Adventure Group Names

Crothian

First Post
The group had a chance to name themselves but never did so the newspaper did. It was easier to refer to them that way.

Stormonu

Legend
I appreciate all the feedback. Some of our group rode horses into battle and then got pushed off a cliff. So we could be Bloody Horses.

I like the idea of letting it come from how we play.

I'd go with Raining (reigning) Horses. Or, perhaps, Bloody Mares. ;)

Groups I've DMed included:

Link & Company (by official charter, led by a high elf named, of course, "Link")
Fellowship of the Burning Portal (named for the antics of a pyromaniac dwarf barbarian)
The Black Hand (adventurers turned pirate, the leader a wizard with a hand blackened by a curse)
Heroes of the Wood (a ranger-led group who worked for a druidic sect)

and several unnamed groups.

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I've never given a name to an party. The game I'm running now, however needs a name.

The PC's party of 3 is playing in a world under gradual attack from the outside with the permission of the King and ruling class in exchange for keeping their ceremonial roles in the new kingdom to come. The PC's oppose this, and have wrecked havoc across the land. They have been chased into the last major city that is ruled by free and rebellious leaders. When they enter the city, I want them to hear people whisper their party's name - a name that unbeknown to them, others have been spreading.
How about calling your group "Dogs of War"? From Shakespeare's phrase "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war."

My 4E Group named themselves after they melted the ice-covered tower near the Forgotten Realms town of Loudwater. They are called "The Defrosters."

Marx420

First Post
I had one group named the Iron Imperators (commanders in ancient rome) consisting of gun wielding rogue/dread commando, Fighter/Exotic Weapon Master, and me the Marshal/Legendary Leader along with a never ending succession of part time player sword fodder.

No casters allowed! We'd seriously bust through like 3 full dungeon levels per 14 hour session, but this was a few years back when I had more time to play.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
While we don't usually name our adventuring companies, our current group has kind of been named "THEM!" (accompanied by points and people running away).

The Little Raven

First Post
When I was younger, there was more of a tendency of naming our adventuring companies, but as I got older, it kinda faded into the background. We'd do it sometimes, but it wasn't really a priority.

The Champions of Baldwar Mountain - My first adventuring group, back when I was 7 years old. We defended a dwarven kingdom and its neighboring human ally from assaults by drow, duergar, orcs, goblins, evil wizards, undead, vengeful fey, evil cultists, and barbarian hordes. Very character-centric, with many sidetreks for personal reasons.

The House of Four - Retainers of a mysterious noble who delivered his orders through various intermediaries. We took on A-Team-style jobs while waiting for orders from the boss, with the campaign culminating in a strong arc featuring our master in person. Had a whole lot of politics and intrigue, along with some mass battle.

The Graveyard Shift - My friend ran a long undead-themed campaign back in high school, so we took this tongue-in-cheek name for ourselves. Very much beer and pretzels.

Scavenger Sons - The name my group took the last time I ran a mercenary themed campaign.

Remove ads