• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Hunt for the Cirya de Pietro [Judge - garyh]

Pyrex

First Post
Remi nods as ao'Thuir speaks and then turns to Katherine,
"Kat, you want to let us in on the plan you've been brewing?"

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
Remi nods as ao'Thuir speaks and then turns to Katherine,
"Kat, you want to let us in on the plan you've been brewing?"

Katherine smiles, she seems to have enjoyed even her brief time posing as a pirate, and has the lounging and flamboyant gestures down already. (her accent however has become more cultured if anything, and she has womanfully avoided saying "Arrr" at any point....) She makes sure that the conversation is held in an area too noisy for easy eavesdropping, but does not request a secluded table or anything similar that would draw attention to the secretive nature of the conversation. If anything, she woud like this to look like a casual discussion between crews of differing ships, probably not unusual in these parts. She avoids refering to their quarry by name and uses adaptations of their ships names as well.

"Well, my basic thought is this - our quarry provides goods to people we can impersonate. A few of us can go the man, or try to arrange for him to come to us, and make a common bargain. But I want to try to convince him to a more uncommon bargain as well: cooperation between the two ships. If he is willing to at least consider it, it could go one of two ways. We might be able to plant one or more of ourselves on his ship for some period of time and learn where he docks and what he does. With luck we would complete at least the lesser part of our assignment. We also might be able to convince him of a trial cooperation - His ship and the Fury attacking a vessel at sea to show how we could work together. We would need some way of sending swift messages between the two ships; I'm going to look into aquiring some minor magical aids for that purpose. We would either arrange to attack the Gaggle, or have the Gaggle join the battle with whatever ship he chose to attack. When the Fury changed sides we would have two or three ships to his one."

She looks around the group, open to suggestions, tweaks, or even flat out rejection.

(ooc: scrolls of both animal messenger and wispering wind would be possibilities for this plan, and animal messenger is on the ranger list as well as the bard, but it would require a caster level check. A feather token: bird would do the trick without a roll but is more expensive. Wands of the two spells don't seem to be standard, though one would think items of this nature would be in large demand in a port city. On a pure metagaming stance I was hoping to level before we actually took on the devil of the sea, but going out on an orc smashing trip so Katherine will have a better bluff and diplomacy score seems just WRONG! :eek: :p )

Erekose13

Explorer
ao'Thuir smiles listening to Katherine's plan, "Sounds like a daring and sneaky plan to me. Not usually to good at that, but this sounds like fun. Hope that we do get to take on the Cir... Core in the end, I relish the idea of smashing skull." ao'Thuir is always up for the grand plans, ready to through himself in way over his head.

Erekose13

Explorer
"As long as he needs strong arms, I am sure that we will be able to find a place to fit in. Right then, lets see about getting us some drinks, later we can get the supplies that we need to make this happen." ao'Thuir says as he goes to get drinks and a nice cooked meal. Coming back with mugs in hand he sits to enjoy the company of his friends.

ferretguy

First Post
While I don't agree with joining up with him under pretense...I can't think of a better way at this time. Hallador shakes his head, I would prefer being on the other ship though...I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to deceive him into believing me to work with him.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
(in response to Hallandor) Katherine smiles, dropping down her pirate queen act a notch for the moment. "Believe me, friend, while I don't share your purity of soul, I do respect and value it. I would not propose a plan where there was no room for you to follow your consience and still aid us."

When the unknown patron coughs, Katherine first glances to the door to see if someone other than them is being signaled to an arrival. If the cougher is behind her she will not turn around, but look to those across the table to find out what they see.

Remove ads