(Adventure) Hunt for the Cirya de Pietro [Judge - garyh]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
(theres going to be a serious posting slowdown from me, sorry about that... Since I won't be up for a lot of back and forth neccassarily, I'll post my entire take on the interview, and you can adjust as needed for other player's input and unexcected responses.)

Katherine has the two prisoner pirates brought to the planning room and invites them to sit across the table from her and Hallandor. (anyone else who is present can arrange themselves as they wish.) After formally introducing heself and the others, she says "We need to know quite a bit more than we do to decide what to do with you two. I take surrenders seriously and I can assure you that you will not be killed or seriosuly harmed if you keep faith with us, regardless of the answers to our questions. The only fear you should have is in dishonestly with us, and I can assure you that we will know if you are lying." (Katherine is fairly confident in this, and will attempt to give the impression that hallondar has supernatural abilities to draw on as well).

katherine will start her questions very personal and work her way to the broader interest she has in pirate activity. In rough order, she'll inquire about:

These two personally. Thier names, homes, reasons for going to sea.
How they came to serve on that pirate vessel.
How the vessel came to its current condition and what if anything happened to her captain.
The origen of the strange weapons they used, and anything else they know about them.
The weapons and tactics used by other pirates who might sail these waters.
Specific ship names and pirate captains.
The relations between different pirates if any.
The identity of any "middlemen" used by their ship in local ports to sell stolen goods or ransom valuable property or persons.

Obviously she will be trying to get a feel for these two men as individuals as well as the truth of their individual statements...

Erekose13

Explorer
ao'Thuir will be present at the interrogation of the pirates, but will remain silent. He prefers to let Katherine conduct the interview while staring intimidatingly at them.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Update is coming in the next few days... that's a lot of information Katherine is digging for, and this is finals week for me. Update should be up on Saturday, at the latest.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Katherine
"We need to know quite a bit more than we do to decide what to do with you two. I take surrenders seriously and I can assure you that you will not be killed or seriosuly harmed if you keep faith with us, regardless of the answers to our questions. The only fear you should have is in dishonestly with us, and I can assure you that we will know if you are lying."

The pair nod. "Aye, we'll tell ye what we can." One of them says.

These two personally. Thier names, homes, reasons for going to sea.

"I be Yolani." One of them says, a half-elf. "An' I be Colk." The other says, a human.

"I be from Rivenblight." Yolani says. "Nasty place, that, an' when th' opportunity ta get out ta sea came, I took it. It be a fair sight better'n Rivenblight."

"I be from a small town outta Orussus." Colk says. "I started as a hand on a merchant ship, but she came under attack, an' since then I've served as a pirate hand."

How they came to serve on that pirate vessel.

"This ship - th' Venom Fang - I been servin' on her since th' start." Yolani says. "Worked my way up ta first mate, when we threw th' cap'n overboard fer tryin' ta take 'is unfair share."

"I first served on th' Redskull, but I came onta th' Venom Fang after a little fracas with 'er." Colk says.

How the vessel came to its current condition and what if anything happened to her captain.

"Well, as I be sayin' afore, we threw th' good cap'n overboard when he took 'is unfair share a th' haul from a raid." Yolani says. "Our crew ain't too good in th' housekeepin', so it's fallen a little in quality... but she's still sailin', so we don't mind."

Colk simply nods in agreement.

The origen of the strange weapons they used, and anything else they know about them.

"'bout them... y'see, our good cap'n was th' one who got us those, an' we dunno where he gets 'em." Yolani says, shrugging. "We stop in fog a ways out ta sea from Orussus, an' a small ship comes out, and that night he hands 'em out. We dunno much 'bout how they work, but we were shown 'ow, an' they work well enough."

"Some say they're brought ta th' world by demons an' devils from th' abyss." Colk says. "Others say that only Pietro --"

"Don't say that name!" Yolani hisses.

Colk pauses. "Some say that only th' demon a th' seas can make 'em, an' he does so at his fortress in the middle of th' sea, 'bove a waterfall that falls ta th' river Styx."

The weapons and tactics used by other pirates who might sail these waters.

"Not much discussion goes on 'bout that." Yolani says. "Each a th' ships keeps ta isself, an' each uses it's own ways."

Specific ship names and pirate captains.

"Sorry, miss, we can't help ye." Yolani says.

The relations between different pirates if any.

"There's a certain... camaraderie," Yolani says, "that exists between we pirates. We won't attack each other, unless one aggravates th' other. We won't share treasure, unless there be a debt ta pay. Beyond that, it's every man fer isself."

The identity of any "middlemen" used by their ship in local ports to sell stolen goods or ransom valuable property or persons.

Yolani shrugs. "Can't say. We don't take prisoners, miss, an' I dunno of any ship that does. As fer stolen goods... they say that those're taken by th' cap'ns ta th' place where th' demon a th' seas lies."

Obviously she will be trying to get a feel for these two men as individuals as well as the truth of their individual statements...

OoC: So far as you can tell, the men are telling the truth.

Erekose13

Explorer
ao'Thuir stands silently looking as imposing as the short, muscled elf can. Having seen him in combat, he is certain that his expression is having the desired effect on the two captured pirates. Listening to their answers, ao'Thuir is troubled by Yolani's answers, particularily the part about tossing their captain overboard. That one is going to be trouble. But with his experience he might be necessary, especially if they were going to look for this demonic fortress in the middle of the sea. When Colk mentions the Pietro, ao'Thuir looks at him with narrowed eyes, he might have to talk to that one seperately later. For the moment the elf will stand silent and let the more deplomatic members of the crew interrogate the prisoners.

Pyrex

First Post
"Wait, instead of fencing the goods in a port the pirate captains hand them over to some sea-demon?
How do the crews get paid?"

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Remi
"Wait, instead of fencing the goods in a port the pirate captains hand them over to some sea-demon? How do the crews get paid?"

Yolani looks to Remi. "What? Didn't ye hear what I say? We split th' booty amongst ourselves, an' th' cap'n gives 'is share ta th' demon a th' seas. Every man keeps 'is share th' loot, other'n 'im, an' each uses it fer 'isself when we get ta ports friendly ta pirates. Th' cap'n takes what looks ta be valuable an' might be not good fer tradin' as it might draw undue 'tention, an' everythin' else is split by th' crew."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
Yolani looks to Remi. "What? Didn't ye hear what I say? We split th' booty amongst ourselves, an' th' cap'n gives 'is share ta th' demon a th' seas. Every man keeps 'is share th' loot, other'n 'im, an' each uses it fer 'isself when we get ta ports friendly ta pirates. Th' cap'n takes what looks ta be valuable an' might be not good fer tradin' as it might draw undue 'tention, an' everythin' else is split by th' crew."

Katherine nods. "And this sea demon... whose name is aparently known but feared... why would your captain give up his share to him? And more importantly, would you have done the same if your raid here had been successful?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Katherine
"And this sea demon... whose name is aparently known but feared... why would your captain give up his share to him? And more importantly, would you have done the same if your raid here had been successful?"

"Fer th' weapons, I s'pose." Yolani says with a shrug. "An' fer other things. Ye don't know what th' demon a th' seas can do, an' it's far better ta give 'im his dues than suffer 'is wrath."

"Nay, we would notta given 'im our plunder." Yolani says, shaking his head. "We're through with that un. Come hell er high water, we'll not be dealin' with no demons any longer. If he came after us, we woulda moved on ta other seas an' ports."

Remove ads