Adventure: Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement! (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Judge: Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]NP Theroc. Also, things tend to slow down as we get into late December what with family gatherings and all. I'm still here, but I'll be slow until about the week of the 20th. I should have more time then.

I'll post the thief-lord's actions and update status tonight. I'm off to work.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
As the adventurers rush the thief-lord, his lips quiver in fear, and as such does what any self respecting coward would do. He reaches into his tunic and pulls the amulet from around his neck, “You want this that badly!?” He cocks his arm back and lofts the necklace through the air, “Go get it!” and launches the talisman over the heads of his assailants. Fenwick follows the jeweled missile with his eyes, transfixed as it flies through the air, and shudders as it strikes Riardon on the forehead with a sickening smack.

Stars flash in Riardon’s vision as the necklace bounces end-over-end, landing behind a pile of odds-and-ends horded into a corner by the thieves. Riardon loses sight of the prize, but suddenly becomes aware of another rewarding find. Obviously this stash was meant to be put on the boat with the rest of the things, but left behind when the fight interrupted the effort.

Jin, however, doesn't let himself get distracted (to be fair it was more out his inability to follow the trajectory of the necklace around the corner than out of discipline). As the necklace leaves the thief-lord’s hand, Jin’s blade comes down on the rogue’s shoulder cutting through the mail and into the bone. By the time Fenwick looks back in his direction, he is too late to be of any help, but Rujah had been waiting for his mark to do something stupid like this…

[sblock=Mechanics]Minor: Draw necklace from within his shirt
Standard: Ranged attack with necklace
Target: Riardon
OA from Jin: 1d20+6= 23, Hit Damage: 1d10+3=8
OA from Fenwick: 1d20+6=8 Miss
Attack: 1d20+3=21
Damage: 1d4+1=3[/sblock][sblock=status]Rujah (9): C45 15/34 Bloodied HS 11/12 AP 2
Jin (9): C43 18/27 HS 6/6 AP 1 (1 AP Used this encounter)
Riardon (6): A40 15/34 Bloodied HS 6/8 AP 2 (2 IW Used)
Fenwick (13): C44 11/31 BloodiedHS 8/11 AP 1
Talon (11): B45 -1/26 Dying (2 saves missed) HS 6/8 AP 1
Dayna (10): E23 -2/22 Dying (no saves required) HS 1/2 AP Uses Talon's

Spiretop Drake 2 (15): B44 -9/29 Dead
Human Bandit 1 (15): H23 -1/37 Dead
Human Bandit 2 (15): G24 -4/37 Dead
Human Bandit 3 (15): B30 13/37 Dead

Human Noble (15): D44 31/60 Marked and about to get whacked by Rujah!
Halfling Slinger (15): LKL A32 -4/22 Dead
Human Knife Fighter (15): F25 -9/30 Dead[/sblock][sblock=Map]
TheHideoutRound9.png
[/sblock][sblock=Theorc (Everyone else can read this one too if you want)]Alright Theroc! I didn't forget your interrupts. Do you worst :rant:, but remember... his turn's not over yet.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Rujah's grin widened as the opening was left, whipping his hammer towards the banditlord, but the blow seemed ineffective. Perhaps the Bandit had more guts than he thought... since the strike he used seemed to ignore protections entirely...

[sblock=Action]
Warden's Fury: 1d20+6=8, 1d10+4=10 Low attack vs Fortitude, high damage. Sigh...[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ducking Rujah’s blow, the thief-lord jumps from the boat. As he drifts downstream, he curses back at the group, “You freaks won’t get away with this!”

As he bobs up and down, the swift current carries him away and, eventually, out to sea. The party stands crestfallen and alone. Having blazed a trail of blood to this point only to see their nemesis vanish from sight. [sblock=Mechanics] Move: to D45, then Jump to D47 (Athletics: 1d20+4=13)[/sblock][sblock=Talon, Riardon] A woman’s voice floats through you consciousness. She mocks you. Awww…..Too bad….He got away. I guess we’ll have to do this again some time, no? If you can find me, I have something to show you.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Does Rujah get an OA on him as he passes by, or does the Warden's Fury count as an OA? I'm certainly satisfied with a possible recurring villain, but I wanted to make sure of this.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Talon moves like a gale through the forest. Drawing his bow in one quick motion and letting two arrows fly in a blur before the first is seen to be drawn. Both streak toward the small target above the waters surface with vengeance urging them onward.

