sblock=Rolls]Great Cleave Attack (vs. Sword 1) (1d20+7=14) Miss!
Great Cleave vs. Flail 1 (1d20+7=15) Miss! :erm:
Great Cleave vs. Sword 2 (1d20+7=22) Hit! :D
Damage vs. Sword 2 (1d12+8=18)oops, I think he's a minion, so this roll wasn't needed, sorry[/sblock][sblock=Zardi's Stats]Zardi - Goliath Barbarian 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Senses: Normal vision
AC:16, Fort:17, Reflex:10, Will:12
Basic Attack Greataxe: +7 vs AC, 1d12 +5 damage (When charging, add 1d6 damage from Howling Strike)
Ranged Basic Attack Throwing Hammer: +7 vs AC, 1d6+5 damage
HP:10+3/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Howling Strike, Pressing Strike, Rageblood Vigor
[-]Stone's Endurance[/-], Feral Might: Swift Charge, [-]Great Cleave[/-]
Bloodhunt Rage

Conditions:none[/sblock]
OOC: One more question, my Swift Charge power allows me to charge an enemy when I reduce any enemy to 0 hp, but I can't charge unless I'm at least 1 square away from them, correct? Since I didn't move, could I spend my move action to back up then charge?

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
The Hobgoblin swordsman that Zardi hit crumples to the ground.
OOC: Also, Ben you have me at full surges. My virtue used one up so im actually at 11.
This is gonna be a tough fight but should be fun. Hope we dont wipe out :/
GM: Duly noted.
OOC: Just checking, but did Zardi get any opportunity attacks against the three enemies next to him?
GM: Nope. They swept around out of reach
OOC: One more question, my Swift Charge power allows me to charge an enemy when I reduce any enemy to 0 hp, but I can't charge unless I'm at least 1 square away from them, correct? Since I didn't move, could I spend my move action to back up then charge?
GM: Reading the power, it looks to me like it has to happen immediately after you drop your opponent.

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
"Old Mother Flärke, your kinsman calls!" Goldenhorn bellows. "Merciful Bjursta, aid your descendant!" A flash of light sears one of the Hzakans and life energy flows into Spider and Zardi.

[sblock=actions]Healing word on Spider. Spider can spend a surge and heal an additional 10.

Rune of Mending on Zardi (rune of destruction). Zardi can spend a surge. Ironhorn, Eraden, Spider, Zardi, and Graval all get +2 on damage rolls until end of next turn.

Divine glow on Zardi, Eraden, sword 1 and flail 1. Sword 1 is hit for 8 radiant. Zardi and Eraden get +2 power bonus to attack rolls until end of next turn.

Didn't realize sword 4 was a minion when I rolled word of binding. I wouldn't have done it in that case, as it's pointless to kill him. I'd like to retcon the AP if I can.[/sblock]
[sblock=Goldenhorn]Ingvar Goldenhorn Male Minotaur Cleric|Runepriest 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal
AC:17 (19), Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16
HP:17/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1?
Righteous Brand
Word of Binding

Goring Charge
Divine Glow
Healing Word
Rune of Mending
Second Wind

Moment of Glory

Conditions: +2 AC (Eraden)

Defiant Word: Whenever an enemy misses Goldenhorn with an attack, he gains a +4 (non-cumulative) bonus to damage rolls against that enemy until the end of his next turn.

Full sheet: Goldenhorn[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads