Adventure: Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement! (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I don't wanna be a pain, but couldn't we have chased him? Rujah can pull and slide him around as long as Rujah can stay close. Or does he have a faster move speed than we do, making pursuit essentially impossible?[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=OOC]PHB says only one immediate action per turn. Don't have it with me right now, but it's in the combat chapter. IAs include OAs and Warden's fury. Rujah get's one OR the other during the Thief-lord's turn[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I thought opportunity actions and immediate actions were seperate. At least it looks that way to me from the PHB[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I know you guys are disappointed, but I'm looking over some technicalities that might actually play in favor of your pleas to continue the pursuit.

1. Talon has reach with his longspear and could have actually attacked him with it. As it stands, the cover (-2) provided by the water makes both of his attacks miss (AC 19).
  2. For some stupid reason, I forgot that the boat was no longer moored. It moves at the same speed as the thief lord.
So you see, technically you could chase him. One point, however, that is not in your favor:

If you spend your time chasing the thief lord, you risk drifting beyond the walkway and into the center of the river. Once this happens it makes it all but impossible to get back to the thieves' den and claim your goodies (including the necklace). Not saying that it's impossible, but nearly so.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rujah's OA]Ben is right! Rujah! Roll an OA.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Get out of the boat! I know you want to kill him, but per the DMG we get EXP for routing the enemy. Besides, I am looking forward to kicking his butt again in the follow-up, "Hey! That's not my attic!"

Let's just get the loot, make sure no more scary monsters jump out, and figure out how the heck to get back home. [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Get out of the boat! I know you want to kill him, but per the DMG we get EXP for routing the enemy. Besides, I am looking forward to kicking his butt again in the follow-up, "Hey! That's not my attic!"

Let's just get the loot, make sure no more scary monsters jump out, and figure out how the heck to get back home.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]OK. My I'm channeling my mom and dad here, but.....

Misplaced modifier: I'm sure you don't want monsters to "jump out, and figure out how the heck to get back home," but, for some reason, it doesn't seem like this was the intent of your statement.

For more on how funny little mistakes like this can be, see History Through a Child's Eyes and laugh your head off! :lol::lol::lol::lol:[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=HM]
Disclaimer: I am no grammar maven. Were my wife awake, I would consult her first.

Actually, I don't think I misplaced the modifier, because there isn't a modifying phrase. My sentence instead is a list in parallel structure:
Let's just:
(1) get the loot,
(2) make sure no more scary monsters jump out, and
(3) figure out how the heck to get back home.

Had I not included the comma after the second item, I would agree it's a bit confusing. But either way, I'm glad I could make you laugh this morning, intentional or otherwise.
[/sblock][sblock=Link]Now that is hilarious. Malaprops galore. [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Tenchuu]You're right. I missed that. In anycase I had a good laugh, even though I was mistaken :blush:

BTW. Nice creativity on the title for the followup :lol: but I think I'll try something a little more original ;).[/sblock]

[sblock=All,OOC]P8 and Tenchuu have posted actions. Waiting on a consensus as to whether or not Fenwick and Rujah will continue pursuit of the thief-lord or not. WD has also not yet posted an action, though he will not likely do this until Monday morning.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=All,OOC]P8 and Tenchuu have posted actions. Waiting on a consensus as to whether or not Fenwick and Rujah will continue pursuit of the thief-lord or not. WD has also not yet posted an action, though he will not likely do this until Monday morning.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]As I said, I'm perfectly okay with an escaping (and possibly recurring) villain. I'll follow Rujah's lead on this.[/sblock]

Remove ads