[sblock=OOC]With the description you presented, I'm pretty sure this guy is intended to return and bother us again someday, but this is what Talon would do. Especially since he didn't use his action point. So if neither of them hit, fine. If one hits to injure him and make him more mad at Talon for the future, cool. ;) Or both could hit and he could be still alive but REALLY mad. I'm cool with whatever, just wanted to do what Talon would do in his angry state.[/sblock]

Hearing the woman's voice again in his mind, Talon shakes his head at the unknown possibilities that the future holds. Then, he turns and hurries back along the passages to drop down on the cold stone beside Dayna. He runs his fingers through fur mottled with blood. So much blood. "Come back to me..." he mutters. "Or I will come to you..." On his hands and knees, he changes shape again and becomes the wolf once more. Licking her wounds, he wills some of his life into her. As her golden brown eyes open again, he tilts his head back and howls for joy...

(OOC: Minor action to use one of his healing surges to have her spend one of her own.)
[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start= Regeneration 2 while bloody, +2 damage for rest of encounter. Started at 8/26, regen up to 10/26.

Move= (as minor action) Mark Thief Lord as Hunter's Quarry

Minor= Equip his bow and knock an arrow.

Standard and action point standard= Longbow attack x2 (using action point for the second one) with 1d6 Hunter's Quarry damage once on any hit made. (1d20+5=20, 1d10+3=8, 1d20+5=18, 1d10+3=11, 1d6=2) First atk hits AC20 for 8 damage, second one hits AC18 for 11 damage, if either hits after whatever modifiers you want to add for him being in the water, then add another 2 damage from Hunter's Quarry.

End= Regeneration 2 while bloody and +2 damage for rest of encounter
[sblock=Talon Stat block]Talon- Male Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster Ranger 1
Conditions: Regeneration 2 while bloody, +2 damage for rest of encounter
Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18, Initiative: +3
AC: 16, Fort: 14, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 -- Speed: 6
HP: 10/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 3/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used, Milestones: .5
:bmelee: Basic Attack: +5 vs AC - Longspear 1d10+3
:bmelee: Basic Attack: +3 vs Reflex - Savage Rend 1d8+3 and slide target 1 square
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +5 vs AC - Longbow 1d10+3
Powers-
At-Will:
Circling Strike, Predator Strike, Wild Shape
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Enclose the Prey, Savage Rend
Daily: Partnered Savaging[/sblock][sblock=Dayna stat block] Dayna - Wolf Companion 1
Conditions:
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +12
AC: 15, Fort: 13, Reflex: 13, Will: 14 -- Speed: 7
HP: 5/22, Bloodied: 11, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 0/2
:bmelee: Basic Attack: Bite, +5 vs. AC; 1d8+2 (Dex)
Racial Abilities: Combat Advantage- When a wolf has CA, it gets +2(Wis mod) to damage rolls.[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Rujah, gather the pendant and the valuables," Jin said, turning to follow Talon. "I'm coming with you, Talon. We know not what other dangers lurk inside this place." Jin follows Talon through the basement, clearing the rooms they enter and watching the man's back while he cares for his companion.

[sblock=Actions]Following Talon. If we see no enemies once we reach Dayna, I'll use a healing surge and then ready a charge for any enemy in range. Probably not necessary, but Jin is used to being a retainer.[/sblock][sblock=Now What...]We need to:
1. Gather all the valuables
2. Check the other rooms for valuables
3. Leave the way we came. I'm guessing that river is no where near our city.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Does Rujah get an OA on him as he passes by, or does the Warden's Fury count as an OA? I'm certainly satisfied with a possible recurring villain, but I wanted to make sure of this.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]PHB says only one immediate action per turn. Don't have it with me right now, but it's in the combat chapter. IAs include OAs and Warden's fury. Rujah get's one OR the other during the Thief-lord's turn[/sblock]

Remove ads