Adventure: Into the Wild

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Thanks for the great adventure Mal - that last combat especially was pretty epic.

I'd give you an xp, but have to spread them around more. :erm:

dimsdale

First Post
Max looks at the devil carnage in front of him and smiles. Not too long ago a small girl lost her mother who tried to save her from being hunted like wild game. What was her name? the warlord thinks to himself. Then thinking outloud. Little girl, those guys will never hurt you again. Max then starts kicking around the corpses looking for loot. There's always loot...another smiles forms on Max's battlescarred face.

ooc: After receiving the loot we mysteriously return to the tavern...correct? :)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
In the aftermath of the battle with the corpses of the devils lying at his feet, a wide grin spreads across Ashir's face. A rare sight on the normally serious genasi. He runs up to Haruka and envelops her in a huge hug, his slight frame belying his strength as he squeezes the warlock. Ashir realizes what he's done and his blue skin turns red for a moment.

"I'm sorry if my actions went too far across the lines of our friendship, but I am eternally indebted to you. With your help I've uncovered some truly unique spells and today we managed to defeat some of the Oni's allies. I feel confident that with everything I've learned since arriving in Daunton I can return home and continue my work there. In fact I'm sure we will defeat them. " Ashir says excitedly, "if you ever wish to give up this life I am sure you would be welcomed back with open arms. Any of you." he adds.

When the party travels back to Daunton, Ashir gives them all a fond farewell in his more typical stoic nature with a firm handshake and a nod. With a wave the young now-confident Ashir boards a vessel due for the Kingdom of Jade.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"So, Oracle, what is it that we need to know about Lord of the Hunt? What can we do to destroy it?"

-''Easy.'' says the young man. ''Go grab that idiot who broke his ankle. Lord Severus was too confident by half when sending these troops against you and that particular cultist knows far more than he should. He was eavesdroping when his boss dealt with Severus so he can tie him to devils in general and Asmodeus in particular. Drag the cultist to any fey of any importance let him sing. I think you have encountered a pair of dragons who would do the trick. They'll know what to do.

The Fey Lords are a querulous lot but they will set aside their difference to bring down one of their own if it's proven he consorts with devil. They are proud beings who value their independance; most of them will abhor the thought of Asmodeus gaining a foothold in the feywild.''

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You mean those wee dragons we fought in the cavern!? They will bring down a fey lord?! What are they?" asks the dwarf, but obediently goes and drags the man by the legs, whimpering.

He then proceeds with his usual 'cleanup' gathering the dead and taking their heads off, humans and devils alike.

OOC: Any suggestion how could I improve Rocco? I realize I should've started with at least 18 STR, but that cannot be changed now, what can I do to make him better?

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
He's fun and sticky, but inaccurate and vulnerable. He needs more AC and better to hit.

Would changing CON to DEX and going Hide help some? Also if rebuilding, I would start at STR 18 (maybe even changing his racial to be STR / CON instead CON / WIS.

Any suggestion would be welcome. As long as you don't expect me to actually follow it :)

OOC: Get Ki Foci and use one of them as to hit generator, while having defensiveenchantments on your weapons. With two weapons, it's cheaper to maintain only ki foci.

Take daggers as your primary weapons or double sword to get accuracy boost and defensive property.

Take fighting shield or some other enchantment that gets you both shield and a weapon...preferably axe weapon in your case.

Hide wouldn't help you much even with higher dex unless you take warden con bonus somehow IMO, I mean it wouldn't offer significant upgrade over chain.

What do you loose by going plate?

renau1g

First Post
OOC: My thoughts are that you'd like a 16 in Dex, but with hide of +3 and Dex adding +3 you will end up the same as scale or 1 point higher in AC. I'd swap out the bonus to Wis to Str, maybe use your one time rebuild if you want. You got hit a lot more here as you were "playing up" so that doesn't help. You've focused a lot of feats on increasing damage, so he's a striker-leaning defender. re: to hit, you are using a +2 proficiency weapon so that can hurt a bit, but your fighter talent helps.

His AC is a bit low...but I don't see a way to bump them up too easily.

"As a result, the general "I'm not easy to hit, but I'm not invincible" targets are:

Defenders: Level+18 AC, Level+14 NADs (for two of them, +12 for the low)
Melee: Level+16 AC, Level+14 NADs (for two of them, +12 for the low)
Ranged: Level+14 AC, Level +15 NADs (for two of them, +13 for the low)" <-http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/27060765/Optimizing_Defenses&post_num=3#486851633

Really, I don't see a lot of opportunities to "improve" the PC. He's fairly well built mechanically, it's just that he was playing with PC's 3 levels higher which doesn't help...

Remove ads