Adventure: Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement! (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc]the question now is: will Jin be able to hit the scroll? :)[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Seriously, don't stand too close; I might accidentally hit one of you, the way my rolls are going.[/sblock]
Though probably not the best place or time, Jin was intrigued by the scroll.

"Alright," he said, taking the scroll and stepping back. "Let's give it a shot." The ronin drew his two swords, slashing in the air as the scroll had said, mumbling the words to himself that Rujah had read, in order to get it right. At the end of the routine, Jin plunged the tip of his Father's ancient blade onto the scroll.

Nothing happened.

Grumbling, he tried the routine again, mumbling the words louder this time, and thrusting down on to the scroll with a grunt. "Ggguhh!"

[sblock=Mechanics]
Thanks a lot BB. :p

Attempt 1: 1D20 + 6 => 11

Attempt 2: 1D20 + 6 => 17

Think way of the samurai video game for the grunt sound.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The katana in Jin's right hand stabs at the scroll, but seems to strike an invisible barrier that glances it wide. Jin attempts the ritual once more, but this time strikes at the scroll with the blade in his left hand. As the katana touches the parchment on the second attempt, a golden glow radiates from the circle of script around the tip of the blade, as it sinks into the parchment. As the blade emerges from the other side of the scroll it appears temporarily gilded.

Like fairies scattering from cherry blossoms in the morning dew, golden sparks shed from the surface of the blade revealing its original color, but leaving behind a message:

RhythmBladeMessagecopy.png

The letters flare brilliantly, burning their image into Rujah's retinas as he looks on. The message floats in his vision with every blink in blood red everywhere he looks.

[sblock=Rujah]Translation: "Find my brothers"[/sblock]

The paper erupts into a blaze of golden flame radiating outward from the circle pierced by Jin's blade, until all that is left are pieces of black soot that float gently to the floor. Even the golden lettering on the blade has vanished. Jin, however, feels that his fathers blade has been given a boon of some kind. It feels lighter in his left hand, yet even so it is sharper and stronger.

[sblock=Jin]Treasure:
RhythmBladeStatBlock.png

Maybe this'll help your luck (at least by 1 on a d20;))

If you have AV2, I suggest you look it up. It's a part of a set that grants other abilities if you find its related items. The complete set, unfortunately, is in no one place in soft copy form, and I'm too lazy (or too much of a prick) to spoil it for you ahead of time. Good luck finding the others.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=HM]Nice! I see the other items in the set, and none of them excite me, but I could use the do-over daily in the gloves, and it would be great to have HQ as a free action. Might have to collect the set just for that! Thanks![/sblock]

Jin hefted the blade in his offhand, and then spun it in a quick circle flourish. "Hmmh," he commented happily. "Perhaps we should be off then, if we've gathered everything of value. It still remains to be seen whether Varquat will be standing on the other side of the basement door."

"And do we have any idea what caused the basement to... shift? I think we need something to tell Varquat if we expect payment. Preferably, the truth."

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Talon and Jin attempt to retrace their steps to the cellar where their adventure began, but find that the false door, forming the front of the large cask, has been shut and secured with several nails.

[sblock=Talon]A woman's voice floats through your thoughts like a dryad walking through the woods on a misty autumn morning,Aren't you forgetting something?[/sblock]

Remove ads