Adventure ideas

Mystearia

First Post
Hey there folks i just wanted to know what types of adventures people are interested in so i can come up with something that i can get at least 5 people together to play for a weekend or something.
please drop any and all ideas, though i've never DM'd anything higher than 5th level without house rules before so just letting everyone know before they drop an epic level idea on me

Nicolas

Warbridge

First Post
Not to derail your advert, but I'd be curious to know how many people have run games beyond that level without house rules of some kind. I'd think that customization of the game is a common occurrence.

Thezdemeus

First Post
hey, i like undead adventures or something along that line..spooky adventures rock..anyways, i have to agree with warbridge on rules as well. i think rules are going to be needed just for the simple fact that if there are none, you will quickly find yourself having to up the number of enemies attacking the players or throwing some ridiculously high powered creature within the first five minutes..my suggestion is to have those interested in playing to also make new characters for that specific adventure. the reason for this is to keep the characters within the standard rules and avoid overly powerful players. this gives everyone in general a level playing field. thanks

Mystearia

First Post
Ok weekend- the best time for all parties involved to get together and be on at the same time, now i'm horrid with time zones so i usually go by easter standard time myself
As for rules- well i'll leave that up to everyone involved, i'm an extremely flexable DM if i would do it then my players can do it, though i tend to slice out the skills part and think along the lines of if i wouldnt be able to do that then my character cant, the other thing i slice out is money for starting characters, i mean Its not like a 1st level char is going to be able to afford everything they might need for an adventure or journey, but i do assign money from fights and exp as well
also, if it's in a d&d book it's fair game for a character unless it cannot communicate with others or is so advertly powerful that it would wipe a city off its setting map.

Now i've started mixing D20 with D&D because i love mutants and other odd things and i also love the feel magic and medieval settings give things, so if you've never played D20 or you have and liked it i use it to some extent when i DM, if you need to know what books i have in case you are looking for something specific i have: PH 3.5, DMG 3.0, MM 3.0/3.5/2/3/4/and 5, as well as the feind folio, the monsters of faerun book, and the D20 future book along with the D20 modern book on a disk i can use eberron as well

Mystearia

First Post
Towey said:
-Points to the more broken 9th level spells such as Shapechange-

Ah-ha i knew i sat on something!
Um well in all actuality i've not seen in a game a spell used beyond 4th level unless a monster was useing it, but in my game if the players dont mind then i want to use mutation thingies from the d20 future book, of course there are drawbacks, and if anyone needs a list of mutations and how they work let me know and i'll stick a list of them and drawbacks in this thread, and most mutations can fit into the settings fairly easily such as haveing four arms cause some monsters have up to eight i think

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Heh...

I doubt I'd be an appropriate player. While I have weekends off...my saturday and sunday are your friday and saturday nights.

And well...I'd have to learn the rules...Be slow, painful and tedious and only weigh ya'all down.

Mystearia

First Post
Elf_Ariel said:
Heh...

I doubt I'd be an appropriate player. While I have weekends off...my saturday and sunday are your friday and saturday nights.

And well...I'd have to learn the rules...Be slow, painful and tedious and only weigh ya'all down.

I myself as i said before am a very flexable DM not only because i like to keep players interested but also because i dont really have many rules when i play or DM.
my lack of experiance is part of the cause and the other part is that i myself dont really like some of the rules in the books. also i have not turned a player away because sheesh its a game after all it's supposed to be fun not boring and tedious. but then again i know some people would rather bend a rule than ignore one so its up to you if you want to play, i dont have a problem one bit, except time, i usually spend weekends with my girlfriend and she goes home around 11pm except on sundays when she leaves at 8pm but other than that i'm free to DM whenever i've even started a story called red marsh in a series i am proudly calling D&D Future (dunno if thats trademarked or not)

Remove ads