Adventure: Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement! (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
Jin follows them into the room, carrying the lamp and the scroll, having pocketed the gold. "Interesting lettering," Jin remarked, and then produced his scroll. "Can you read this too, Rujah?"

Turning to Fenwick, the ronin joked, "Your new weapon looks better than mine," brandishing the lamp.

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"I still prefer swords over axes (or lamps). But this is a matter of style. I xould never underestimate their effectivness." Riardon explains, spending light with his weapon.

[sblock=OOC]

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 15 Will 14
Hit Points: 34 / 34 Bloodied: 17
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:8 Surges per day: 4 / 8
At-Will Powers: Commander's Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

Info: lost one healing potion
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Turning to Fenwick, the ronin joked, "Your new weapon looks better than mine," brandishing the lamp.

"Could be magic lamp!" Fenwick suggests helpfully. "One time, tribe find magic lamp with powerful spirit inside, who grant wish to guy who find lamp. Must be very careful, though, because powerful spirits like practical joke. Ethnic group member wish all females attracted to him. Seem like good idea? No. Spirit make it so not just females of ethnic minority attracted to him, but also female dog, female bird, female elk, and all female creature. Eventually he get cornered by agressive female panther and come to sticky end. Lesson is be careful with magic. Lamp might work out better for Jin, though."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Rujah][sblock=scroll]
RhythmBladeRitualcopy.jpg
[/sblock] The verses at the top of the scroll read:

"Left, Left, Right, Left Left, Left, Right
Left, Left, Right, Left Left, Left, Right
Left, Left, Right, Left Left, Left, Right"

The text forming the circle in the lower right-hand corner of the scroll reads:

"Place your sword here."[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for the delay all[/sblock]

Rujah grinned as he saw the hammer, hefting it cautiously for a moment, before giving it a practice swing or two. It seemed like a piece of nature itself was imbued in the weapon, guiding his hand as he moved it. Seeing the others examining things, he moved to peer as well. Seeing the runes on the box, he immediately jumped in.

"For my son, Hankel" Rujah chimed in, before explaining further, "That's what the marks on the box say. Hankel doesn't really seem a Dragonborn name, nor does it mean anything in the Dragon's tongue... as far as I'm aware, at any rate." When Jin asked for his opinion on the scroll, he took a look, furrowed his eyes a moment, before he began translating the scroll aloud in Allarian,
"
Left, Left, Right, Left Left, Left, Right"
Then he pointed at the portion of the scroll indicated to recite the final piece.

"
Place your sword here."
Before nodding to himself and speaking once more, "That's all the scroll says, Jin. I'm afraid I don't really know what it all means, though."

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Is the same letter circle somewhere else, not only on the paper? The directions sound more like a combination to me, than as a help in a labyrinth." Riardon says, looking around for more of the same symbols. To be on the sure side, he intones: "Aura Arcana!" To look for magic auras.

[sblock=OOC]

Take 10 in arcane to look for magic auras.

-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Feystep

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Riardon]Evidently, the scroll is some sort of ritual scroll. The parchment radiates magic in rhythmic pulses that seem to match the verses at the top of the page:
--.---.
--.---.
--.---.
You surmise that in order to perform the ritual, the caster should wield two swords, swing them according to the rhythm written at the top of the page, and complete the ritual by placing the tip of the off-hand sword in the circle on the scroll.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"On second gues, I would say, that this is a riual scroll. Someone has to swing two ds according to the rhythm written at the top of the page, and complete the ritual by placing the tip of the off-hand sword in the circle on the scroll." Riardon says, looking around and stops by the ronin.

[sblock=OOC]

-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads